By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGChartz's Best of Zelda - The Results!

Great lists!! And you sneaky bastard you, fooling everyone with your Top 10 Zelda Games ever ;)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Thanks so much for this, Salnax! This was a top notch thread! Very enjoyable read! I like your choice to put the top 10 by all categories. Seeing what strengths and weaknesses each had that contributed to their success was really interesting and provided a really cool perspective on why people like or dislike certain games. It made for a much more enjoyable read than a straight vote ranking of best Zelda games. Thanks for taking the time to put this all together!

I gotta say, I'm really pleased with how this turned out. I agreed with almost every category, and thought every game deserved the wins it got. It's really hard to rank Zelda games because they're all pretty good, and the games I'd pick as my favorite and the ones I'd rate the best are two different lists for me, but if I had to rank them best to worst as objectively as possible, I think that top ten list is pretty much the exact order I'd pick.

Although I agree with the majority of the categories, I still consider Link to the Past to be my favourite.

There should have been a category for nonlinearity, which hasn't been present in Zelda games since the 2D era (Link Between Worlds excepted...)

Good job as always Salnax! I wish I could have voted .

I'm glad to see Skyward Sword getting recognition! I don't know why people hate it! I did too at the beggining but once you go past the tutorial part it gets awesome.

I do hope that they don't go with that approach in the next games though. Tutorials need to die .

I do think Twilight Princess should get a little bit more recognition. That game was awesome, one of the best Zelda games without a doubt. The bosses where really cool! I liked killing the spider and the fight where you have to use that spinning item... I forgot it's name lol.

Anyway Ocarina of Time winning as the best Zelda game is no surprise. What a fucking awesome game!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Wright said:

Best controls, Skyward Sword, seriously? Controls killed that game for me.

Same here. Most of the times it was supposed to be challenging, it was just annoying instead.

Specially when you had to distract  your opponent pointing your sword to a certain side and hit from the other. Or hit them multiple times or risk losing three hearts or falling from a platform.

Otherwise, yeah, I liked that game too.

Around the Network

SS as second, just below OoT.
Gooooood.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

wow vgchartz sure does not like the superiors 2d zeldas

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

I still like Windwaker the best, even more so now the Wii U has the definitive version. Ocarina and Skyward sword make up my top 3.
I have Zelda A Link between worlds in my backlog, and i also finally have the chance to play Majoras Mask, time will tell if either of those games can dislodge any of my top 3.

This list shows that people here on VGC have only played OoT, SS and Majora's

For a game that had so much hate like SS, I'm surprised how many voted for it in so many categories. I personally like it a lot and if it wasn't for Fi the game would probably be in my top 3 Zelda games (yes I hate her THAT much).

I'm also surpised Wind Waker only won 1 category, I had the impression that people like that game more than SS.

Btw awesome work with this Salnax, wouldn't mind more threads like this for other games!

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:

Btw awesome work with this Salnax, wouldn't mind more threads like this for other games!

Hmm... the same concept for other series... I'll consider it.

Love and tolerate.