By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: Over 3 million Xbox One's Sold to Consumers in 2013

sully1311 said:
kirby007 said:
sully1311 said:
J_Allard said:
kirby007 said:

the rumoredlaunch date of 14 march would be 3 days after titanfall? insane bundle

Bundle of the Generation confirmed?

What?

Titanfall + Xbox one bundle for the 2nd launchcountries

Bundle of the Generation? It's just bliming started!

oh you whatted over his probable hyperbole...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

How can that freaking be? If it's really sold to end-customers then that's more than anyone had anticipated, including me (my long standing prediction was always 4 mill PS4s and 2.5 million Xbones before end of 2013).

That's amazing. With the always online fiasco and $500 price, how can that be? Publishers must be really happy that Xbone selling so well despite everything.

It's most likely what they did with the 2M number.  It's shipments, but they estimate it based on sell out everywhere.  Of course, if you look at online trackers and know the situation in EU, that's not the case.  However, I still give them congrats for reaching 3M shipped so quickly.  I hope Sony annouces something soon.

kowenicki said:
sully1311 said:

I just had a thought....

Just imagine how many One's would have sold if it weren't for yield issues?

Dont think it matters... nobody wants them... they sit there for weeks on end in stored with nobody even looking at them.

But you are right, I have no idea how they made 3m, let alone sold them going off "rumour" and anecdotal evidence that gets rammed down our throats on this site and especially GAF.

Sooo much misinformation and BS the last two months.

You know, there's a difference between "they're sitting on the shelves, therefore no one wants them" and "they're sitting on shelves, supply has exceeded demand".

If I put 100 bags of chips in front of you and said you could have as many as you'd like, and you are only able to eat 10 bags worth, the fact that 90 remained doesn't mean "nobody wants chips", it means that I gave you too many. 

XBone is being targeted specifically in America, and we've known that since launch. So of course a buttload more consoles are shipped here, resulting in demand being met and then some.

But keep playing that victim card

thismeintiel said:
Slimebeast said:

How can that freaking be? If it's really sold to end-customers then that's more than anyone had anticipated, including me (my long standing prediction was always 4 mill PS4s and 2.5 million Xbones before end of 2013).

That's amazing. With the always online fiasco and $500 price, how can that be? Publishers must be really happy that Xbone selling so well despite everything.

It's most likely what they did with the 2M number.  It's shipments, but they estimate it based on sell out everywhere.  Of course, if you look at online trackers and know the situation in EU, that's not the case.  However, I still give them congrats for reaching 3M shipped so quickly.  I hope Sony annouces something soon.

What they did with the 2M numbers? Has anyone confirmed it was shipments and not sell-throughs or are you just hoping for something? MS has confirmed sell-through to customers in all of their statements so accept the truth instead of making things up.

Excellent sales. Well done MS!

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
BMaker11 said:
kowenicki said:
sully1311 said:

I just had a thought....

Just imagine how many One's would have sold if it weren't for yield issues?

Dont think it matters... nobody wants them... they sit there for weeks on end in stored with nobody even looking at them.

But you are right, I have no idea how they made 3m, let alone sold them going off "rumour" and anecdotal evidence that gets rammed down our throats on this site and especially GAF.

Sooo much misinformation and BS the last two months.

You know, there's a difference between "they're sitting on the shelves, therefore no one wants them" and "they're sitting on shelves, supply has exceeded demand".

If I put 100 bags of chips in front of you and said you could have as many as you'd like, and you are only able to eat 10 bags worth, the fact that 90 remained doesn't mean "nobody wants chips", it means that I gave you too many. 

XBone is being targeted specifically in America, and we've known that since launch. So of course a buttload more consoles are shipped here, resulting in demand being met and then some.

But keep playing that victim card

WHOOOOSH!!!!!

and some one else misses the point.

your last sentence is kinda ironic in this context.

I know that you were being sarcastic. This isn't my first day on VGC or any gaming forum. Because no one takes rumor or anecdotal evidence seriously

thismeintiel said:
Slimebeast said:

That sounds like what you hope it is. Dude it's already been said, every Xbox One has to go online for an update, out of any they can tell sell through very accurately.

Seece said:
thismeintiel said:
Slimebeast said:

That sounds like what you hope it is. Dude it's already been said, every Xbox One has to go online for an update, out of any they can tell sell through very accurately.

I'm going to propose a silly scenario but what if people do the update, then restore to factory settings, and then update again

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I'd be way more inclined to believe there's 3M shipped, unless M$ just shipped that many. Every retail store I've visited in the last month has had plenty in stock, but no PS4's. It makes me interested to hear the official word from Sony.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

kirby007 said:
Seece said:
thismeintiel said:
Slimebeast said:

I'm going to propose a silly scenario but what if people do the update, then restore to factory settings, and then update again

Pretty sure every XB1 has a unique ID, I'm not really talking gamertags here.