By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: Over 3 million Xbox One's Sold to Consumers in 2013

Puppyroach said:
thismeintiel said:
Slimebeast said:

How can that freaking be? If it's really sold to end-customers then that's more than anyone had anticipated, including me (my long standing prediction was always 4 mill PS4s and 2.5 million Xbones before end of 2013).

That's amazing. With the always online fiasco and $500 price, how can that be? Publishers must be really happy that Xbone selling so well despite everything.

It's most likely what they did with the 2M number.  It's shipments, but they estimate it based on sell out everywhere.  Of course, if you look at online trackers and know the situation in EU, that's not the case.  However, I still give them congrats for reaching 3M shipped so quickly.  I hope Sony annouces something soon.

What they did with the 2M numbers? Has anyone confirmed it was shipments and not sell-throughs or are you just hoping for something? MS has confirmed sell-through to customers in all of their statements so accept the truth instead of making things up.

Well, Xbox One is doing great in the US.  I would imagine sales have reached 1.8M in the US, which is what VGC shows.  However, from the numbers we got from launch, the Xbox One is not setting EU on fire.  It was doing good in some regions [UK (170K in two weeks)], not so great in others [France (50K in 3 weeks), Spain (25K in 3 weeks)], so I just don't see things improving greatly in the following weeks.  At least not so much that it equals 1.3M in extra sales, not with so much stock sitting on shelves still. 

Around the Network
Mummelid:
ganoncrotch said
litude said:
Just shows that Xbox One hater "vocal minority" really was a vocal minority.

"We got them now...hit them with DRM captain!"

Well I'd say the people being vocal about what they didn't like about the X1 after its reveal made the console take a few 180s and become something that people can accept in their home and support. If people hadn't been vocal and just effectively walked away when they were dissappointed there is no way the system would be over 3million sales now.

People Cried, Microsoft listened and reacted. Good Job both parties I say.

Indeed, Microsoft are a lot more eager to please their customers than many seem to believe. Their customer service is known to be world class and the way they handled the RROD issue is unprecedented in the history of consumer electronics.

Maybe bwcause they were the first majo producer to release with such ludicrous failure rate?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Congrats Xbox One. Genuinely surprised at how well it and PS4 are selling. Hope they both keep it going into 2014!

You can never agree on total sales to consumers on this site. It is pretty clear with todays inventory management systems, that at the end of any given day that M$ or Sony can get the total of all sales for that given day at almost every retailer worldwide. So, when people say that Sony or M$ are just guessing, it is beyond funny. 15 years ago, I ran Best Buy stores in Minnesota here in the US. The Best Buy Corporate HQ is right here. At my computer in the store, I had access to the total daily sales of any product for about 120 stores. If I wanted more info, I could call a friend that worked at corporate HQ and he could give me total sales for the whole company. That was 15 years ago. You guys think it is hard for Microsoft or Sony to have a relationship with the few hundred companies that actually sell their products to get a few key items daily/weekly/yearly totals? It would only take a couple of hours work to put the totals together EVERY day.

It is near the end of the end....

Consoles sitting on shelves doesn't have to mean the console isn't selling. With an emphasis on the US, it's clear MS is just supplying loads of consoles. But that doesn't mean retailers have to order them. If they weren't selling, they wouldn't order the consoles.

Around the Network
Seece said:
tracking looks fine enough to me, it's just an estimate remember it doesn't have to be perfect.

seems spot on, remember VGC numbers still have 3 days of sales left for 2013. so another 100k in those last 3 days seems very likely and would put it on par with MS's official numbers. 

About the yield issues (that I don't agree) Foxcomm could be producing 5m chips to have 3m consoles because ofyield and we wouldn't know because we would still see great sellings and some sitting in stock.

The logical of good sales+ stock = impossible to have yield issues is the same as saying since consoles at launch cost about the same in numerical value them inflation doesn't exist

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

kowenicki said:
DonFerrari said:
About the yield issues (that I don't agree) Foxcomm could be producing 5m chips to have 3m consoles because ofyield and we wouldn't know because we would still see great sellings and some sitting in stock.

The logical of good sales+ stock = impossible to have yield issues is the same as saying since consoles at launch cost about the same in numerical value them inflation doesn't exist

The point was that the yield issues was supposed to be so bad it would hurt supply.  Its a non story made up by gaf.  There is ZERO evidence.

I think we actually have 3 million piece of counterevidence

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

DialgaMarine said:
I'd be way more inclined to believe there's 3M shipped, unless M$ just shipped that many. Every retail store I've visited in the last month has had plenty in stock, but no PS4's. It makes me interested to hear the official word from Sony.

The article clearly says over 3 million sold to consumers. It doesn't say X1 is completely sold out.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

LOL at you guys hoping the xbox one will fail. cant you see its amazingly popular?