By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout New Vegas...Wow

Tagged games:

fallout is awesome I'm looking to get fallout3 ++new Vegas back asap the goty versions

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

The game is decent, but very buggy.  I guess Bethesda will never make a  polished game like  Zelda..... Oh well.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Yep I loved it. I got it a few years after release so maybe I missed most of the technical issues because I didn't experience many, same deal with F3. One of my most anticipated games now is next-gen fallout, gonna be epic.

Fallout New Vegas was completely broken at launch, but I'm glad I tried it again later when everything was fixed. It's one of the best RPGs I've ever played and I really hope Obsidian is working of Fallout 4. They get the franchise so much better than Bethesda.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

It's certainly the buggiest of all Bethesda (I know it's made by Obsidian) games. Well the original Oblivion was also extremely buggy at launch...
Whole quest lines were broken, I think I had 6 of them I couldn't finish. Thankfully the patches helped a bit.
Very fun game with some improvements from Fallout 3 but overall I think Fallout 3 is still way better and my Game of the Gen.

Around the Network

I love Fallut 3 and i still have New vegas saved up to play. I'm trying to clear my plate of other games first.

One thing i didnt like though were the perks. I dont like that they all have a negative aspect aswell. I thought that was annoying. I didnt very much care about the several new types of ammo.
Still, it wont stop me from enjoying the game when i get to it though.

Yeah I played the fuck out of Fallout 3 and New Vegas...both great games. Now I just want a release date for Fallout 4.

One of my favorites from last gen along with Dark Souls and Demon Souls and absolutely the best WRPG of last gen and the best wrpg since probably morrowind. I remember not enjoying the game as much as fallout 3 when it came out and then coming back to it after skyrim and dark souls and the whole game just clicked with me and haven't been able to go back and enjoy skyrim or fallout 3 much since. The quests had so much more to them, characters and story are just on another level from anything bethesda does anymore and the world building is much more cohesive than fallout 3's.

And the game is massive; after a 160 hours on the pc and 130 hours on 360 (for my last play through at least..) and probably 30 hous on the piece of shit ps3 copy I still haven't been to all locations or done every quest (can't be more than a few left though..lol:

One of the few rpg's from last gen that didn't feel dumbed down over previous games in the series.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

xJbownagex said:

So, I always held Fallout up there in my favorite games of the previous gen. However, I just started playing New Vegas again for the first time in two years, and I cannot stop. I started playing it at 11 this morning, and just stopped ._. The world, the weapons, the things you fight, I just forgot all about it, and coming back to it, I can officially say it's my favorite game of Gen 7. I haven't had this similar feeling since I played Skyrim.

I don't understand the common perception that this game is "broken." It's certainly not as polished as say a Nintendo title, but I wouldn't go as far to say that it's "broken." In the 24 hours I've put into my new file, the game only crashed once. At the beginning. And plus, I'm having so much fun playing, that I can just ignore the bugs altogether (sometimes there's frame drops and pop in but that's about it.)

To sum this thread up, go pick up the ultimate edition if you haven't played the game. It's like $20. Fans of sandbox games and WRPG's need to play this.

It's not a casual game or even user frendly. You need to be very patient with the game and it's limitations, like saving often and in different slots, the auto-save will make the game slower and sometimes will freeze the game, in big fights expect hug drops in fps and freezes and that the more you play and hoard the more buggy the game gets. Players that don't folow these rulles will probably have a terrible time with the game.

Fallout: New Vegas is one of my favorite games ever. I would probably rate Fallout 3 a fraction higher but that's mostly because I liked the atmosphere better and, probably, because of nostalgia. New Vegas had superior writing, better quests, a much improved environment, and a lot more content.

Unfortunately, it also had the EXACT SAME bugs as Fallout 3. Bethesda did nothing to fix the engine. They just handed it over to Obsidian. Still, it's worth the bugs. I have hundreds of hours into each one, I just save constantly.

It's also, in my opinion, a PC game. There are mods that fix things, mods that add awesome content, and mods that just make it a better experience. Using a PC also allows you to quick-slot ten weapons, which I abuse often.

Fallout 4, when it's announced, will be my most anticipated game, period. All they really need to do is get a better engine, fix the bugs, and give us more content like FO 3/NV. I'll buy it Day One.