By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout New Vegas...Wow

Tagged games:

So, I always held Fallout up there in my favorite games of the previous gen. However, I just started playing New Vegas again for the first time in two years, and I cannot stop. I started playing it at 11 this morning, and just stopped ._. The world, the weapons, the things you fight, I just forgot all about it, and coming back to it, I can officially say it's my favorite game of Gen 7. I haven't had this similar feeling since I played Skyrim.

I don't understand the common perception that this game is "broken." It's certainly not as polished as say a Nintendo title, but I wouldn't go as far to say that it's "broken." In the 24 hours I've put into my new file, the game only crashed once. At the beginning. And plus, I'm having so much fun playing, that I can just ignore the bugs altogether (sometimes there's frame drops and pop in but that's about it.)

To sum this thread up, go pick up the ultimate edition if you haven't played the game. It's like $20. Fans of sandbox games and WRPG's need to play this.

Around the Network

I don't understand why people they say it's broken either. When I played the game on my 360 when it had just come out, I didn't come by any bugs that you didn't see in most games. Plus, it was a lot fun to explore and play just like with Fallout 3 but a lot of people tend to think less of it for some reason.

It's broken for several reasons. Namely the bugs that still exists. For instance, if you pick-up certain companions in certain situations they break.

I first played Fallout: New Vegas on PS3 when it first released, and I personally found it to be pretty bad, particularly with freezing and increasing frame rate drops the longer you played the game. I really liked the content within the game, but the technical and performance issues forced me to stop playing it. It was the final straw that led to me swearing off Bethesda published games on consoles.

Since then, the game has received numerous patches, and later after building a new computer, I decided to give the PC version another shot.  With all of the fixes over the years, as well as using mods like Mission Mojave, I had a much better experience. But make no mistake, at launch on the PS3, the game was painful.

There can be a lot of glitches, visually but also be breaking. I've had frame rates drop to 2fps permanent for a save. You can also play your way into a dead end on the main story.

Not to say the game isn't really awesome though. I even got the platinum.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network
techhunter80 said:

I don't understand why people they say it's broken either. When I played the game on my 360 when it had just come out, I didn't come by any bugs that you didn't see in most games. Plus, it was a lot fun to explore and play just like with Fallout 3 but a lot of people tend to think less of it for some reason.

I had no problem with it either on PS3. In fact I never even got that many bugs in the fallout games. Only like 2 minor ones in F3 and none in new vegas.

The game was great, but it was a mess technically. I had about 8 freezes and a couple of game breaking bugs. One of my playthroughs ended in a deadlock, a broken branch in the main quest. I had to go back several hours in save games to get on a different path around it.
I still completed it several times, that says a lot about how good the game is underneath the mess.

It's just an all around better made RPG than FO3 and Skyrim. The amount of hate this game got because it was buggy was hilariously ironic.

I bought New Vegas day 1, and had a very mediocre experience with it. It wasn't as polished as F3 and there were game breaking bugs that I ran into. I ended up dropping it after a few days. I decided to play it again a couple years ago and enjoyed the game a lot more than I had the first time. I still don't hold New Vegas to the same level as 3, but it is a good game.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

I remember when that game came out, that shit was BROKEN.