By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout New Vegas...Wow

Tagged games:

Got it day one on PC and kind of ruined it for myself with mods. Opened up the whole map, mini-fatboy miniguns, etc. I saw the UE for $20 on Xbox the other day, probably gonna pick it up. Might pick it up on PS3 instead though, idk yet.

Around the Network

I love Fallout 3 and NV equally. I did not come across any gamebreaking bug, just minor bugs that didn't stop me from enjoying these 2 jewels. Easily two of the best titles of last gen.

I gave up after an hour of losing data due to freezing on the ps3 version. I will never buy any game from bethesda again.

It's a fantastic game. I made a habit of saving constantly and making back up saves and I never encountered breaking bugs. As much as I love it, I have yet to finish it. I still need to finish old world blues and the last piece of DLC.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Crazy thing is Normal Edition of New Vegas actually ran the best for me before all the patches and ultimate edition definitely runs the worst on PS3.

Around the Network

It's one of my most hated games of all time. Such a massive disappointment compared to FO3.

]

great game

xJbownagex said:

So, I always held Fallout up there in my favorite games of the previous gen. However, I just started playing New Vegas again for the first time in two years, and I cannot stop. I started playing it at 11 this morning, and just stopped ._. The world, the weapons, the things you fight, I just forgot all about it, and coming back to it, I can officially say it's my favorite game of Gen 7. I haven't had this similar feeling since I played Skyrim.

I don't understand the common perception that this game is "broken." It's certainly not as polished as say a Nintendo title, but I wouldn't go as far to say that it's "broken." In the 24 hours I've put into my new file, the game only crashed once. At the beginning. And plus, I'm having so much fun playing, that I can just ignore the bugs altogether (sometimes there's frame drops and pop in but that's about it.)

To sum this thread up, go pick up the ultimate edition if you haven't played the game. It's like $20. Fans of sandbox games and WRPG's need to play this.

PC?? pls say PC, the game is mindblowingly packed with content if you head over to fallout nexus. Weapons, gadgets, npcs, quests that mods add, you won't go back to vanilla once you've moded it and played it.

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

PenguinZ said:
I bought New Vegas day 1, and had a very mediocre experience with it. It wasn't as polished as F3 and there were game breaking bugs that I ran into. I ended up dropping it after a few days. I decided to play it again a couple years ago and enjoyed the game a lot more than I had the first time. I still don't hold New Vegas to the same level as 3, but it is a good game.

This.  It's still a fun game, but I agree that it left a lot to be desired.  Mods definitely help it be what it should have been to begin with.

There were many issues and bugs for those who were early adopters of Fallout NV. I actually waited awhile until the Ultimate edition with all the DLC on a second disc came out and played it then. Didn't encounter any game breaking bugs or anything of the sort, but I did notice that the longer you played, the slower the loading times got and a couple of times the game would actually hang or freeze after several hours of constant play, so I would only play for a couple hours at a time at most and take a short break.

Having said that I had a blast with Fallout NV, though I still prefer Fallout 3's overall story.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.