By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout New Vegas...Wow

Tagged games:

I picked up kind of late and the game was fine to me. I got kind of bored with bethesda games though, due to overplaying them at about the same time I got Fallout NV. So I never got any major enjoyment out of it like I did Fallout 3.

Around the Network

I had zero technical problems. No bugs. But I played it years after release so obviously it was patched.

Anyway, great game just like Fallout 3. I believe Fallout 4 will be huge.

I played New Vegas twice on PC and yesterday started the Project Brazil mod. I expected to be thrown in the wasteland and given a couple of fetch quests but turned out it's a fully fledged and awesome game with brilliant writing etc.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

If you liked FNV I recomend you FO3.

It's way better believe me. NV is good but not so enjoyable as FO3.

zumnupy10 said:

It's way better believe me. NV is good but so enjoyable as FO3.

I would say the opposite but each to their own. But it's a fact that NV has way better writing. Most of FO3 dialogues consisted of 'Who are you?' and 'What are you doing here?' the first few hours in, I couldn't bare any more for that alone.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

Indeed an awesome game ! Played it on PC not so long ago (maybe that is why I didn't experience so much bugs...). Far from perfect but a great atmosphere.

Clever modding greatly enhances the experience.

Recently bought Fallout New Vegas on the Steam Sale and doing research which of those mods i should use to get the best experience.
Couldn't play it long enough when it first released on console.Didn't like it at all there.

i got the steam winter sale one, the game seems really cool but the violence of it makes me not really want to play. if there was a way to turn it off i think i would enjoy it much more.

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

m0ney said:
zumnupy10 said:

It's way better believe me. NV is good but so enjoyable as FO3.

I would say the opposite but each to their own. But it's a fact that NV has way better writing. Most of FO3 dialogues consisted of 'Who are you?' and 'What are you doing here?' the first few hours in, I couldn't bare any more for that alone.

Dialogue is an area where NV is superior I agree with that.  But I liked FO3 story more and also the capital wasteland is more immersive than the mohave wasteland Imo.

Fallout: New Vegas is soooooo greeeeat!

However, after clocking more than 300 hours in it, the game inevitable starts to break apart. Glitches and bugs are far more frequent as you keep playing, especially those who crash my console and forces me to go back to the dashboard.

I liked it more than F3, true, but F3 is a masterpiece on its own as well. Considering that wasn't their franchise, Bethesda did respect the original material with F3.