By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is VGChartz's opinion on Final Fantasy X?

Tagged games:

Imo, it was the last good Final Fantasy.Later, Square started going down the crappy path.

I have a (very) small hope FFXV can revive the series for me.

Around the Network

Best. Game. Ever

But you should probably ignore me, I liked XII, XIII and XIII-3. I've yet to play a Final Fantasy game that I haven't enjoyed

I've already pre-ordered the PS3 HD remake and I'll pre-order the Vita version too when I can. I'm looking forward to another 150hours of gameplay for that platinum!

I've only played 3 Final Fantasy games (VII, IX and X), so I'm not who to say if it's good or bad.

What I can say is that I enjoyed the game and the Blitzball (?).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JGarret said:
Imo, it was the last good Final Fantasy.Later, Square started going down the crappy path.

I don't think FFXV will revive the franchise, but   it is probably going to be a good game.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
JGarret said:

I don't think FFXV will revive the franchise, but   it is probably going to be a good game.

That´d be good enough for me.I don´t like the online only Final Fantasies, and I didn´t find FFXII very enjoyable, FFXIII is shit, so if FFXV manages to be better than those two games, that´s...something, considering the state of SquareEnix nowadays.

Around the Network

It's a poor man's Final Fantasy XIII.

I quite liked it myself, the story being the highlight of the game. The world is also incredible, one of the best in any video games, even if you have to explore it down a corridor.

JGarret said:
AZWification said:
JGarret said:

That´d be good enough for me.I don´t like the online only Final Fantasies, and I didn´t find FFXII very enjoyable, FFXIII is shit, so if FFXV manages to be better than those two games, that´s...something, considering the state of SquareEnix nowadays.

Yeah. Nowadays,  most of the good Square Enix published  games are  made either by Eidos or Crystal Dynamics.. Hopefully that changes  this gen. Not saying Eidos and CD are bad, but I simply want SE to put some effort into their own damn games as well.. Hope I am not asking for too much..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

X and VI are my favourite FF. I love the music of X and some of the characters (especially Auron) are really cool. I liked the relationships and stories between the characters: Yuna-Seymour-Tidus, Jecht-Tidus, Wakka-Rikku, and the part of the plot involving undead characters brought to life as dreams of the fayth. The game also touched some interesting themes like religion and discrimination between Yevon and the Al Bhed.

I don't like the story of FFX.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I prefer XII over X, but both aren't great RPGs in my mind. The last awesome one was IX.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero