By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita to be the best-selling handheld in Japan in 2014 ?

What do you think ?

I couldn't agree more 54 7.75%

It'll do good but won't be best-selling 151 21.66%

no just no. 262 37.59%

Trololol, Nintendomination !! 230 33.00%

Total:697
MohammadBadir said:
Lawlight said:
15M 3DS sold in Japan? So, half of the 3DS sales comes from 1 country?

15 x 2 = 40?

The last known official numbers are 34.98M.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

Ummmm??? Not sure if serious o.O

Care to explain yourself? Or is it one of your usual generic comments?

I doubt Vita will ever outsell 3DS.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

"The last known official numbers are 34.98M." You just posted...

1. Half of 35mil isnt 15mil 

2. Your comparing 15mil japan at the end of the year against 34.98mil posted how long ago(3 months ago? or 6 months ago)? That doesn't make sense. Its obviously going to be over 42mil Sold by Years end.

3.  japan sales werent 15mil when you got your 35mil number (more like 12mil-13mil)

Maybe in 2015 when Digimon will come to the vita,but still maybe.

Sign this petition please if you want GTA san andreas on PS Vita:

http://www.change.org/petitions/rockstar-games-port-grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-to-the-playstation-vita

And please spread it to various sites/forums etc.

Upcoming notable indies for PS Vita:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=176225&

Around the Network

Not going to happen.

The Vita will do pretty well, I think, but the audience is still niche. Japan has gone social in a big way, with a ton of female and semi-casual gamers who want stuff like Animal Crossing and Puzzles & Dragons, and the Vita doesn't seem to offer them much. It needs social games and it needs games that appeal to kids. The funny thing is, Vita's touch-screen would be great for those games.

The 3DS has the big games that will continue to sell very well. That, quite honestly, will be enough for it to easily out-sell the Vita. Small developers will continue to support the Vita, where they do just as well if not better than on the 3DS, but big Japanese publishers are often cautious to a fault and will probably only put the biggest IPs on the 3DS.

Absolutely not. It simply doesn't have the games.

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

2. Your comparing 15mil japan at the end of the year against 34.98mil posted how long ago(3 months ago? or 6 months ago)? That doesn't make sense. Its obviously going to be over 42mil Sold by Years end.

3.  japan sales werent 15mil when you got your 35mil number (more like 12mil-13mil)

Nitpicking your way out of my comment is fine. Anyway, hard to believe how low the 3DS sales are outside of Japan. Even harder to believe how little games people buy for it.

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

Nitpicking your way out of my comment is fine. Anyway, hard to believe how low the 3DS sales are outside of Japan. Even harder to believe how little games people buy for it.

Im nitpicking? I just said your comment was wrong. If 3DS sales are low than so are WiiU's/Vita's/X1/X360/PS3/PS4 lmao. Your hate towards nintendo shows no stop

If you think 10mil+ in NoA and 10mil+ in Europe are low in less than 3 years your obviously trolling or just delusional

Maybe in 2018 or so, but NOT in 2014. I won't deny that the Japanese lineup for the Vita looks alright for 2014, but is it really enough for it to, say, double sales year over year? And do you really think the 3DS is going to have no support or something? Consider the following things that may give the 3DS Momentum:

• Japan still hasn't seen a 2DS release. Even if Japan likes 3D more than the West, the 2DS would likely become the default cheap system for children and casual gamers. Even if it flops like Vita TV, it would still provide a notable boost. And Nintendo can still release a new 3DS model that's not the 2DS at all in 2014, possibly one that appeals to original purchasers ala the DSi.
  • The currently named 3DS lineup for 2014 is not as strong as that of 2012 or 2013, but is far from weak. The last original handheld Kirby title was a million-seller in Japan alone. Super Smash Bros 4 3DS is sort of an unknown quantity, but even if it only sells half of what Brawl did, that's another million-seller. Yoshi's New Island DS predecessor was, you guessed it, a million-seller in Japan alone. That's three games likely to reach the top 10 games of 2014 right there. And that's not counting smaller games like Persona Q, that Dragon Quest remake, Mario Golf, etc.
  • The current 3DS lineup still has some juice left. Pokemon D/P sold a million copies in Japan alone the year after it came out. Monster Hunter 3 Portable sold over 800,000 copies on an obolescent system its second year, despite competition from the 3DS version of MH3. Therefore, it is likely that Pokemon X/Y and MH4 will each continue to sell well in 2014. And of course, Zelda is only releasing at the very end of 2013, meaning the bulk of its sales are likely to happen in 2014.
  • The 3DS lineup is still likely to grow! Pokemon Z or Pokemon G3 remakes are likely to come in late 2014. Less notable but still relevant is the possibility of sequels to existing 3DS games. Super Mario 3D Land 2 is likely IMO, if only because it's already been a couple of years since the original, the assets are already there, and EAD Tokyo can multitask. A new Fire Emblem could be released 2 and a half years after Awakening. Majora's Mask 3D has all but been confirmed. Etc.

With all of that in mind, do you really think the Vita can make up for the 4-fold difference between the systems in 2013?

Love and tolerate.