By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita to be the best-selling handheld in Japan in 2014 ?

What do you think ?

I couldn't agree more 54 7.75%

It'll do good but won't be best-selling 151 21.66%

no just no. 262 37.59%

Trololol, Nintendomination !! 230 33.00%

Total:697
Viper1 said:

but they were also heavily marketed and hyped

Are we talking about the same games here?  Mind=0 heavily marketed and hyped?  Silent Hill: Book of Memories?  Tearaway?  Half of those were stealth releases in Japan.

There were "heavily marketed and hyped" Japanese Vita releases for the year, but we're looking at things like Soul Sacrifice; Toukiden; Ragnarok Odyssey Ace; Phantasy Star Online 2; God Eater 2 & Final Fantasy X HD.  Not the games you listed which seem to be from publishers who don't have the money to do any marketing + western developed titles.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Viper1 said:

but they were also heavily marketed and hyped

Are we talking about the same games here?  Mind=0 heavily marketed and hyped?  Silent Hill: Book of Memories?  Tearaway?  Half of those were stealth releases in Japan.

There were "heavily marketed and hyped" Japanese Vita releases for the year, but we're looking at things like Soul Sacrifice; Toukiden; Ragnarok Odyssey Ace; Phantasy Star Online 2; God Eater 2 & Final Fantasy X HD.  Not the games you listed which seem to be from publishers who don't have the money to do any marketing + western developed titles.

I think you misnderstood that part of my post.  The "heavily marketed and hyped" part was in referrence to the "ports and remakes" part, not the exclusives part...which Tearaway, Silent Hill and Mind 0 fall under.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:

I think you misnderstood that part of my post.  The "heavily marketed and hyped" part was in referrence to the "ports and remakes" part, not the exclusives part...which Tearaway, Silent Hill and Mind 0 fall under.

Okay.  I literally could've picked any game in that list, apart from Phantasy Star Online 2, and the same would have applied.  Hyperdimesnion Neptunia Rebirth heavily marketed?  Where was it marketed?  Dead or Alive 5+ hyped?  By who?  Where?

I really wasn't seeing much in the way of buzz for either of those.  Muramasa Rebirth maybe a little more, but it's still an MAQL title who aren't exactly a massive publisher and I doubt had much in the way of an advertising budget for it.

Arius Dion said:
LoL. Vita's a dud. It has a better chance being discontinued than it does outselling the 3DS.

This. I think 2014 will be the last year for the vita. Neither the console nor the games are selling at all and with a Sony company already in big financial trouble I doubt they can afford to keep wasting resources on a platform with limited future.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

carlos710 said:
Arius Dion said:
LoL. Vita's a dud. It has a better chance being discontinued than it does outselling the 3DS.

This. I think 2014 will be the last year for the vita. Neither the console nor the games are selling at all and with a Sony company already in big financial trouble I doubt they can afford to keep wasting resources on a platform with limited future.

Yeah, sure, discontinue your product, lose money and show your consumers that you don't have faith in your product when it's struggling. That makes a lot of sense, doesn't it? -_-

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

Around the Network

The Vita will have a good year in Japan. Not spectacular but good enough.

I am surprised that some users think that it will be discontinued. It's future looks bleak but It's not THAT doomed!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

You hear similar prognostications that Nintendo will discontinue the Wii U. Even from reputable analysts/media.

Both of which (discontinuing either Wii U or Vita) are just laughable.

The rEVOLution is not being televised