By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita to be the best-selling handheld in Japan in 2014 ?

What do you think ?

I couldn't agree more 54 7.75%

It'll do good but won't be best-selling 151 21.66%

no just no. 262 37.59%

Trololol, Nintendomination !! 230 33.00%

Total:697
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Im nitpicking? I just said your comment was wrong. If 3DS sales are low than so are WiiU's/Vita's/X1/X360/PS3/PS4 lmao. Your hate towards nintendo shows no stop

If you think 10mil+ in NoA and 10mil+ in Europe are low in less than 3 years your obviously trolling or just delusional

The 3DS can only dream of reaching PS3/360 and later PS4 numbers. Btw, is our Pokemon bet still ongoing or you capitulated already?

im not the guy you betting lol, and tht bet was 12mil lifetime which pokemon is way over 8mil by Dec 22nd. Your going to lose that bet with him. Also 3DS dream of reachng 80mil+??? You keep dreaming that lol

Well, are you the guy who said that the 3DS will sell 15M+ easily in 2013? How's that dream coming along?

Also, Pokemon X&Y is, realistically, less than 8M and most likely tracking way behind B&W.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Im nitpicking? I just said your comment was wrong. If 3DS sales are low than so are WiiU's/Vita's/X1/X360/PS3/PS4 lmao. Your hate towards nintendo shows no stop

If you think 10mil+ in NoA and 10mil+ in Europe are low in less than 3 years your obviously trolling or just delusional

The 3DS can only dream of reaching PS3/360 and later PS4 numbers. Btw, is our Pokemon bet still ongoing or you capitulated already?

im not the guy you betting lol, and tht bet was 12mil lifetime which pokemon is way over 8mil by Dec 22nd. Your going to lose that bet with him. Also 3DS dream of reachng 80mil+??? You keep dreaming that lol

Well, are you the guy who said that the 3DS will sell 15M+ easily in 2013? How's that dream coming along?

Also, Pokemon X&Y is, realistically, less than 8M and most likely tracking way behind B&W.

lmfao now your making up things I never said easy in 2013, i said lifetime. Your just mad that its going to surpass your maximum prediction (12mil)

And pls pokemon xy has been adjusted here already and is undertracked in japan as Famitsu has it over 3.8mil so you just failed hard.

Let it track behind BW all it wants cuz sooner or later it'll surpass it! Nothing you say can prove pokemon xy is under 8mil. In japan you still need to add another 600k-700k here anyway (by dec 22nd). Why are you so mad pokemon xy doing well for??? I just dont understand

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

lmfao now your making up things I never said easy in 2013, i said lifetime. Your just mad that its going to surpass your maximum prediction (12mil)

And pls pokemon xy has been adjusted here already and is undertracked in japan as Famitsu has it over 3.8mil so you just failed hard.

Let it track behind BW all it wants cuz sooner or later it'll surpass it! Nothing you say can prove pokemon xy is under 8mil. In japan you still need to add another 600k-700k here anyway (by dec 22nd). Why are you so mad pokemon xy doing well for??? I just dont understand

Dude, read my post again - I said 3DS selling 15M+ worldwide. I'm just glad that all my predictions are turning out to be correct so far - that includes Pokemon X/Y selling less than 12M worldwide.

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Dude, read my post again - I said 3DS selling 15M+ worldwide. I'm just glad that all my predictions are turning out to be correct so far - that includes Pokemon X/Y selling less than 12M worldwide.

I never said 2013 though, and also do you have patience??? Its only been out for less than 3 months. You do kno nintendo games have the best legs right? Its over 8miland it'll hit 9mil by years end. Then it'll climb up in the next year and/or 2!

Viper1 said:
teigaga said:
Possible, I think the Vita will start outselling the 3DS by Q3. In 2014 it will finally have a large array of exclusives. the momentum will probably carry on into 2015 with Digimon and Gravity Rush 2 already announced. I could imagine Square Enix and capcom finally giving the Vita some love.

If Digimon is what is considered a big title for Vita and is being hailed as one of the catalysts for Vita potentially outselling 3DS in Japan, I seriously must consider the future of the console in most dubious means.

Nope, simply stating that it has a lot of exclusives being announced now. We are not even in 2014 yet and exclusives are already being announced for 2015. The vita has achieved its current numbers this year with virtually no exclusives, all cross platform titles bar Soul Sacrifice. Its sales peak is clearly ahead of it.

Around the Network
teigaga said:
Viper1 said:
teigaga said:
Possible, I think the Vita will start outselling the 3DS by Q3. In 2014 it will finally have a large array of exclusives. the momentum will probably carry on into 2015 with Digimon and Gravity Rush 2 already announced. I could imagine Square Enix and capcom finally giving the Vita some love.

If Digimon is what is considered a big title for Vita and is being hailed as one of the catalysts for Vita potentially outselling 3DS in Japan, I seriously must consider the future of the console in most dubious means.

Nope, simply stating that it has a lot of exclusives being announced now. We are not even in 2014 yet and exclusives are already being announced for 2015. The vita has achieved its current numbers this year with virtually no exclusives, all cross platform titles bar Soul Sacrifice. Its sales peak is clearly ahead of it.

Actually, it received a lot of exclusive in Japan:

Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Phantasy Star Online 2
Tales of Hearts R
Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core Plus R
Dead or Alive 5 Plus
Muramasa Rebirth
Photo Kano Kiss
Valhalla Knights 3
Mind Zero
Killzone: Mercenary
Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth
Tearaway

Just to name a few.  But I still don't get your point.  Digimon is announced as a 2015 title and that somehow means that Vita is going to start outselling 3DS in Japan by Q3 2014?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
teigaga said:

Phantasy Star Online 2
Tales of Hearts R
Dead or Alive 5 Plus
Muramasa Rebirth
Photo Kano Kiss
Valhalla Knights 3
Mind Zero
Tearaway

Just to name a few.  But I still don't get your point.  Digimon is announced as a 2015 title and that somehow means that Vita is going to start outselling 3DS in Japan by Q3 2014?

I wouldn't count Phantasy Star Online 2, Tales of Hearts, Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core, Dead or Alive 5, Muramasa and Hyperdimension Neptunia as exclusive titles. They are ports, partially enhanced... old wine in new bottles.

Conina said:
Viper1 said:
teigaga said:

Phantasy Star Online 2
Tales of Hearts R
Dead or Alive 5 Plus
Muramasa Rebirth
Photo Kano Kiss
Valhalla Knights 3
Mind Zero
Tearaway

I wouldn't count Phantasy Star Online 2, Tales of Hearts, Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core, Dead or Alive 5, Muramasa and Hyperdimension Neptunia as exclusive titles. They are ports, partially enhanced... old wine in new bottles.

PSO 2 was originally released on Windows before Vita, true, but that may as well be considered an exclusive in Japan.  The others are indeed ports or remakes but they were also heavily marketed and hyped...some carried over from very separate fanbases (Wii to Vita for instance) which create the same market reach as would an exclusive.  Point being that I don't think a Digimon title and a sequal (albeit to a very big game) suggest a better year than what I noted in my list which shouldn't give one the impression of a major sales increase.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

The Vita will reach a 2.5 million instal base in Japan until the end of the year. I could see it doubling by next year if the string of medium-big Japanese games are released for it and the PS4 launch helps it. Even so, Im not seeing the 3DS doing sub 4 million next year, so no, it will still be the king.

Never the less, no matter how bleak the Vita looks in the west, I doubt that it will do under 10 million in Japan.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Viper1 said:
teigaga said:
Viper1 said:
teigaga said:

Phantasy Star Online 2 (not exclusive)
Tales of Hearts R

Dead or Alive 5 Plus
Muramasa Rebirth
Photo Kano Kiss
Valhalla Knights 3
Mind Zero
Tearaway

Just to name a few.  But I still don't get your point.  Digimon is announced as a 2015 title and that somehow means that Vita is going to start outselling 3DS in Japan by Q3 2014.

Refer back to the original comment,  I was  saying I expect the Vitas momentum to continue into 2015. with such it may finally gain some real support from the biggest developers in japan, whom up until this point have  only been making exclusives for the 3ds due to contacts and OR the Vitas small userbase.

Where the games you mentioned are concerned  I specified this year but anyways...When I said exclusives I wasnt really thinking of updated ports, although they do technically count. All that list does is reaffirm  the point that the Vita has had a piss poor line up in japan thus far with the majority of titles being ports (updated or not)  of mediocre franchises (popularity wise). Or titles ill fitted for the region like killzone and silent hill book of memories. Its sales potential hasnt been reached. 2014 looks far better both for exclusives and cross platform titles and we havent even entered it yet. Undoubtably plenty more games will be announced throughout the year as well as the ps4 cross play functionality being put to use. One can only assume that vita sales will rise  in 2014, how much by is yet to be determined, whilst its also presumable that 3DS sales fall (due to saturation). Its plausible that in the last 3rd of 2014, the vita would be in more demand then the 3DS as it reaches its peak and the 3DS declines.

Current Exclusives (all targeted at the japanese market)

+Soul Sacrifice Dellta (more noteworthy then any of the updated ports youve listed above)
+Freedom Wars (positioned as the next big system seller, similar to how soul Sacrifice was this year)
+Phantasy Star Nova 
+Over My Dead Body 2
+Sword arts Online
+ Persona 4 Dancing all Night (
+Girls Und Panzer

+Plenty of high profile multiplatform titles like Gundam and J star Victory.