By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Xbox Live the killer app that will dethrone the PS4 in USA??

DJEVOLVE said:

I've had no issue with it. Maybe I'm not using it in ways that have caused me problems.  however we can count on you to update us shall xbox have some very simple problems that can be fixed. However competing with the cloud is not going to be done any time soon.

Ah yes, the extremely over hyped cloud that does nothing special.  With out it you can't... err... err... well there's nothing you can't do without it but MS is hopeful that they will find something.  Hosting services are not exclusive to MS.  Name one thing that Xbox Live Cloud does which developers can't do on PS4.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network

Don't PS4/XBO have the same ethernet cards? They should connect to your router equally as easily. As for your PS3, you should change the settings on your PS3.

Anyway, how can XB Live be the Killer Ap to "dethrone" the PS4 if it's older? If this ap were so killer, how did PS4 top XBO right off the bat? Why would an old "killer ap" top a newer one?

As for your post, complete non-sense. People will buy PS4 if that's what most people in the area have and same goes for 360. Since PS4 is outselling XBO, I would assume Canada, and the more populated coastal cities prefer PSN/PS4. However the Central and Southern States probably prefer XBO. No killer ap will change this, it's just some parts of USA prefer domestic products, and some people prefer the cheaper, better optimized for gaming platform.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

prayformojo said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
No. OS didn't save Microsoft from the PS3. It was the Kinect that did that but the fad died after two years so Sonys advances couldn't be stopped.

I think he's talking about the US. The 360 is the number one last gen console there by a mile.

Ok then yeah its definitely the games, fads and accessibility. America is a competitive country and the xbox is considered the competitive gaming console. It represents everything america stands for.

No, to be honest, there's a big Plus for MS, which is called LIVE. This new user interface from PS4 is crape as well, so unorganized.
Titanfall, Halo, Quantum Break are games i'd like to play.

But I like stronger Specs, the elegant Design, the included Powerbrick and the lack of Kinect, so I'm fine with PS4. But yeah PSN is a wannabe LIVE

Mmmfishtacos said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Didn't read but yes XBL is superior to PSN. Always has been and always will be. Getting free games with PS+ doesn't make it a superior service. That is like saying one restaurant is better than the other because they gave you free dessert but they were 30 minutes slower with your food and were assholes while the other didn't give you free dessert but was on time and friendly. Regardless Games With Gold begins in 2014 on Xbox One so Sony better upgrade their servers or it won't even be close.

lol. Isn't true and never wil be. 

Then prove me wrong. Its always the same argument from you guys. PS+ gives you free games so it is better. No actually that makes it  a better deal but not a better service. I prefer to have a flawless online experience. Last gen PSN was down monthly for maintenance, down for a full month because of a hack, and had no cross game or party chat. XBL completely blew the doors off of PSN. This gen PS4 finally has those things but yet has still been down multiple times since release and XBL has yet to go down. 300,000 servers on XBL for dedicated gaming vs PSN's # that will never get released because it is much lower. If Sony doesn't improve the online infrastructure it will never be as good. Games with Gold starts next year so the free game argument can't even be used anymore.

Around the Network
Mmmfishtacos said:
DJEVOLVE said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
DJEVOLVE said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
DJEVOLVE said:
You are going to get lit up, by the usual suspects. LOL I agree, XBOX LIVE IS WAY BETTER!! PERIOD>

Lol I agree, PSn is way better period. 

Anecdotal evidence but my buddy has both, had major problems with PSN last month, none with Xbox live. He had so much of a issue with ghost on PSN, he went and bought ghost on Xbox one again. Likes the system, hates the online.

Anecdotal evidence but my friends all own ps4, we had problems on day one. And none sense then. We play ghost daily. Ask you friend how well that party chat on xbone is going.

Party chat works fine. i own xbox one.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/3/5170246/xbox-one-party-chat-problems-microsoft-fix

Then why does MS feel they need to make a public statment promising to fix it?

Maybe they want to improve it, just like the 360 UI was improved multiple times throughout last generation. Party chat works fine for me as well but I mostly use Skype. Either way I can chat with whoever I want whenever I want.

tuscaniman99 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Didn't read but yes XBL is superior to PSN. Always has been and always will be. Getting free games with PS+ doesn't make it a superior service. That is like saying one restaurant is better than the other because they gave you free dessert but they were 30 minutes slower with your food and were assholes while the other didn't give you free dessert but was on time and friendly. Regardless Games With Gold begins in 2014 on Xbox One so Sony better upgrade their servers or it won't even be close.

Then prove me wrong. Its always the same argument from you guys. PS+ gives you free games so it is better. No actually that makes it  a better deal but not a better service. I prefer to have a flawless online experience. Last gen PSN was down monthly for maintenance, down for a full month because of a hack, and had no cross game or party chat. XBL completely blew the doors off of PSN. This gen PS4 finally has those things but yet has still been down multiple times since release and XBL has yet to go down. 300,000 servers on XBL for dedicated gaming vs PSN's # that will never get released because it is much lower. If Sony doesn't improve the online infrastructure it will never be as good. Games with Gold starts next year so the free game argument can't even be used anymore.

It's not up to me to prove you're fud wrong. it's up to you to prove it right. And you can't and wont. 

tuscaniman99 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
tuscaniman99 said:

PSN does have party chat, and has done for years, the problem with it on PS3 was bandwith allocations, wouldn't have been very practical whilst one guy was playing GT5, another playing God of War 3, another streaming Netflix etc.

Some of you guys are developing an extremely bad habit of attributing the performance of anything internet-related to the online infrastructure the system is associated with. And have probably been lead on by the advantages Live proposed on the original Xbox vs the online capabilities of the other systems of that generation. Even down to the PS4, I'm yet to see anything where mandating PS+ fees was directly responsible for any improvements.

Anyway, I whole heartedly agree with the OP, I mean, I don't think it's a coincidence that the original Xbox (y'know, the system that by actual definition had a superior online infrastructure to the competition) outsold the PS2 6:1.

Wait...

If Sony can continue to release compelling Downloadable Indle titles along with being able to keep my PS+ offerings coming for both ps3 & ps4, I'll be very, VERY happy with PSN. ...ps- PS+ Jan offerings looks sweet...........
Keep on Gaming.