By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Xbox Live the killer app that will dethrone the PS4 in USA??

lol nice thread. seems humor is lost on most.

Around the Network

Do you every start threads that are not obviously designed to start a flame war?

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

In the USA hell yes xbox live stomps the hell out of psn anyone who says otherwise is a blind fanboy of sony and hasn't used both! It will sell xbox one over ps4 due to past experience with long downtime and just less options such as cross game chat, people who tried both remember getting burned for over a month of downtime on psn.The biggest reason xbox live sells is because microsoft opens its wallet to buy extra content such as hbo go and espn.With xbox one there going even further with p90x, insanity and more just one of those workouts bought would cost over $100 add in new shows only on xbox live and the content gets even more deeper. But the big gun is in 2014 LIVE NFL GAMES AND FANTASY FOOTBALL this alone will sell xbox one in the USA like hot cakes and for the price of xbox live will be cheaper than nfl sunday ticket on directv. So yes xbox live will drive sales because the content and online quality is there.

AAA300 said:
In the USA hell yes xbox live stomps the hell out of psn anyone who says otherwise is a blind fanboy of sony and hasn't used both! It will sell xbox one over ps4 due to past experience with long downtime and just less options such as cross game chat, people who tried both remember getting burned for over a month of downtime on psn.The biggest reason xbox live sells is because microsoft opens its wallet to buy extra content such as hbo go and espn.With xbox one there going even further with p90x, insanity and more just one of those workouts bought would cost over $100 add in new shows only on xbox live and the content gets even more deeper. But the big gun is in 2014 LIVE NFL GAMES AND FANTASY FOOTBALL this alone will sell xbox one in the USA like hot cakes and for the price of xbox live will be cheaper than nfl sunday ticket on directv. So yes xbox live will drive sales because the content and online quality is there.

Just wow.

$60 XBL Gold for vs. $50 PSN Plus? Nah....I like to save money.

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:

Now that you have to pay for PSN and Xbox Live it is justified to compare the two networks.

None of my friends want a PS4 (here in the states), they hate using the PSN. Most people around my age just want to play online. Xbox Live has been around longer and offers a smoother, quicker experience than PSN. The PSN also has periods of down time while Xbox Live does not. A lot of my friends are used to playing call of duty on Xbox platforms so they will stick with Xbox. I know about 6 people who bought Xbox One units (including myself), only my cousin bought a PS4. Microsoft captures rights to third party content which will persuade people to buy a specific game on an Xbox platform. If one person owns the game on Xbox One all their friends will buy an Xbox One to play with them. The PSN feels lonely compared to Xbox Live, people like to feel like they are a part of something like on online community....Also the Xbox has CLOUD!!

I agree with them (for different reasons than them). The PSN doesn't work with my roughter. The PS3 knocks out the internet in my house so I would never consider getting a PS4 (unless I can test drive it to see if it works). Xbox platforms have always worked for me, so I'm sticking with it. In conclusion I think PS3/PS4 is GREAT for single player games, but if you want to play online get a Xbox One. Just my opinion...

The difference was much more significant in PS3 vs 360 (and it didn't kill the PS3).  Now PSN works fine.  My friends are getting PS4s.

Also these days everybody's services run in the "cloud".   Please describe one thing special thing Microsoft's CLOUD does?  Do you even know what it actually is, and what it can do?

My 8th gen collection

Didn't read but yes XBL is superior to PSN. Always has been and always will be. Getting free games with PS+ doesn't make it a superior service. That is like saying one restaurant is better than the other because they gave you free dessert but they were 30 minutes slower with your food and were assholes while the other didn't give you free dessert but was on time and friendly. Regardless Games With Gold begins in 2014 on Xbox One so Sony better upgrade their servers or it won't even be close.

gooch_destroyer said:

I got my XBL for $39.99.

tuscaniman99 said:
gooch_destroyer said:

I got my XBL for $39.99.

I had the chance to get PSN Plus for $29.99. But I missed it.