By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Update! GT6 Global Bombs (N.A, EU and Japan)!! 34% of GT5 Opening Week

tiffac said:
The only way to save GT6 is they port it to the PS4 and add "Epilogue" to its name. It was not a sound move to release the game on your previous console, right after the launch of your next-gen console. It makes no sense, especially for a big franchise.

especially seeing how GT3 is the most successful one on Sony's most successful console.  Polyphony should have delayed for a year and released holiday 2014 to massive success.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

As GT fan I saw this coming.

I mean there has been no hype for it whatsoever. Even I wasn't really excited about GT6. Most likely will be the first major Gran Turismo game I won't get to play.

So I'll just patiently wait for Gran Turismo 7 on PS4. Just like how I waited very patiently for GT5 on PS3.

Panicnausia said:
Now sales matter again? LOL.

Funny since a few posts before this one you said it will still outsell the other Forza games.

platformmaster918 said:
tiffac said:
The only way to save GT6 is they port it to the PS4 and add "Epilogue" to its name. It was not a sound move to release the game on your previous console, right after the launch of your next-gen console. It makes no sense, especially for a big franchise.

especially seeing how GT3 is the most successful one on Sony's most successful console.  Polyphony should have delayed for a year and released holiday 2014 to massive success.

You know what they should have done, they should have released GT6 during the Japanese launch of the PS4. That would not only be a kudos to the homeland but would continue the hype train for the PS4. I have no idea why Sony never thought of that. This one just doesn't make sense.

I mean if this was a JRPG that would probably sell around 200k in the English speaking market like Persona or Tales of then I would probably understand but GT?! it does not compute!

So, it'll go on to sell a couple million. Whatever will Sony do.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

When 90% of the fanbase (the percentage is accurate my dad's friend knows Kaz's janitor) tells you to put it on the PS4 and then you proceed to put it out on the PS3 anyway what did they expect?

Only 80 posts?

Hahahaha, this thread completely bombed

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Well, GT5 prologue, GT5 full game, GT psp? and now GT6.

Looks like its suffering from too many releases, just like the two GOW's out there.

Should have been a PS4 title.

GT6 is a MAJOR success, and IS NOT a bomb! 3D world is though, I swear! It got outsold by Knack somewhere!!