By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Update! GT6 Global Bombs (N.A, EU and Japan)!! 34% of GT5 Opening Week

It's a marginally better game,what does everyone expect. I said it wouldn't sell months ago.  Not a bomb, but not what the Gran Turismo fans were expecting.  Should have scrapped the idea of GT6 and went straight to GT7.

Around the Network

It was announced and released without delay. That means people don't really expect it to be out yet.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

I think Sony knew this from the start, that's why they released the bundle since day 1.

I think it´s still a bit early to say its a "bomb"

It will sell enough to give the developers some profits. And Gran Turismo games normally sell for a long time. It will be financially successful in the long run, but not as the previous game, of course

bosslug said:
GT6 is a MAJOR success, and IS NOT a bomb! 3D world is though, I swear! It got outsold by Knack somewhere!!

I´m pretty sure Knack outsold 3D World in Indonesia... oh wait....

Around the Network

It will still well. Its hardly bombing. But I understand what the op means, in comparison to previous GT sales I think it will be considerably the lowest. By several million maybe 5 million LT less?

Interestingly though its direct competitor Forza 5 sold 600,000 in the first week according to VGC. In respect, Froza 4 which was the previous best opening week was 515,000. I wonder if any fans are trying out Forza 5 and Xbox One?

kupomogli said:

It's a marginally better game,what does everyone expect. I said it wouldn't sell months ago.  Not a bomb, but not what the Gran Turismo fans were expecting.  Should have scrapped the idea of GT6 and went straight to GT7.

huh .. its a hell of a lot better gamer then the mess Gt5 was early on, it took a long time to get it sorted.  Driving physics which this game is all about there is a massive improvemnt.

yes scap what will sales countless millions make hundreths of millions in profits and will help ofseat PS4 launch costs.

brilliant.

Porcupine_I said:
Only 80 posts?

Hahahaha, this thread completely bombed

No, it just seems the typical Sony fanboys who love to spread Nintendo doom and gloom and leave 30 comments per topic are nowhere to be found !

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

BeElite said:
kupomogli said:

huh .. its a hell of a lot better gamer then the mess Gt5 was early on, it took a long time to get it sorted.  Driving physics which this game is all about there is a massive improvemnt.

yes scap what will sales countless millions make hundreths of millions in profits and will help ofseat PS4 launch costs.

brilliant.

So it's "Brilliant" if Sony releases a game that sells terribly compared to it's predecessor because it will profit them substantially, yet, when another company (Nintendo or M$) have a sequel that sells less (yet still profits well) than it's predecessor it is doomed or they are milking the franchise and it's becoming stale. 

P.S Not saying you said that, I'm just generalizing alot of comments I've read recently.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Wow this is terrible for Sony. GT was basically there only inter-generational system seller IP they have but it looks like it has finally gone bust.

Cant say I am surprised, the series has stagnated since the PS1, same terrible bumper car physics and car handling with a fresh coat of paint. The games just got too boring a repetitive. While series like Forza have caught up and surpassed GT while it stood still.