By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Update! GT6 Global Bombs (N.A, EU and Japan)!! 34% of GT5 Opening Week

BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

What will be interesting is if Forza 5 can outsell GT6. At this point I think it has a very solid chance of dethroning GT as best selling racer.

Forza has a snow balls chance in hell of doing that, it has good sales early on for the fact all the other MS exclusives are crap.  

It has no content to maintain long sales and its gymped economy and flat out forcing DLC will easly kill it fast, If titanfall is great all the xbone plyers will migrate to it.

Forza 5  is selling quite well, plus it is a launch game which historically assist games to have higher numbers than normal (ie Resistance). I believe that there is a reasonable chance that Forza 5 outsells GT6. GT6 is already well below the second game effect drop (in certain regions so far) while Forza seems to be doing reasonably well (in only 13 regions). I have no doubt in my mind that GT7 will reclaim the title but I believe this will be the first Forza to outsell a GT.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

What will be interesting is if Forza 5 can outsell GT6. At this point I think it has a very solid chance of dethroning GT as best selling racer.

Forza has a snow balls chance in hell of doing that, it has good sales early on for the fact all the other MS exclusives are crap.  

It has no content to maintain long sales and its gymped economy and flat out forcing DLC will easly kill it fast, If titanfall is great all the xbone plyers will migrate to it.

Forza 5  is selling quite well, plus it is a launch game which historically assist games to have higher numbers than normal (ie Resistance). I believe that there is a reasonable chance that Forza 5 outsells GT6. GT6 is already well below the second game effect drop (in certain regions so far) while Forza seems to be doing reasonably well (in only 13 regions). I have no doubt in my mind that GT7 will reclaim the title but I believe this will be the first Forza to outsell a GT.

You actually dont know if its below or not since you havent got a clue what GT6 is selling on PSN, numbers show certain markets had potentially high 30/40 sales on PSN for GT5P if you run the numbers.  GT6 also launched during winter storms in NA and Europe, it easily could have driven people to go digital over disk.

Overall +20% GT5p sales were digital, GT6 is likely selling a hell of alot with out anyone on here knowing.

Forza will do good untill Titanfall takes over, which is 3 months away.

Wanderlei said:
Cant say I am surprised, the series has stagnated since the PS1, same terrible bumper car physics and car handling with a fresh coat of paint.

Don't forget the zombie autopilot AI.

I'll make a bet that GT6 will not sell five million in two years unless it's eventually bundled with a PS3 system.  If it is bundled before it reaches five million, I win, if it doesn't reach five million in two years, I win.   One month avatar control. 

Any takers? GT5 is sitting at 10 million and has only been out three years.

Didn't Gran Turismo 4 sell less than Gran Turismo 3?

In otherwords... wasn't this expected?

Around the Network

Seems like GT6 could not even manage to reach 50% of GT5's opening week in U.S. Starting to think some of the 3-4 mill predictions may have been not as far fetched as others were claiming

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41616/USA/
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/7678/gran-turismo-5/USA/

Kasz216 said:
Didn't Gran Turismo 4 sell less than Gran Turismo 3?

In otherwords... wasn't this expected?

It did and I'm sure to a certain extent lower sales were expected but I don't believe anyone thought that we would be seeing under 50% sales in U.S/Japan and 20% in the UK. 

Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Seems like GT6 could not even manage to reach 50% of GT5's opening week in U.S. Starting to think some of the 3-4 mill predictions may have been not as far fetched as others were claiming

Seems most dont get the concept of Online sales, something GT5 lacked.

Add the fact GT6 had half the shelf time in its first week compared to GT5

only the Uk sales are a big wtf.

BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

It had equal shelf time in Japan. N.A was a 2 day difference. As for online sales, well have to wait and see what #'s are released later in the year. It is definately wishful thinking if you beleive that they will contribute anything significant to sales like they with GT5p. It seems  the majority simply are not interested in this game this time around.

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
B

It had equal shelf time in Japan. N.A was a 2 day difference. As for online sales, well have to wait and see what #'s are released later in the year. It is definately wishful thinking if you beleive that they will contribute anything significant to sales like they with GT5p. It seems  the mjority simply are not interested in this game this time around.

Its not like anyone is using another games online sales to guesstamate anything, so why wouldnt psn sales contribute significantly if the GF fan base has already proven they will buy download only.