By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Update! GT6 Global Bombs (N.A, EU and Japan)!! 34% of GT5 Opening Week

BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
B

Seems most dont get the concept of Online sales, something GT5 lacked.

Add the fact GT6 had half the shelf time in its first week compared to GT5

only the Uk sales are a big wtf.

It had equal shelf time in Japan. N.A was a 2 day difference. As for online sales, well have to wait and see what #'s are released later in the year. It is definately wishful thinking if you beleive that they will contribute anything significant to sales like they with GT5p. It seems  the mjority simply are not interested in this game this time around.

Its not like anyone is using another games online sales to guesstamate anything, so why wouldnt psn sales contribute significantly if the GF fan base has already proven they will buy download only.  

Well, you pointed out earlier the digital sales of GT5p and were using it to justify the possibilty that GT6 might have strong digital sales. Like I stated, there was significant digital sales due to the "size" of the game. With GT6 at 15gigs along with  band with caps that have been implemented over the past few years in N.A countries (not sure of other continents) it's less likely that digital sales will contribute anything significant.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
B

It had equal shelf time in Japan. N.A was a 2 day difference. As for online sales, well have to wait and see what #'s are released later in the year. It is definately wishful thinking if you beleive that they will contribute anything significant to sales like they with GT5p. It seems  the mjority simply are not interested in this game this time around.

Its not like anyone is using another games online sales to guesstamate anything, so why wouldnt psn sales contribute significantly if the GF fan base has already proven they will buy download only.  

Well, you pointed out earlier the digital sales of GT5p and were using it to justify the possibilty that GT6 might have strong digital sales. Like I stated, there was significant digital sales due to the "size" of the game. With GT6 at 15gigs along with  band with caps that have been implemented over the past few years in N.A countries (not sure of other continents) it's less likely that digital sales will contribute anything significant.

Dont you think ur grasping at straws with that, 15 gigs really is nothing.  If it was 50 yahh that be a bit of a bitch to downlaod and store.  I got overpriced capped net but even on it 15 is not much, what type of crap net are you on.  

Given more and more people are used to owning digital then back in gt5p days and the facts it launched during winter storms id expect nothing less then greater digital sales share then GT5p. The convenience factor of not having to go out and buy it and no screwing around with disks, it plays on peoples lazyness.

You do make a interesting point though, UKs cheep internet could be a reason many they are choosing digital and would explain the large difference between GT5 and GT6 disk sales.  Japan does have best net in the world, and we all know Europe is GT land not NA.  And NA has had no advertising comapred to Gt5 which got serious airtime before dropping.  

Once PD releases their numbers it will be fun to comapre to Vg, im sure ndp numbers for dec and GT6 will be interesting also.

BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
B

Dont you think ur grasping at straws with that, 15 gigs really is nothing.  If it was 50 yahh that be a bit of a bitch to downlaod and store.  I got overpriced capped net but even on it 15 is not much, what type of crap net are you on.  

Given more and more people are used to owning digital then back in gt5p days and the facts it launched during winter storms id expect nothing less then greater digital sales share then GT5p. The convenience factor of not having to go out and buy it and no screwing around with disks, it plays on peoples lazyness.

You do make a interesting point though, UKs cheep internet could be a reason many they are choosing digital and would explain the large difference between GT5 and GT6 disk sales.  Japan does have best net in the world, and we all know Europe is GT land not NA.  And NA has had no advertising comapred to Gt5 which got serious airtime before dropping.  

Once PD releases their numbers it will be fun to comapre to Vg, im sure ndp numbers for dec and GT6 will be interesting also.

Grasping at straws!!! LMAO!! Your the one who was trying to blame winters storms for poor sales and seem to have this pipe dream that magically, digital sales are going to contribute a significant amount to a low selling game. There is absolutely no logic to it. Please advise where the figures are for Gran Turismo 5??? (full game not prologue).Had there been the signifant amount of digital sales like there was with prologue, would the data have not been released?  15 gigs is significant for most people. A lot of caps start from 50gb and go upwards of 250gb. My ISP does not cap you until you get into the higher tiered  services 50-250mb(i'm sitting at 20mb for the time being).

I'm willing to bet that when NPD numbers are released, Vg will have overtracked GT6 for N.A. I am also willing to bet that PD will not release digital sales figures for GT6 because the fact of the matter is, it's not going to contribute anything significant (Probably around 5-7%). 

Not as horrible as I was expecting. I'm more interested in how it will perform in the other European countries since most of GT5s sales came from Europe.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Grasping at straws!!! LMAO!! Your the one who was trying to blame winters storms for poor sales and seem to have this pipe dream that magically, digital sales are going to contribute a significant amount to a low selling game. There is absolutely no logic to it. Please advise where the figures are for Gran Turismo 5??? (full game not prologue).Had there been the signifant amount of digital sales like there was with prologue, would the data have not been released?  15 gigs is significant for most people. A lot of caps start from 50gb and go upwards of 250gb. My ISP does not cap you until you get into the higher tiered  services 50-250mb(i'm sitting at 20mb for the time being).

I'm willing to bet that when NPD numbers are released, Vg will have overtracked GT6 for N.A. I am also willing to bet that PD will not release digital sales figures for GT6 because the fact of the matter is, it's not going to contribute anything significant (Probably around 5-7%). 

lmao

You want logic.

GT5 no digital version, DISK ONLY.  GT6 yes available on PSN.  

Next time can you educate yourself on the matter before posting bs.  Do you comprehand the significence of it when comapring sales between GT5 and GT6? 

Any one with half a brain knows how negativly weather can affects retail, im sure some one here worked in stores and can tell you.  And i know it did going by plenty on Gtplanet changing to digital over disk due to winter storms in their area.  Surprisingly a lot of them went digital over disk from day one, or maybe not digital sales are rather good on PC.  Natural progression.

Around the Network
BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

lmao

You want logic.

Next time can you educate yourself on the matter before posting bs.  Do you comprehand the significence of it when comapring sales between GT5 and GT6? 

Any one with half a brain knows how negativly weather can affects retail, im sure some one here worked in stores and can tell you.  And i know it did going by plenty on Gtplanet changing to digital over disk due to winter storms in their area.  Surprisingly a lot of them went digital over disk from day one, or maybe not digital sales are rather good on PC.  Natural progression.

Thought GT5 was available digitally my bad.

This isn't fairy tale dream land where a game that "BOMBS" magically sells an astonishing amount of digital copies at $59.99. You clearly have no clue what you are talking about and your fanboyism is blinding you! Please for a moment, take off the rose coloured glasses. Bad weather affects reail however, I highly doubt there was this significant number of people waiting that day  going "oh no bad weather, guess i'll go download". I mean, even assuming that is completely illogical. 

Also please provide links to where exactly these winter storms were occuring during that weekend. Seems like all the other games released from what the figures show, still managed reasonable sales. 

The reason is simple. PS4. They made a HUGE mistake not making this game a PS4 launch title.

prayformojo said:
The reason is simple. PS4. They made a HUGE mistake not making this game a PS4 launch title.

Exactly! Quality could have been the same but because PS4 is the most hyped console, sales would not have been pathetic in the manner that they are. 

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

lmao

You want logic.

This isn't fairy tale dream land where a game that "BOMBS" magically sells an astonishing amount of digital copies at $59.99. You clearly have no clue what you are talking about and your fanboyism is blinding you! Please for a moment, take off the rose coloured glasses. Bad weather affects reail however, I highly doubt there was this significant number of people waiting that day  going "oh no bad weather, guess i'll go download". I mean, even assuming that is completely illogical. 

Also please provide links to where exactly these winter storms were occuring during that weekend. Seems like all the other games released from what the figures show, still managed reasonable sales. 

It must be a fairy tale to you, casue to know something bombed you first need to know its numbers.

And none here do.  Only legit numbers we know are Japan and thats disk only no digital, vg numbers are miss quite often and holidays sales make it even harder for them to guesstamate.  

Ill be some time before real ww numbers are known.  

Maybe research shit out your self, actually know wtf you are posting about.

BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
BeElite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

lmao

You want logic.

It must be a fairy tale to you, casue to know something bombed you first need to know its numbers.

And none here do.  Only legit numbers we know are Japan and thats disk only no digital, vg numbers are miss quite often and holidays sales make it even harder for them to guesstamate.  

Ill be some time before real ww numbers are known.  

Maybe research shit out your self, actually know wtf you are posting about.

We have a clear indication of the numbers. Actually if anything, VG numbers are probably a little too high for the U.S (I suspect it's lower). 

I did my research, as the previous comments indicate but it doesn't seem that you can read very clearly.Your just commenting out of pure blind fanboyism. Did you not read the countless articles of GT6 selling 1/5th of the previous game in the UK?. We'll have theglobal numbers in the next few days, which will indicate that I was right.

Please be thorough in your own research before taking out of your ass. Good day.