By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Update! GT6 Global Bombs (N.A, EU and Japan)!! 34% of GT5 Opening Week

ArmGunar said:
small44 said:
ArmGunar said:
The game won't pass 5M I said in a topic 2-3 days ago, I'm sure I'll be right unfortunately !

Lol some people said the same thing for Gran Turismo 5

That's not the same context ...

GT5 was the first GT next-gen, THE game of the PS3, he had a big hype for the 1st GT next-gen, 1000 cars, a lot a tracks, etc ...

It was a huge disappointment but it succeded to sell a lot

GT6 has no hype, because of the disappointment of GT5, the next-gen release and the franchise GT is in decline, the car simulation aren't interest less pepole.

Hope PD will wake up for GT7 but with recents talks from Yamauchi (he wants to release the next GT as fast as possible, in 2014 or early 2015), it's not enthusiastic.

PD don't know dosed between quantity and quality ...

quality!= sale it dosn't metter how Gt5 was disappointment Gt game will always sales very well ,also many game had a big hype on internet and sold poorly in Internet hype mean nothing.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

It certainly won't be a failure and will probably be quite profitable, but it will sell a lot less than all the other GT games.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
It certainly won't be a failure and will probably be quite profitable, but it will sell a lot less than all the other GT games.

yep, disk based sales will be quite lower then previous GTs.

Called it months ago. Its more like gran turismo 5.5 not 6

4 to 5 million units at the most, but I actually doubt it can go higher than 3.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Saw this coming.

GT5 did damage to the GT brand especially amongst the casual audience. GT6 is simply way to similar.

I hope this pushes Kaz into making some bigger changes in GT7..In fact they should drop the number and just make it Gran Turismo.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

I guess every Halo after Halo 3 was a bomb then?

NobleTeam360 said:
I guess every Halo after Halo 3 was a bomb then?

Actually, going by VGC numbers, Halo 4 seems to be outpacing  Halo 3's 1st year numbers.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/51758/halo-4/Global/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/6964/halo-3/Global/

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

The only way to save GT6 is they port it to the PS4 and add "Epilogue" to its name. It was not a sound move to release the game on your previous console, right after the launch of your next-gen console. It makes no sense, especially for a big franchise.

Still will end up selling over 6 million copies eventually most people will pick it up once it gets a price drop.