By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Sells Only Over 48k IN Japan!? Dooomed :-)

DanneSandin said:
ktay95 said:
DanneSandin said:
Blood_Tears said:
I never thought there would be such a fuss over selling 48k in a single region. Doesn't PS3/360 do this every week of the year?

It was a pretty big fuss around these parts when Vita got a price cut in Japan last year and it got a bumped, so yeah, that's actually the trend.

I even think the Vita bump last year caused an even bigger fuss.

yes but Wii U bump

Vs Vita bump

Yes, that's because Wii U has gradually increased in sales, while Vita got a 2 week bump before going down again.

im really just quoting so the pics show up again.

yeah I know, I just feel like posting random crap tonight

Around the Network

Everybody jumps the gun here. Yes its DQX effect, but it shows that the U has some niche appeal in Japan. I could see it doing above GC numbers in Japan, and it will be enough for it to get some fairly good software support

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

areason said:
Japan won't save the wii-u....

Your right, thats nintendo's job

007BondAgent said:
It's the christmas holidays, and it's only one week, it's still doomed until it can prove otherwise

christmas is not a federal recognized holiday in japan. its more like valentines day. google it if your parents let you. the more you know....G.I Joe.

Blood_Tears said:
I never thought there would be such a fuss over selling 48k in a single region. Doesn't PS3/360 do this every week of the year?

Context.  It'a all about the context.

The region is Japan where home consoles do not sell 50k every week.  Not even the Wii did that very often.

The 48k is significant because just 5 weeks ago the Wii U was selling 3k per week.

Context.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Goremichel said:
les_nintendez said:

Still this shit? You really hate the concole, don't you? If it's selling 3000 it's bad, ok, if it's selling 20000, yea, ok, it's bad, if it's selling 50000, is it bad? It must sell 1000000 a week for you to shut up? Go write about anything else and don't bother us here. Play your pshit or assbox zero.

I give you my whole respect! I am with your oppinion mate :)

lmao, do you not realize sarcasm when it shows itself? Ask anybody here, im a 110% nintendo fanboy lol

shut up, we all know you secretly have a hard on for Sony =P your using a facade to infiltrate the Nintendo forces

Blood_Tears said:

What? Did you not look at the sales he posted? They're not doing it this week of this year in that region.

christmas+mario+dragon quest=>50k=not really impressive.

well those are pretty Doo0m3DS numbers!!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

ArtofAngels said:
Blood_Tears said:

What? Did you not look at the sales he posted? They're not doing it this week of this year in that region.

360?? is that its weekly sales =D

oh it actually is =(