By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Sells Only Over 48k IN Japan!? Dooomed :-)

Seeing as we are willing to condemn nearly every single Wii U game as a failure and further evidence of doom based on 1-2 day's sales, usually in a single region, I deem this to be a very worthy thread.

Around the Network

I think we should start with something new: VitaTV is dooomed CONFIRMED....

When you think my english is bad...sorry for my bad english,    i'm from Germany. And yeees, sorry, that we've almost destroyed the whole world, blahblahblah

almost 50.000 unites are good. are you crazy to say its not good? There were time which are only 5000 unites. WTH o.O

Zelda - Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch.... Incredable!!!

Viper1 said:
From several weeks of 3k to this and all we get are doomsayers still?

When Vita turned itself around in Japan that first week, wasn't it heralded as a success? Weren't naysayers quickly berated?

Doom is hitting 3k and staying at 3k or going lower. Doom is not hitting 3k and then steadily climbing to the best selling home console slot for the past several weeks to the point it's only surpassed by the 3DS itself. Does it need to maintain that level to become a success? Yes. Does it need to maintain that level to no longer be doomed? No.

No one is claiming it to be a massive success just because of this but it has shown signs of no longer being doomed. And there is a massive gulf of a difference between massive success and doomed. A console can actually live in between those 2 dichotomous points.

it's behind ps3, and vita YTD in japan, in the UK it's dead, in north america we will know tommorow if it has life.

kowenicki said:
Viper1 said:

When Vita turned itself around in Japan that first week, wasn't it heralded as a success? Weren't naysayers quickly berated?

Doom is hitting 3k and staying at 3k or going lower. Doom is not hitting 3k and then steadily climbing to the best selling home console slot for the past several weeks to the point it's only surpassed by the 3DS itself. Does it need to maintain that level to become a success? Yes. Does it need to maintain that level to no longer be doomed? No.

No one is claiming it to be a massive success just because of this but it has shown signs of no longer being doomed. And there is a massive gulf of a difference between massive success and doomed. A console can actually live in between those 2 dichotomous points.

Allow me to be neutral.  Both Vita and WiiU are still performing mediocre at best. 

But I agree, neither is doomed...... in Japan

Exactly. You should also add "In Japan..... for now". Vita should've been doomed but it's getting saved by a surprising decent third party support. Wii U won't have that luxury, I doubt it.  Best selling home console is nothing to tout about when it's the only next gen console available there.

Around the Network
Simulacrum said:

WTF?? yeah think imma avoid you from now on =P

LurkerJ said:
kowenicki said:
Viper1 said:

Allow me to be neutral.  Both Vita and WiiU are still performing mediocre at best. 

Exactly. You should also add "In Japan..... for now". Vita should've been doomed but it's getting saved by a surprising decent third party support. Wii U won't have that luxury, I doubt it.  Best selling home console is nothing to tout about when it's the only next gen console available there.

the funniest part is vita still outsold the wiiu by 300k in japan this year.

I never thought there would be such a fuss over selling 48k in a single region. Doesn't PS3/360 do this every week of the year?

Wii U sells better and better

Zelda - Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch.... Incredable!!!

drake4 said:
LurkerJ said:
kowenicki said:
Viper1 said:

the funniest part is vita still outsold the wiiu by 300k in japan this year.