By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Sells Only Over 48k IN Japan!? Dooomed :-)

ktay95 has produced an acceptable amount of doom.

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
I never thought there would be such a fuss over selling 48k in a single region. Doesn't PS3/360 do this every week of the year?

It was a pretty big fuss around these parts when Vita got a price cut in Japan last year and it got a bumped, so yeah, that's actually the trend.

I even think the Vita bump last year caused an even bigger fuss.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

les_nintendez said:

Still this shit? You really hate the concole, don't you? If it's selling 3000 it's bad, ok, if it's selling 20000, yea, ok, it's bad, if it's selling 50000, is it bad? It must sell 1000000 a week for you to shut up? Go write about anything else and don't bother us here. Play your pshit or assbox zero.

I give you my whole respect! I am with your oppinion mate :)

Zelda - Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch.... Incredable!!!

softcoregamer82 said:
kowenicki said:

Allow me to be neutral.  Both Vita and WiiU are still performing mediocre at best. 

But I agree, neither is doomed...... in Japan

I also think the Wii U is not doomed in North America.  Now Europe, especially the UK...That's a different story.

Agreed.  It's been doing OK (not doom, not major success) in the North American market.   Europe has been decidely in the doom category all along.

drake4 said:

it's behind ps3, and vita YTD in japan, in the UK it's dead, in north america we will know tommorow if it has life.

1. Yes, it's behind them YTD but that's precisely what we're talking about.  Going from 3k per week to a steady increase of more and more every week to now nearly 50k.  None of us are saying it's sudenly going to outsell them both for the year but rather it has done a fantastic job of turning around the poor sales that led to it being behind PS3/Vita YTD.

2. We are talking Japan here.  It's even in the thread title.  And we've all agreed it's long been doomed in the UK.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

DanneSandin said:
Blood_Tears said:
I never thought there would be such a fuss over selling 48k in a single region. Doesn't PS3/360 do this every week of the year?

It was a pretty big fuss around these parts when Vita got a price cut in Japan last year and it got a bumped, so yeah, that's actually the trend.

yes but Wii U bump

Vs Vita bump

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
ps3-sales! said:
DerNebel said:
It's one week, it's doesn't mean anything in the long run, it's not worth a thread.

this

Tbone, just admit you have an addiction. It's easier if you just let us help you ;)

lol, im just doing this thread to neutralize the doomed ones, i aint mad lol. Its worth the make cuz i kno this is a silly thread and so are the others. "3D World a Commercial Failure" for EX

Plus this a sales tracking webiste and you provided sales I had not seen yet. So thank you for this thread.

Japan won't save the wii-u....

Blood_Tears said:

Not in japan, and considering Its WiiU the dead console. Also factor in Vita had probably only 3, maybe 4 times these sales (48k+) and vita is the second highest selling platform in japan this year

ktay95 said:
DanneSandin said:
Blood_Tears said:

yes but Wii U bump

Vs Vita bump

Yes, that's because Wii U has gradually increased in sales, while Vita got a 2 week bump before going down again.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Goremichel said:
les_nintendez said:

Still this shit? You really hate the concole, don't you? If it's selling 3000 it's bad, ok, if it's selling 20000, yea, ok, it's bad, if it's selling 50000, is it bad? It must sell 1000000 a week for you to shut up? Go write about anything else and don't bother us here. Play your pshit or assbox zero.

I give you my whole respect! I am with your oppinion mate :)

lmao, do you not realize sarcasm when it shows itself? Ask anybody here, im a 110% nintendo fanboy lol