By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Sells Only Over 48k IN Japan!? Dooomed :-)

DakonBlackblade said:
I read the thread title and went, wow WiiU got a nice sales bump what happened, and them I realised it was a1 year old thread lol.

Just over 2 months old actually so it's more relevant then most would think. It shows the bump for Wii U this past holiday was just that. A holiday bump with no consistent base line increase as the trends of the last 5 weeks show it heading back to the 3-5k figures prior to the last holiday..

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:

Japan Wii U Sales going forward

Jan 12th – 14,211
Jan 19th –11,307
Jan 26 -  9,039
Feb 1st -  8,445
Feb 8th – 7,807

Seems pretty consistent to me.

Since you don't know how to read. Once again...

Lol, you do realize sales in EVERYTHING in the world are better in the bottom half of the year? That's true for most countries in the world. 

Music sales, movie ticket sales, DVD sales, etc. The list goes on. That's just not even linked holidays or religion. It's just a thing that happens. You can't even use that defense that it's a "holiday boost" in all consoles when November is Thanksgiving/Black Friday in the US and no where else. That boost would never relay to Japan. Sales are just generally better in the bottom half of the year.

Oh and ever heard of a January/February slump? It happens to literally everything, lol. Have a nice day, troll.

Moderated - Kresnik.

Kazus said:
Blood_Tears said:

Jan 12th – 14,211
Jan 19th –11,307
Jan 26 -  9,039
Feb 1st -  8,445
Feb 8th – 7,807

Lol, you do realize sales in EVERYTHING in the world are better in the bottom half of the year? That's true for most countries in the world. 

Music sales, movie ticket sales, DVD sales, etc. The list goes on. That's just not even linked holidays or religion. It's just a thing that happens. You can't even use that defense that it's a "holiday boost" in all consoles when November is Thanksgiving/Black Friday in the US and no where else. That boost would never relay to Japan. Sales are just generally better in the bottom half of the year.

Oh and ever heard of a January/February slump? It happens to literally everything, lol. Have a nice day, troll.

Is that you tbone? We know that sales increase in the second half of the year, but that has nothing to do with the point he's making. Compare january to january and december to december.

I hate when old threads redo surface. I really thought WiiU sold 48k this week with DKC.. Turned out it only missed it by 40k..

SnowPrince said:
I hate when old threads redo surface. I really thought WiiU sold 48k this week with DKC.. Turned out it only missed it by 40k..

Haha, DK couldnt even sell 48k in software.

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
SnowPrince said:

Haha, DK couldnt even sell 48k in software.

Lord!! That must sting :O 

well with the trend the wiiu was having it would have sold ~7k this week ...
but this week it sold ~8,8k because of dkc ... so dkc is a system seller ? /Kappa

Somebody should dig up a thread about "doomed sony only 90 k this week" form back 2007 or so.
Users would go bananas to see ps4 at 100 k "only" and predict instant doom.

bubblegamer said:
Kazus said:
Blood_Tears said:

Jan 12th – 14,211
Jan 19th –11,307
Jan 26 -  9,039
Feb 1st -  8,445
Feb 8th – 7,807

Is that you tbone? We know that sales increase in the second half of the year, but that has nothing to do with the point he's making. Compare january to january and december to december.

But he addressed a completely different point than what I was making. I wasn't saying "end all to be all" Wii U is doing amazing. I was saying Wii U is consistent at that period of time, October to early/mid December. So to bump the thread and make the point that I was predicting Wii U to do amazing January and February is just reaching for a insult towards me and people who like Nintendo.

It's unncessary and stupid to bump and old posts and shove current facts that no one was talking about at the point the post was made. No matter what was going on then or now, he's trying way too hard to troll and give people a cheap laugh at the expense of making me look like a fool when I wasn't wrong about what I said for that period of time.

Solid bump. I'm sad I missed the Japanese holiday conversation. I've never seen someone argue something so wrong so hard.

Edit: In case you're still around, this is a large reason Nintendo consoles and family friendly software sells well.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.