By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Sells Only Over 48k IN Japan!? Dooomed :-)

Fusioncode said:
tbone51 said:
Fusioncode said:
Viper1 said:
Fusioncode said:

I didn't say it was wrong. I just said it was too early to celebrate, I didn't throw a party when the Vita jumped to 80k for one week. 

Perhaps you didn't.  But did you inform everyone in all those Vita threads that others made that they shouldn't be making such threads as you are in this one for Wii U?

I don't know, maybe? That was like 4 months ago. I can't remember. 

bro that was like 3 weeks ago!

What really? I have a very short memory. And Vita dropped like a rock. 

Vita TV debuted and had 42k with vita at 45k(ge2 week). It dropped hard though :0

Around the Network

Wii U with another respectable sales boost this week. As for the 'holiday boost', only Wii U and 3DS are showing sizable increases in sales so far.

Nintendo has definitely done well with turning around the Wii U in Japan.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
Wii U with another respectable sales boost this week. As for the 'holiday boost', only Wii U and 3DS are showing sizable increases in sales so far.

And that's all that needs to be said about Wii U currently. I don't understand why is there 17 pages of mess and spinning. 

The Wii U is doing A LOT better than it was before and if it stabilizes at this area of sales, it's definitely back in the picture as a contender this gen. 

That's all there is to it.

Nintendomination

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Kazus said:
Viper1 said:

And that's all that needs to be said about Wii U currently. I don't understand why is there 17 pages of mess and spinning. 

The Wii U is doing A LOT better than it was before and if it stabilizes at this area of sales, it's definitely back in the picture as a contender this gen. 

It's the holiday season, everything is doing better than before. Have you ever heard about a console that didn't sell more during the holidays?

"and if it stabilizes at this area of sales" You think it will keep on selling holiday numbers after new year's? Holidays are massive, often bigger than the 10 months leading up to it, and as far as holiday sales go; this is an extremely long shot from impressive and certainly not a sign of a great 2014.

Everyone is going on about how launch hype doesn't mean anything (which is 100% true) but then go about claiming that a (weak) holiday boost ensures a bright future, it's perplexing.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Kazus said:

It's the holiday season, everything is doing better than before. Have you ever heard about a console that didn't sell more during the holidays?

"and if it stabilizes at this area of sales" You think it will keep on selling holiday numbers after new year's? Holidays are massive, often bigger than the 10 months leading up to it, and as far as holiday sales go; this is an extremely long shot from impressive and certainly not a sign of a great 2014.

Everyone is going on about how launch hype doesn't mean anything (which is 100% true) but then go about claiming that a (weak) holiday boost ensures a bright future, it's perplexing.

You do realize these are Japanese sales right? LOL. 

Japan doesn't have Christmas/Holiday Season in the sense like the West since their country's main religious belief isn't Christianity. 

Meaning, there's no such thing as a "holiday boost" for a country that doesn't even acknowledge the holiday. Christmas is on the same level as Valentines Day in the US. Some people celebrate and some don't It's not federal so no one is off from work nor are there in store sales in most stores for Christmas.

Thank you for TRYING to be correct but you're not. Nintendo is doing fine in Japan and you just have to deal with that. 

Kazus said:
Mummelmann said:
Kazus said:

You do realize these are Japanese sales right? LOL. 

Japan doesn't have Christmas/Holiday Season in the sense like the West since their country's main religious belief isn't Christianity. 

Meaning, there's no such thing as a "holiday boost" for a country that doesn't even acknowledge the holiday. Christmas is on the same level as Valentines Day in the US. Some people celebrate and some don't It's not federal so no one is off from work nor are there in store sales in most stores for Christmas.

Thank you for TRYING to be correct but you're not. Nintendo is doing fine in Japan and you just have to deal with that. 

Yeah, I guess that's why home consoles often are up 200-400% in weekly sales in mid December compared to early October in Japan? The charts are open to everyone and easy to read.

Consoles get a holiday boost in Japan. They don't have to be a christian nation to get that boost, and like I said; it's right there in the charts every year.

Oh, and you're welcome!

EricFabian said:

Wii U has more 1st party titles (etc... the same of your post). Vita has... none.

Not a single 1st party Vita game? Freedom Wars says you're wrong :p

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Mummelmann said:
Kazus said:
Viper1 said:

Going from barely touching 10k a week all year, roughly 3k a week in October to 70k+ in december is a little more than a (weak) holiday boost imo. While the Wii U is far from saved there's no reason to run to the other side of the argument without stopping in the middle.

anonymunchy said:
Mummelmann said:
Kazus said:
Viper1 said:

Going from barely touching 10k a week all year, roughly 3k a week in October to 70k+ in december is a little more than a (weak) holiday boost imo. While the Wii U is far from saved there's no reason to run to the other side of the argument without stopping in the middle.

Agreed. But I don't feel that it warrants the belief that it has turned around in Japan either, it still has no 8th gen competition and a sudden and large rise is often followed by a similar decline. I'll be surprised if it can sustain numbers over 20k for long past new year's.

Yeah, it's a big boost for sure, I'm gonna admit that, but one still has to wonder how a brand new console with no contemporary competitors can manage a baseline all the way down to 2.800 units in a week in the first place.