By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are some Sony fans so opposed to 3DS development?

the_dengle said:
F0X said:

I'm not convinced that MS will keep up the momentum, because the competition is tougher this time around.

Fair enough. We'll see how that goes. I just don't think they have much to gain from going third-party... not like they have a lot of huge franchises. Halo and Forza are big, Kinect is tied to their hardware by necessity... that's about it, right?

Don't forget about PC. There's also Age of Empires and Fable, if you need examples of some big franchises that would perform well on PC.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

Think of it: how much could Little big Planet sell on a console with the proper audience for these kind of games. Or Gravity Rush, Patapon, Parappa and Locoroco. Sony would make a lot of money. Good idea!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

how does that make any sense? Nintendo's weakness is making the hardware for the handheld. the was 3D is a complete waste (plus the 2ds is just plain ugly) and the online infrastructure is near stone age levels. Sony's weakness is the fact that they just cant get their 1st party studios to develop enough solid handheld driven games to hit the vita. The best outcome for the industry would actually be nintendo making games for the vita because the best thing about the vita is the hardware.

PlayMatt said:

since when cheap = crap?

What I mean is that they would maximise profit and make less investments since they already got 100% of the marketshare

With the competition Sony VS Nintendo, Nintendo would make everything they can to make their product more appealing, like paying for exclusivity with Capcom's Monster Hunter and investing their money on making new games

So you think cheeply made things aren't crap? Odd, but okay.

They (Nintendo in this case) would still want to invest and the sort considering they still need to appeal to the market. If the market doesn't get what it wants, which is quality and quantity, then the market stops buying. This competition argument is practically a dead end.

No PSN functionality. No crossplay. No cross buy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
radiantshadow92 said:
how does that make any sense? Nintendo's weakness is making the hardware for the handheld. the was 3D is a complete waste (plus the 2ds is just plain ugly) and the online infrastructure is near stone age levels. Sony's weakness is the fact that they just cant get their 1st party studios to develop enough solid handheld driven games to hit the vita. The best outcome for the industry would actually be nintendo making games for the vita because the best thing about the vita is the hardware.

Man, the misinformation and hyperbole about Nintendo's online services needs to stop. They have a fully functioning network. You can download full retail games the day of release directly from the eShop. Their home console is compatible with HDDs up to 2 TB in size, and the 3DS officially supports SD cards up to 32 MB (unofficially, it's been reported that some 64 MB cards work as well), which is more than enough. Not all of Nintendo's first-party titles support online play, but that has nothing to do with the capabilities of their network. Luigi's Mansion 2, Pokemon X/Y, Monster Hunter 4, Mario Kart 7, etc all work perfectly fine online.

Vita is death, so probably they (sony) could do better on 3ds...

34 years playing games.

the_dengle said:
radiantshadow92 said:

Man, the misinformation and hyperbole about Nintendo's online services needs to stop. They have a fully functioning network. You can download full retail games the day of release directly from the eShop. Their home console is compatible with HDDs up to 2 TB in size, and the 3DS officially supports SD cards up to 32 MB (unofficially, it's been reported that some 64 MB cards work as well), which is more than enough. Not all of Nintendo's first-party titles support online play, but that has nothing to do with the capabilities of their network. Luigi's Mansion 2, Pokemon X/Y, Monster Hunter 4, Mario Kart 7, etc all work perfectly fine online.

ok. what happens when your system breaks or you want to sell it. There is no misinformation the infrastructure they set up is flawed compared to xbox live and psn accounts. 

radiantshadow92 said:

ok. what happens when your system breaks or you want to sell it. There is no misinformation the infrastructure they set up is flawed compared to xbox live and psn accounts. 

It breaks: you contact Nintendo. I'll wager what they lack in account infrastructure, they make up for with customer service.

You want to sell it? Transfer your data to another console first. It's easy.

You'll have to pardon my lack of experience in this area, I've never felt compelled to sell any of my Nintendo consoles before, nor even wondered absentmindedly about what I would do if such a thought were to cross my mind. I've also never managed to "break" a Nintendo console before, despite the best efforts of myself or of others in my vicinity. I suspect that such a feat is beyond the physical limitations of us mere mortals.

RolStoppable said:

Absolutely amazing. This kid gets it.

Thanks.

I just don't see how people can't get this? It's quite simple.