By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bravely Default - Neverending grinding, plus general discussion

RolStoppable said:
ArtofAngels said:

Your original post isn't very clear, as there is a list of codes that aren't updated with thread newcomers. Which kind of makes this thread confusing.

The list will be updated, although I indeed forgot to do it yesterday. Likewise the original post will get a major overhaul. Not only will there be accurate descriptions of the online functions eventually, but also things like the most useful skills any job comes with. I have just been too busy playing the game myself (which I of course have to, if I want to learn more about the game).

I'll work on the OP during today's NFL games, plenty of time during the commercial breaks.

EDIT: Oh, I see. You deleted your friend code from this thread. Now there's no way for me to add it to the OP, unless you post it again.

Here ya go (excuse my impatience): 5300-8531-5499

I won't have the game until Thursday but I'll try getting to adding everyone's friend codes (in your original post) before then.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
I wish this game gave us 100 slots for support skills over time. The maximum is supposed to be 5 and you can do barely anything with that.

Also, I would have prefered it, if the bonus for winning in one turn would go to JP instead of EXP. It feels like it takes forever to max out jobs

I'm actually glad it's limited to 5. There's so many game-breaking support abilities, it would have made the game too easy if we had too many slots.

And I agree with you regarding JP for one turn wins. The biggest JP per fight I can get is with the 4x Alraune fights and still it's only 28 (+5 if we get to Unscathed Hero, but it's almost impossible to get there on Hard, as there's a large probability of getting First Striked by enemies).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:

That second paper points out to the entrance guarded by a soldier near the magic shop. It'll open up once you restore the Wind Crystal and only at night. Beware, the boss fight in that place (Time Mage and Sword Fencer) is easily the toughest in all chapter 1, so be prepared.

I love the Merchant class myself, using it for Agnes at the moment (until she hits lvl. 9, then i'm switching her to Summoner), it really opens a heap more strategies, especially once you unlock BP drink. Got to see if More Money stacks with more characters using the Job/Support ability, found a good place to farm PG on the second chapter (Gardens west of Florem, you'll find a lot of 4x Alraune fights, with a Merchant and a Sweeper bonus, you'll get 700 pg per fight).

Thanks, so I have first to go to get that dress. That wasn't so clear. I already assumed it, must be the place the soldier watches over, but I thought I didn't hit exactly midnight.

Wow at the level Rol and lestat already reached. I will use your sended attacks in the next tough bossfight, probably that kills the enemy in one turn.

I'm nearing completion upon rebuilding Norende. All shops at least at level 8, one shop is maxed out, strangely at level 11. I can do one level for all shops in around 10 hours. So I think I will be ready in two days. If I get a lot of Streetpass-tags for Bravely Default today, it can already be tomorrow.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
lestatdark said:

That second paper points out to the entrance guarded by a soldier near the magic shop. It'll open up once you restore the Wind Crystal and only at night. Beware, the boss fight in that place (Time Mage and Sword Fencer) is easily the toughest in all chapter 1, so be prepared.

I love the Merchant class myself, using it for Agnes at the moment (until she hits lvl. 9, then i'm switching her to Summoner), it really opens a heap more strategies, especially once you unlock BP drink. Got to see if More Money stacks with more characters using the Job/Support ability, found a good place to farm PG on the second chapter (Gardens west of Florem, you'll find a lot of 4x Alraune fights, with a Merchant and a Sweeper bonus, you'll get 700 pg per fight).

Thanks, so I have first to go to get that dress. That wasn't so clear. I already assumed it, must be the place the soldier watches over, but I thought I didn't hit exactly midnight.

Wow at the level Rol and lestat already reached. I will use your sended attacks in the next tough bossfight, probably that kills the enemy in one turn.

I'm nearing completion upon rebuilding Norende. All shops at least at level 8, one shop is maxed out, strangely at level 11. I can do one level for all shops in around 10 hours. So I think I will be ready in two days. If I get a lot of Streetpass-tags for Bravely Default today, it can already be tomorrow.

If you use up my attack give me a word, I can send a new one that's much more damaging (hit the Ranger Boss for 6500). It's really good thatyou can customize the Special attacks as you see fit.

My Norende is a bit far from being maxed out. I only get about 3 hits/day using Update Data and have had exactly 0 Streetpass hits, so I only got 18 workers in my town. Most of my shops are level 5 (been levelling them up evenly).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Added the new entries in the OP.
@Rol: While it seems like a good idea to sort people alphabetically, it makes it hard to add the new friendcodes, as I don't know who I already added. Would be easier if you add new FCs at the end.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Mnementh said:

If you use up my attack give me a word, I can send a new one that's much more damaging (hit the Ranger Boss for 6500). It's really good thatyou can customize the Special attacks as you see fit.

My Norende is a bit far from being maxed out. I only get about 3 hits/day using Update Data and have had exactly 0 Streetpass hits, so I only got 18 workers in my town. Most of my shops are level 5 (been levelling them up evenly).

I don't think it works so easy that you send a new attack and I can use it instantly. I got an update on your attack, as I connected after midnight, so I think the attack will only be got at this way. Also you can use the attack of one contact seemingly only once until the next contact (streetpass or connect through the adventurer). So if you send something I can probably use it only the next day. Anyways, your attack is so crazy strong, it will probably get my bosses in one turn anyway.

My Norende has currently 45 villagers and I hope to get at least 60 by the end of the day. You should look for a Nintendo-zone in your area. On the Nintendo-site is a map. Nintendo-zones relay streetpass. As I get there not only hits from germany, but also from the UK, France or Spain, I think in these countries are also some Nintendo-zones. You get 6 hits at once, but I usually get more if I stay there some time. As a supermarket is there, I stay there a bit longer, to fill my refrigerator. Not everyone streetpasses Bravely Default though, but as the Demo Streetpasses with the full game, it isn't that bad.

Mnementh said:
lestatdark said:
Mnementh said:

I don't think it works so easy that you send a new attack and I can use it instantly. I got an update on your attack, as I connected after midnight, so I think the attack will only be got at this way. Also you can use the attack of one contact seemingly only once until the next contact (streetpass or connect through the adventurer). So if you send something I can probably use it only the next day. Anyways, your attack is so crazy strong, it will probably get my bosses in one turn anyway.

My Norende has currently 45 villagers and I hope to get at least 60 by the end of the day. You should look for a Nintendo-zone in your area. On the Nintendo-site is a map. Nintendo-zones relay streetpass. As I get there not only hits from germany, but also from the UK, France or Spain, I think in these countries are also some Nintendo-zones. You get 6 hits at once, but I usually get more if I stay there some time. As a supermarket is there, I stay there a bit longer, to fill my refrigerator. Not everyone streetpasses Bravely Default though, but as the Demo Streetpasses with the full game, it isn't that bad.

I see, I thought you could get the new attacks once you and I updated the data after using the Send option. My attack also has a Silence effect, so it's good for the Summoner boss, once you get to her (she's crazy hard, especially if you let her summon soldiers to her side, the only boss that wiped my party so far).

Damn, 45 Villagers? I wished I had half of those . Sadly, here in Portugal there's hardly anyone with the game. I've been to two of the busiest GAME and FNAC shops in the country and no one was playing Bravely Default (at least this weekend), so even if I used the Nintendo Zone, I doubt I'd  get a lot of hits, if any. Got a lot of Shadow Links though, so there's still that.

Current PC Build

Hello,

I just bought a 3DS XL especially because of the game Bravely Default and I'm now searching for friends!

I would appreciate It If you could add me and send me a PM so I can add you too.

My FC: 4124 - 6298 - 3266.

Sincerity

RolStoppable said:
lestatdark said:

I'm actually glad it's limited to 5. There's so many game-breaking support abilities, it would have made the game too easy if we had too many slots.

And I agree with you regarding JP for one turn wins. The biggest JP per fight I can get is with the 4x Alraune fights and still it's only 28 (+5 if we get to Unscathed Hero, but it's almost impossible to get there on Hard, as there's a large probability of getting First Striked by enemies).

What are some of those game-breaking support abilities? I could use some overpoweredness, because I've stuck with the same jobs for too long.

I still would like to have more slots than 5 though. Would be cool to feed all the stuff from different jobs into the character. It would also be great if there was some island or something where it's easy to farm JP.

Mount Fragmentarium's 4x Chomper fights give a healthy number of JP points. If you use JP Up from Freelancer (1,2x JP per fight) and get the Unscathed Hero bonus, you can get up to 90 JP per fight.

Some of the OP abilities, to me are: Hold Out (Bravely Default's Focus Sash/Second Wind), Unchanged for All (Magic targets all enemies for the same damage as single target), Angelic Ward, Time Slip (Free Re-do Battle), Red Mage's 3 Slots abilities could literally make your character godlike, with how ridiculously fast you could recover BP, Precision (This also buffs normal attacks boosted with Sword Magic). T

hese are all from the classes I've got, not even counting those I've still to win. There's also the ever OP Buff Up in the Performer's class too.

Current PC Build

RolStoppable said:
lestatdark said:

Mount Fragmentarium's 4x Chomper fights give a healthy number of JP points. If you use JP Up from Freelancer (1,2x JP per fight) and get the Unscathed Hero bonus, you can get up to 90 JP per fight.

Some of the OP abilities, to me are: Hold Out (Bravely Default's Focus Sash/Second Wind), Unchanged for All (Magic targets all enemies for the same damage as single target), Angelic Ward, Time Slip (Free Re-do Battle), Red Mage's 3 Slots abilities could literally make your character godlike, with how ridiculously fast you could recover BP, Precision (This also buffs normal attacks boosted with Sword Magic). These are all from the classes I've got, not even counting those I've still to win. There's also the ever OP Buff Up in the Performer's class too.

So there is a JP+ skill after all. I didn't bother long with Freelancer, only up to level 4 and even then only to complete the tutorial quest; otherwise I would have moved on earlier, because I already had four non-Freelancer jobs at that point. But that means I could have had 20% extra JP all this time.

Me neither, but once I get to levelling up my jobs properly, i'm gonna go for it first. I'm usually switching out jobs when I earn new ones after the previous ones are level 7/8 (or when they learn X magic Lvl. 3/4). My current party is Summoner Agnes, Hunter Tiz (best class so far), Sword Fencer Edea and Black Mage Ringabel. Gonna switch Edea to Valkyrie when SF hits 9 and Ringabel to Red Mage once B.Mage hits 9.

Current PC Build