By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bravely Default - Neverending grinding, plus general discussion

orniletter said:
Frequency said:
Sucks that i already played the jp version to death :/

You will get to play Bravely Second in 2014 though.

Meanwhile, we will have to pray to the eternal soul of Hiroshi Yamauchi to get Nintendo to bring it over here .

The European LE is redicolously big btw.

NO REGRETS !!!

I guess wether or not they'll bring it here depends on how Bravely Default performs. So we're all doing our part. ^^

Nintendo Network ID: domflo

Add me if you like!

Ask me about 3DS Friend Code if interested. All other things are in the profile!

Around the Network

Found it! My friend code is 4339-2890-8211.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Finally found how to update your own profile card in game (the one that shows on the friend menu). You need to send a move via Summon Friend inside a battle for it to update.

Lv. 5 Knight Edea Lv. 16 with custom Fire 20% Power Moonshadow at 967 Power. Pretty nice for early game .

Edit - Merchant class is boss. The ability to buy a healing item in-battle is one of the most helpful things I've seen.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

RolStoppable said:
outlawauron said:

Don't you have an American 3DS? So no game yet.

ArtofAngels said:

Also, you might want to add something in your top comment that indicates that users must contact people added so they know to input your code, because there's no way I'm adding all of them unless I know they have intention to add mine in return. (As it's a tedious process)

I expect people who regularly post in this thread to add other people once they do show up. If you want to make sure that other people add you, just contact them yourself.

I know, but I also just want to type it out somewhere since I didn't have pen/paper to write it down.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

RolStoppable said:
outlawauron said:

Don't you have an American 3DS? So no game yet.

ArtofAngels said:

Also, you might want to add something in your top comment that indicates that users must contact people added so they know to input your code, because there's no way I'm adding all of them unless I know they have intention to add mine in return. (As it's a tedious process)

I expect people who regularly post in this thread to add other people once they do show up. If you want to make sure that other people add you, just contact them yourself.

Your original post isn't very clear, as there is a list of codes that aren't updated with thread newcomers. Which kind of makes this thread confusing.

Around the Network

So, how are you guys advancing ?

I pretty surprised about the difficulty, it isn´t super tough or in SMT terretory, but the game doesn´t outright surrender to you.

I love it btw. , rebulding Norende is super addicting.

I´m still not very far in though, I just got Ringabel and am on my way to Edea/ the fire wizard.

Feels good to play a RPG in German again (just more convenient).

orniletter said:

So, how are you guys advancing ?

I pretty surprised about the difficulty, it isn´t super tough or in SMT terretory, but the game doesn´t outright surrender to you.

I love it btw. , rebulding Norende is super addicting.

I´m still not very far in though, I just got Ringabel and am on my way to Edea/ the fire wizard.

Feels good to play a RPG in German again (just more convenient).

My copy is still waiting for me in store =(  been to busy to pick it up

The difficulty jump from chapter 1 to chapter 2 is insane on hard. A group of 3 Poison moths getting first strike over your party is an instant wipeout, even with best gear possible and my party at lvl 22.

By the wat, updated my profile with a Hack and Slash of 4400 power, if anyone needs a quick help in any boss. (The move came from fighting the Dragon boss). It also has a Sleep effect.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Back from the weekend at my parents without internet. I have made a lot of progress for rebuilding the Norende village though, as I got some villagers already in the demo per StreetPass, that were taken over to the full game.

The white mage was a problem, but I got her with going full into Brave AND fully using the Bravely Second. Brave, Default, Bravely Second and the Specialties are all pretty cool RPG-mechanics, this game is really a great old-school RPG. Thanks a lot Square. I'm even more happy I bought the ridicously big Special edition, hopefully SE gets the message we want more of such games.

In the story I'm through with the main stuff in the second city and now are send to a wood somewhere else. So probably not far, from the artbook I get the feeling the game has five or six main places, and I'm only at the second. I love the merchant-class though (do make this side-quest!) it's pretty different from usual fantasy-RPG-classes, but it also powerful enough to make sense.

A question though: There was another paper that points me to another place. But I wasn't able to find it. Is this in the city? How can I get there?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:

Back from the weekend at my parents without internet. I have made a lot of progress for rebuilding the Norende village though, as I got some villagers already in the demo per StreetPass, that were taken over to the full game.

The white mage was a problem, but I got her with going full into Brave AND fully using the Bravely Second. Brave, Default, Bravely Second and the Specialties are all pretty cool RPG-mechanics, this game is really a great old-school RPG. Thanks a lot Square. I'm even more happy I bought the ridicously big Special edition, hopefully SE gets the message we want more of such games.

In the story I'm through with the main stuff in the second city and now are send to a wood somewhere else. So probably not far, from the artbook I get the feeling the game has five or six main places, and I'm only at the second. I love the merchant-class though (do make this side-quest!) it's pretty different from usual fantasy-RPG-classes, but it also powerful enough to make sense.

A question though: There was another paper that points me to another place. But I wasn't able to find it. Is this in the city? How can I get there?

That second paper points out to the entrance guarded by a soldier near the magic shop. It'll open up once you restore the Wind Crystal and only at night. Beware, the boss fight in that place (Time Mage and Sword Fencer) is easily the toughest in all chapter 1, so be prepared.

I love the Merchant class myself, using it for Agnes at the moment (until she hits lvl. 9, then i'm switching her to Summoner), it really opens a heap more strategies, especially once you unlock BP drink. Got to see if More Money stacks with more characters using the Job/Support ability, found a good place to farm PG on the second chapter (Gardens west of Florem, you'll find a lot of 4x Alraune fights, with a Merchant and a Sweeper bonus, you'll get 700 pg per fight).

Current PC Build