By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bravely Default - Neverending grinding, plus general discussion

RolStoppable said:
Conegamer said:
RolStoppable said:
The game took a nosedive. It's almost unbelievable just how bad it is. Just awful.

Wait wait wait, why?

Read at your own risk, contains story spoilers.

After you've restored the four crystals and headed to the pillar of light, your party wakes up in the initial town and realizes that the chasm still exists, as well as all the other bad things like the poisoned sea. Mission failed, so your task is to restore the crystals once again. Later on it turns out that you were sent to a parallel world which is almost identical. The only good thing is that you got to keep your airship and all the other stuff, so you don't have to repeat the entire game again. You can just head straight to the temples and defeat stronger versions of the same bosses again. If that isn't lame enough, after you've accomplished that task, you'll get sent to another parallel world and have to do the same thing yet again. There is also no going back to previous worlds, so you have to deal with the all around stronger enemies. 

Read your spoilers and don't see why that doesn't make sense.

Once you figure out that Ringabel is actually Dark Knight Din (I mean, it's pretty obvious once you read the entries in D's Journal). Since it describes all the events the party takes before they actually take it then you could only have two options:

- Time Travelling
- Parallel Dimensions

Since Time Travelling has been done to exhaustion, i'm glad they took the parallel dimensions route. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Can't wait for my copy to come in January! That's what I get for not paying a local retailer premium.

What's the online component of the game like?

Panama said:
Can't wait for my copy to come in January! That's what I get for not paying a local retailer premium.

What's the online component of the game like?

There's not a large online component, mostly it's small time interactions via the Summon Friends ability (you can send/receive moves from your ingame friends, which can be used in-battle) and the bigger the amount of Net Invites and friends that you have, the more population you can get in the Rebuild Norende system (where you can unlock stores to buy better equipment, upgrades for special moves, components, etc).

By the way, for those who have the game, have any of you found out what components are for?I'm on Chapter 3 and still haven't seen any use for them yet.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

RolStoppable said:

So there is a JP+ skill after all. I didn't bother long with Freelancer, only up to level 4 and even then only to complete the tutorial quest; otherwise I would have moved on earlier, because I already had four non-Freelancer jobs at that point. But that means I could have had 20% extra JP all this time.

I see someone never played Final Fantasy Tactics. It's tradition now!

tagged, should be getting this game very soon :)

Around the Network

I have added every friend code in Rol's original post, so guys if you're in the list be sure to add back (Which is actually all of you except Mnementh)

still havent picked up my copy =( hopefully tomorrow, adding you all now

Mnementh said:
Added the new entries in the OP.
@Rol: While it seems like a good idea to sort people alphabetically, it makes it hard to add the new friendcodes, as I don't know who I already added. Would be easier if you add new FCs at the end.

My thoughts exactly, although you and I seem to be the only ones actually adding people. Even Rol hasn't added me and it's his thread :O

RolStoppable said:
The game took a nosedive. It's almost unbelievable just how bad it is. Just awful.

Wait what? How many hours were you playing for until this 'nose dive' took place? and is it just the way the bonus content was implemented or is the core game shit? I'm buying this tomorrow but now I'm having second thoughts.

ArtofAngels said:
RolStoppable said:

Wait what? How many hours were you playing for until this 'nose dive' took place? and is it just the way the bonus content was implemented or is the core game shit? I'm buying this tomorrow but now I'm having second thoughts.

I've been playing for more than 40 hours (on the in game counter) and I am not at the part he's complaining about yet. To be honest, if the game would end at the point I'm at, I would still be glad I had bought the game, so I would say you are safe to go. The part he's complaining about seems to be part of the main story though.

Nintendo Network ID: domflo

Add me if you like!

Ask me about 3DS Friend Code if interested. All other things are in the profile!