By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bravely Default - Neverending grinding, plus general discussion

lestatdark said:
Sincerity said:
lestatdark said:

Thieves are useful for hits/speed, which increase your overall damage of physical skills that say "does X amount of conventional damage". It's especially good when paired with a Vampire subclass, though a maxed Ninja/Vampire Dual-Wielding Falcon Knives has no equal in the game. Once you get the ability to double hits, you'll be double 32-hitting, which will make almost every Vampire skill do 9999 damage (>9999 on Bravely Second). 

Damage Dispersion and Angelic Ward are almost an obligatory requirement for the later chapters, as bosses can easily hit for over 5000 damage, even with group-casted magic, so you'll end up getting those skills for your party either way sooner or later. 

On chapter 4, you can get into a fight with 6 Mandragoras, which can net you 200 JP (with Unscathed Hero). I wouldn't bother with heavy Job grinding for now, as once you hit chapter 5 and have enough pg to buy the Growth Egg (lvl 10 accessory shop on Norende) you can get 999 jp per fight, with the 6 Raflessias fight (which can also net you 32K pg per fight with the Golden Egg + Sweeper Hero + More Money Merchant ability. 

Spell Fencer + Valkyrie is mostly for mob clearing. For Bosses you'll have to go for classes that hit for solo mostly, which in this case would be to switch around for Valkyrie + Spell Fencer, because of Judgment. Even if the enemies don't have any particular elemental weakness, your weapon has a damage enhancement relative to the power of the spell, so for example, if you use Fira, you get an extra 1,5 damage. With Judgment doing 300% damage, at +3 Brave, you can brave three times and use 3 Judgments for almost 1250% damage of a regular 3 turn brave. It's all about adapting and using what skills/arsenal your classes have at their disposition, and in that aspect Spell Fencer + Valkyrie opens up a lot of possibilities. 

And the other class, other than W.Mage, that can revive, is Time Mage, with Re-Raise. It's not an instant revive and won't work on already dead characters, but it can save you from a single OHKO. Salve-Maker can create reviving concotions, but it's based on items as well. Once you get the Vampire job and level it to max, you get access to the Rise from the Dead ability, which gives you a 50% chance to auto-revive at the end of a turn, so it's a must have ability.

I already have Norende completed and got the Money Egg and Exp/Job Doubler Accessorys.

That Spell Fencer + Valkyrie combination sounds pretty good I gonna try It. The problem Im having with Ringabel Is that hes a lvl7 Black Mage and got only a lvl1 Time Mage. For what do I need a Black Mage If I already got the Spell Fencer + Valkyrie as Mob cleaner? I can only use Creacent moon twice against mobs because It costs 1 BP and If I use Judgement 3 times against Bosses when on +3 Brave then im at -4 after because It costs 2 BP.

Isnt a Ninja same as fast as Thief or even faster? I prefer to use Daggers than Axes. Also Ninjas got better skills than thieves do. I almost always only used Thief as a Sub class for the stealing ability.

Also I need the Freelancers Support Skill to see chests in Dungeons and the Sub class for Diagnos to analyze Bosses/Mobs. Which char could I give that?

Mostly because some enemies can counter your Physical Spell Fencer + Valkyrie combination and there's few (if any) mobs that can counter direct magic attacks. It's a matter of leaving your options open, as on Hard there's not a fixed effective class combo for everything. Some mobs you'll have to go full magic, some you'll have to go full physical (i.e - The Cerberus enemy on the optional job dungeon in chapter 4 can counter any physical attack with Hellfire, which is an instant KO, they're one of the strongest regular enemies in the game).

If you want to use Judgment without worrying about the BP penalty, you can always sub a Merchant into your team and use BP Drink to boost back your lost BP levels. Since pg is easy to come by starting from chapter 4, you can Judgment three times, use the second tier BP drink twice, and go back to 0 BP on your Valkyrie for 20K pg. Or use the first tier BP Drink three times for 3K pg and go back to -1 BP, which increases to 0 BP on your next turn. 

Ninja is better than Thief, that's why I said there's no equal to them when they're dual wielding Falcon Blades. Heck, even by giving them dual Kunais and using Evasion +20% and Transcience you'll become an unstoppable Evade + Counter machine on Chapter 4, especially good for bosses, as you can give them the Aggro + Accessory and laugh as bosses try to hit you and fail most of the times. 

For the Divining Rod ability (see chests in dungeons), I gave that one to my B.Mage Ringabel, but I stopped using the freelancer sub once I got to chapter 5, since bosses hit like a ton of bricks and you'll need that sub-job slot for something useful during the entire fight (that's why the team fights are a pain on Chapter 7/8 if you want to steal from bosses, as Thief is utterly useless for the rest of the fight). 

So Instead of the thief which u recommended me should I level up Tiz as a Ninja with dual Kunais?

Also im having some problems with the Behemoth boss from the machine room using the party u recommended me: Tiz, Pirate 11/Thief 10 Sub (To get axe lore, im 1500p missing), Agnes White Mage 9/Red Mage 12 Sub, Ringabel Black Mage 8/Time Mage 4 Sub, Edea Spell Fencer 13/Valkyrie 4 Sub.

Around the Network
Sincerity said:
lestatdark said:
Sincerity said:
lestatdark said:

Thieves are useful for hits/speed, which increase your overall damage of physical skills that say "does X amount of conventional damage". It's especially good when paired with a Vampire subclass, though a maxed Ninja/Vampire Dual-Wielding Falcon Knives has no equal in the game. Once you get the ability to double hits, you'll be double 32-hitting, which will make almost every Vampire skill do 9999 damage (>9999 on Bravely Second). 

Damage Dispersion and Angelic Ward are almost an obligatory requirement for the later chapters, as bosses can easily hit for over 5000 damage, even with group-casted magic, so you'll end up getting those skills for your party either way sooner or later. 

On chapter 4, you can get into a fight with 6 Mandragoras, which can net you 200 JP (with Unscathed Hero). I wouldn't bother with heavy Job grinding for now, as once you hit chapter 5 and have enough pg to buy the Growth Egg (lvl 10 accessory shop on Norende) you can get 999 jp per fight, with the 6 Raflessias fight (which can also net you 32K pg per fight with the Golden Egg + Sweeper Hero + More Money Merchant ability. 

Spell Fencer + Valkyrie is mostly for mob clearing. For Bosses you'll have to go for classes that hit for solo mostly, which in this case would be to switch around for Valkyrie + Spell Fencer, because of Judgment. Even if the enemies don't have any particular elemental weakness, your weapon has a damage enhancement relative to the power of the spell, so for example, if you use Fira, you get an extra 1,5 damage. With Judgment doing 300% damage, at +3 Brave, you can brave three times and use 3 Judgments for almost 1250% damage of a regular 3 turn brave. It's all about adapting and using what skills/arsenal your classes have at their disposition, and in that aspect Spell Fencer + Valkyrie opens up a lot of possibilities. 

And the other class, other than W.Mage, that can revive, is Time Mage, with Re-Raise. It's not an instant revive and won't work on already dead characters, but it can save you from a single OHKO. Salve-Maker can create reviving concotions, but it's based on items as well. Once you get the Vampire job and level it to max, you get access to the Rise from the Dead ability, which gives you a 50% chance to auto-revive at the end of a turn, so it's a must have ability.

I already have Norende completed and got the Money Egg and Exp/Job Doubler Accessorys.

That Spell Fencer + Valkyrie combination sounds pretty good I gonna try It. The problem Im having with Ringabel Is that hes a lvl7 Black Mage and got only a lvl1 Time Mage. For what do I need a Black Mage If I already got the Spell Fencer + Valkyrie as Mob cleaner? I can only use Creacent moon twice against mobs because It costs 1 BP and If I use Judgement 3 times against Bosses when on +3 Brave then im at -4 after because It costs 2 BP.

Isnt a Ninja same as fast as Thief or even faster? I prefer to use Daggers than Axes. Also Ninjas got better skills than thieves do. I almost always only used Thief as a Sub class for the stealing ability.

Also I need the Freelancers Support Skill to see chests in Dungeons and the Sub class for Diagnos to analyze Bosses/Mobs. Which char could I give that?

Mostly because some enemies can counter your Physical Spell Fencer + Valkyrie combination and there's few (if any) mobs that can counter direct magic attacks. It's a matter of leaving your options open, as on Hard there's not a fixed effective class combo for everything. Some mobs you'll have to go full magic, some you'll have to go full physical (i.e - The Cerberus enemy on the optional job dungeon in chapter 4 can counter any physical attack with Hellfire, which is an instant KO, they're one of the strongest regular enemies in the game).

If you want to use Judgment without worrying about the BP penalty, you can always sub a Merchant into your team and use BP Drink to boost back your lost BP levels. Since pg is easy to come by starting from chapter 4, you can Judgment three times, use the second tier BP drink twice, and go back to 0 BP on your Valkyrie for 20K pg. Or use the first tier BP Drink three times for 3K pg and go back to -1 BP, which increases to 0 BP on your next turn. 

Ninja is better than Thief, that's why I said there's no equal to them when they're dual wielding Falcon Blades. Heck, even by giving them dual Kunais and using Evasion +20% and Transcience you'll become an unstoppable Evade + Counter machine on Chapter 4, especially good for bosses, as you can give them the Aggro + Accessory and laugh as bosses try to hit you and fail most of the times. 

For the Divining Rod ability (see chests in dungeons), I gave that one to my B.Mage Ringabel, but I stopped using the freelancer sub once I got to chapter 5, since bosses hit like a ton of bricks and you'll need that sub-job slot for something useful during the entire fight (that's why the team fights are a pain on Chapter 7/8 if you want to steal from bosses, as Thief is utterly useless for the rest of the fight). 

So Instead of the thief which u recommended me should I level up Tiz as a Ninja with dual Kunais?

Also im having some problems with the Behemoth boss from the machine room using the party u recommended me: Tiz, Pirate 11/Thief 10 Sub (To get axe lore, im 1500p missing), Agnes White Mage 9/Red Mage 12 Sub, Ringabel Black Mage 8/Time Mage 4 Sub, Edea Spell Fencer 13/Valkyrie 4 Sub.

Don't accumulate BP on any character other than on your Fencer/Valkyrie. Reason being that it's Roar attack does higher damage the higher your character's BP are, so focus on increasing BP only for one member, give him the highest P.Def you can (Protect, P.Def Ability Boosts, etc). Also, how much HP do you have? It' s AOE attacks can easily take out over 2000 HP, so be sure to be above that threshold.

Behemot is pretty fast too, so make sure you get some Shin Smashes and Defangs so that it's Speed and P.Atk are always at the 75% threshold, that will give you a much easier battle.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

RolStoppable said:
lestatdark said:

Are the game enemies programmed to go all ape-shit berserk over Tiz? Because it's insane how much they all target him.

Even when I have a Valkyrie and a Black Mage sweeping through mobs with Firaga and Crescent Moon and Tiz is only Defaulting, 90% of the times enemies target his soft weak ass, even though B.Mage and W.Mage are softer than him and no one has any aggro modifier.

It's really irksome.

Edit - Guardian Boss in chapter 4 has 125K HP on Hard. I'm reading that he has only 60K on Normal. I am cry D: 

Edit 2 - Scratch that, bastard went down quite easily. It seems Valkyrie with Multitask and buffed to the extreme (150% on everything) and Thundaga Sword Magic goes through his mechanical behind like a hot knife through butter. Was doing 6000 damage per hit, sometimes got 3 multitasks in a row.

Maybe this is a game where the character in the first slot draws the most attacks, since there are no rows. Although I have to say that I didn't really notice it. Additionally, the game encourages you to put someone other than Tiz into the first slot and never mentions anything about the first slot drawing more attacks, so I would say you just have bad luck.

I think the enemies target the one with the lowest defense. For me it's Ringabel (Thief). And he is not in the first slot for me.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I have missed a sidequest in Florem. Reading it up, it seems to be the red mage. I have a blue ! on the world map on the city, but after entering it nothing is marked. I wa speaking to everyone, but nothing happens. Can someone give me a hint, how to start the quest?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Mnementh said:
I have missed a sidequest in Florem. Reading it up, it seems to be the red mage. I have a blue ! on the world map on the city, but after entering it nothing is marked. I wa speaking to everyone, but nothing happens. Can someone give me a hint, how to start the quest?

OK, I found out after some trying around. I just had to enter the city at night.

Around the Network

I'm 14 hours in and loving it. The job system is fun and agnés looks really cute as a merchant :).

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
I'm 14 hours in and loving it. The job system is fun and agnés looks really cute as a merchant :).

Dat diamong ring bling .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

outlawauron said:
Most anticipated 3DS game. With this coming along, every game that sold me on my 3DS will have been localized. Could not be happier.

Wish I could say the same.  Still waiting on Fantasy Life.  Surprised there's been no announcement, given the popularity of similar games over here, like Animal Crossing.  This is Animal Crossing with swords and adventuring.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Okay, that true final chapter is one of the best sequences I've played in recent years in any RPG. Makes all that pointless going about in chapter 6-8 worthwhile and actually explains it.

Seeing your friend's world interact with the final boss sequence, that was a pretty good touch, though I'm sad to say I destroyed TiagoCosta's world .

Defeated the hidden boss before tackling the actual final boss of the game. It's 10x more difficult than any other fight in the game on Hard, even the Yulyana, Qada, Mephilia and Ominas fight on Chapter 8 and the only thing you get out of it is a key item that does nothing.... S-E and their pointless superboss fights.

WHAT? TIZ DIES IN THE END??? FUCK YOU AIRY'S SISTER...!!!!!!111!!!!!! *rage mode* Nevermind that, the secret movie explains it. Magnolia is amazing . Need. Bravely. Second. In. My. Life. NOW!

Current PC Build

I just beat Mephilia on hard.
She killed me like 7 times in a row. That damn crap kept grinding me in the dust...

... but now it's my crap :).

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.