By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bravely Default - Neverending grinding, plus general discussion

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
I just beat Mephilia on hard.
She killed me like 7 times in a row. That damn crap kept grinding me in the dust...

... but now it's my crap :).

Mephilia is actually the second easiest boss of the Bloodrose legion, so you'll have your work cut out for you. Once you fight her on team fights, she'll become a whole different beast though.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
She killed me like 7 times in a row. That damn crap kept grinding me in the dust...

Mephilia is actually the second easiest boss of the Bloodrose legion, so you'll have your work cut out for you. Once you fight her on team fights, she'll become a whole different beast though.

I just took out that red mage guy. After rearringing my jobs, i could kill him in one try. I suppose he's the easiest one of the Bloodrose legion.

Oh yeah, that whole part of the contest "bikini" for agnes. That was really funny :).

What do mean team fights with Mephilia? I just killed her. Is she coming back in some way. She fought with some summoned soldiers. I doubt that is what you meant with team fights.

If the answer isn't spoiler free, i'll find it out myself.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
lestatdark said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

I just took out that red mage guy. After rearringing my jobs, i could kill him in one try. I suppose he's the easiest one of the Bloodrose legion.

Oh yeah, that whole part of the contest "bikini" for agnes. That was really funny :).

What do mean team fights with Mephilia? I just killed her. Is she coming back in some way. She fought with some summoned soldiers. I doubt that is what you meant with team fights.

If the answer isn't spoiler free, i'll find it out myself.

Those fights are optional. You'll get to fight the asterik bosses again from chapter 5 in different setting. On chapter 6 they start pairing up and on Chapter 8 you'll get to fight 4 of them at a time.

And yeah, De Rosa is the easiest if you have charm resisting abilities. Artemis is the hardest because she can easily spam a multidamaging move that can OHKO your characters even when they're defaulting and Einhiria can do the same with the addition of having the ability to pierce the Default status.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I thought I wasn't gonna like this game because the Default system seemed like it was just gonna make battles uber slow, but then I downloaded n played the demo and learned about the Brave part of it. Guess I'll have to get this game now. :L

Just a quick question about the demo. I've done all of the missions up till the one where you fight the turtly enemy (adamantite shell maybe?) in the forest. After that, there doesn't seem to be any other missions to do. Is there anything else to do, or is the demo done?

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Just a quick question about the demo. I've done all of the missions up till the one where you fight the turtly enemy (adamantite shell maybe?) in the forest. After that, there doesn't seem to be any other missions to do. Is there anything else to do, or is the demo done?

Hey I just beat that mission too! The next one is accessed by going into the town at night.

JWeinCom said:

You have to visit the city at night. You've got a ways to go.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Cool. Thanks guys.

I'm like 75 hours into the game, and still loving it. The combat is fun and challenging at hard :).

The demo does throw you in the middle of it. Like any demo of an long rpg would. But you can see what the game is about and how it plays.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
I'm like 75 hours into the game, and still loving it. The combat is fun and challenging at hard :).

The demo does throw you in the middle of it. Like any demo of an long rpg would. But you can see what the game is about and how it plays.

How far are you in the game? If you broke through the chapter 7/8 barrier and are still loving the game, then you'll be pleasantly pleased with the true ending .

Current PC Build