By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bravely Default - Neverending grinding, plus general discussion

RolStoppable said:
lestatdark said:

Yeah, I'm on chapter 8 now and I'm seeing that. I'm only doing the sub-bosses fight for their items now, since they have the best gear in the game. Going to do the normal ending first before the true ending.

And you forgot that Lester, Braev, Yulyana and Alternis don't die too. Plus Qada doesn't die if you kill Kamiizumi first too, I think.

Granted, Lester, Braev and Yulyana don't die either. But surely Alternis dies in world 1 and 2. Qada doesn't fake his death, if you defeat Kamiizumi first, 

Alternis just falls of Granship, so he could either die or just go into another world, to repeat the cycle as a new Ringabel.  Ah, I see, I always kill Qada before killing Kamiizumi, since he's the easiest of the Black Blades bosses.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

I just defeated the Fire Temple Boss Caugmar on hard and It wasnt that difficult. His Overcharge didnt kill me when I used Default and after that I could attack him Freely. Used a Party of One Pirate/Thief, Red Mage/Summoner, Valkyrie/Freelancer, Spell Fencer/Monk. My whole party Is lvl46 with Jobs on lvl11-12. The most difficult boss for now I found was Qada because of his 9999 Dmg attack and his Poison Bomb right after. 

I wonder If you guys could recommend me any good party setup, I got every Job til the Ninja. Also what Is the Salve Maker good for, Is he worth using?

Sincerity said:

I just defeated the Fire Temple Boss Caugmar on hard and It wasnt that difficult. His Overcharge didnt kill me when I used Default and after that I could attack him Freely. Used a Party of One Pirate/Thief, Red Mage/Summoner, Valkyrie/Freelancer, Spell Fencer/Monk. My whole party Is lvl46 with Jobs on lvl11-12. The most difficult boss for now I found was Qada because of his 9999 Dmg attack and his Poison Bomb right after. 

I wonder If you guys could recommend me any good party setup, I got every Job til the Ninja. Also what Is the Salve Maker good for, Is he worth using?

You had a lot  of High HP jobs and with high levels on them, that was a good approach for Chaugmar. As for Qada, the best approach for him is to keep a fast W.Mage at all times in your party, so you can Raise your KO'ed members before he can attack. 

Salve-Maker is good once you've got an extensive amount of compounds. You can make elemental resistant concoctions, Stat-raising concoctions, etc. Later in the game, you can make a 9999 HP Salve-Maker that can create a 9999 Damage concoction as well, which coupled with the Mime skill from Freelancer can net you a 16x9999 HP round (granted all characters have access to Mime + 9999 HP), basically boss killer material. 

For now, your jobs are suficcient, but once you reach the chapter 4 jobs, you'll want to make a Spiritmaster, Arcanist, Templar and Hunter/Thief/Ninja class. This party setup will carry you easily until Chapter 7 Hard.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

i find this game completely frustrating, repetitive and barely enjoyable
the story is weak, the storytelling is nicely done and its elegant. the written lines are mediocre. at least
grafix and sound are awesome though

my review score would be a 6.9
9 grafix and sound and 6 gameplay and 5  fun factor

style over substance, at least tries to innovate in the gameplay department. some of these new ideas are pretty good and would like y¡to see them in another game

lestatdark said:
Sincerity said:

You had a lot  of High HP jobs and with high levels on them, that was a good approach for Chaugmar. As for Qada, the best approach for him is to keep a fast W.Mage at all times in your party, so you can Raise your KO'ed members before he can attack. 

Salve-Maker is good once you've got an extensive amount of compounds. You can make elemental resistant concoctions, Stat-raising concoctions, etc. Later in the game, you can make a 9999 HP Salve-Maker that can create a 9999 Damage concoction as well, which coupled with the Mime skill from Freelancer can net you a 16x9999 HP round (granted all characters have access to Mime + 9999 HP), basically boss killer material. 

For now, your jobs are suficcient, but once you reach the chapter 4 jobs, you'll want to make a Spiritmaster, Arcanist, Templar and Hunter/Thief/Ninja class. This party setup will carry you easily until Chapter 7 Hard.

Thanks a lot, I will try the Setup you recommended me once I reach the Chapter 4 Jobs, for now I changed my Pirate to a Ninja because I didnt like the Pirate much anyway. 

I just defeated Konoe for the Ninja Job, that was a very tough battle on hard.. especially because she always focussed the chars that had low life so I had to revive like 100 times.

Which of the Job from your setup would you recommend me to set to each Character? i.e Tiz, Agnes, Ringabel, Edea as I got specific Job Support Skills on them for now.

My Tiz got the Pirate Job on lvl11 and Thief on lvl10. 

My Agnes got the White Mage on lvl9, Summoner on lvl9 and Red Mage on lvl12. 

My Ringabel got the Black Mage on lvl7, Merchant on lvl9, Hunter on lvl7 and Valkyrie on lvl12. 

My Edea got the Monk on lvl7, Knight on lvl6, Spell Fencer on lvl12, Sword Master on lvl4.

Also Is It normal that none of the Sub Quest Asterisk Bosses In Chapter 3 gave me any money and can any of the Job Classes you recommended me heal/revive? I used the Red Mage even If I dont like It much, just to heal. As I need a Only Heal Character for most of the Boss Fights I didnt even use Black Magic with my Red Mage yet.

Are there any specific Job Support Skills I should get for all Characters such as Angels Blessing from the White Mage or Damage dispersion from the Black Mage? They helped me a lot so far. My Agnes Is using Angels Blessing and my Ringabel Is using Damage Dispersion, Im thinking about getting those Support Skills for my whole party.

Around the Network
Sincerity said:
lestatdark said:
Sincerity said:

Thanks a lot, I will try the Setup you recommended me once I reach the Chapter 4 Jobs, for now I changed my Pirate to a Ninja because I didnt like the Pirate much anyway. 

I just defeated Konoe for the Ninja Job, that was a very tough battle on hard.. especially because she always focussed the chars that had low life so I had to revive like 100 times.

Which of the Job from your setup would you recommend me to set to each Character? i.e Tiz, Agnes, Ringabel, Edea as I got specific Job Skills on them for now.

My Ringabel got the Black Mage on lvl7, Merchant on lvl9, Hunter on lvl7 and Valkyrie on lvl12. 

My Edea got the Monk on lvl7, Knight on lvl6, Spell Fencer on lvl12, Sword Master on lvl4.

Also Is It normal that no Sub Quest Asterisk Boss In Chapter 3 gave me any money?

Konoe is extremely complicated, especially if you have a Physical oriented party. If you're unlucky, she'll use that 100% evade move in consecutive turns, leaving you wide open to a OHKO from her counters. And that first strike move she has also OHKO most of your party. 

For your jobs, i would use Tiz as a Thief, try to learn Two-Handed from Knight and use P.Atk 20%, Two-Handed and Axe Lore (though this would require you to level up Pirate to 12, so it depends on how far you're from it). This will make you very fast and hit very hard, since two-handed Axes are the strongest weapons in the game (once you get the Fox Tail, then it becomes OP material).

Agnes I would use her as a W.Mage with R.Mage sub. With  Angelic Ward, Revenge and M.Def 10% you'll have a good chance to keep your BP up for a bigger amount of healing per turns, plus with Rod Lore, you can cast the level 4 B.Mage spells for significant damage by equipping rods at level S.

Ringabel I would go B.Mage all the way. You really need a B.Mage to deal with the regular mobs on chapter 4, or else the large groups are gonna tear through your party. Other suggestion is an Sword Magic Valkyrie, as you can put any kind of elemental damage on your Valkyrie's Spear and use Crescent Moon to deal with groups. My suggestion for Ringabel would be a B.Mage with Time Magic sub, that way you'll hit for almost all weaknesses, plus have a good supporting role (hastening your party, slowing enemies, giving your Thief more hits, etc.)

Since you already have Edea as a high level Sword Fencer, that role would fit her well, since Valkyrie only needs low levels to earn Crescent Moon and Spear Lore (lvl 3). 

And yes, most asterik bosses will not give you pg from chapter 3 onwards, heck they stop giving you exp altogether on chapter 5. 

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Sincerity said:
lestatdark said:
Sincerity said:

Which of the Job from your setup would you recommend me to set to each Character? i.e Tiz, Agnes, Ringabel, Edea as I got specific Job Skills on them for now.

Also Is It normal that no Sub Quest Asterisk Boss In Chapter 3 gave me any money?

Konoe is extremely complicated, especially if you have a Physical oriented party. If you're unlucky, she'll use that 100% evade move in consecutive turns, leaving you wide open to a OHKO from her counters. And that first strike move she has also OHKO most of your party. 

For your jobs, i would use Tiz as a Thief, try to learn Two-Handed from Knight and use P.Atk 20%, Two-Handed and Axe Lore (though this would require you to level up Pirate to 12, so it depends on how far you're from it). This will make you very fast and hit very hard, since two-handed Axes are the strongest weapons in the game (once you get the Fox Tail, then it becomes OP material).

Agnes I would use her as a W.Mage with R.Mage sub. With  Angelic Ward, Revenge and M.Def 10% you'll have a good chance to keep your BP up for a bigger amount of healing per turns, plus with Rod Lore, you can cast the level 4 B.Mage spells for significant damage by equipping rods at level S.

Ringabel I would go B.Mage all the way. You really need a B.Mage to deal with the regular mobs on chapter 4, or else the large groups are gonna tear through your party. Other suggestion is an Sword Magic Valkyrie, as you can put any kind of elemental damage on your Valkyrie's Spear and use Crescent Moon to deal with groups. My suggestion for Ringabel would be a B.Mage with Time Magic sub, that way you'll hit for almost all weaknesses, plus have a good supporting role (hastening your party, slowing enemies, giving your Thief more hits, etc.)

Since you already have Edea as a high level Sword Fencer, that role would fit her well, since Valkyrie only needs low levels to earn Crescent Moon and Spear Lore (lvl 3). 

And yes, most asterik bosses will not give you pg from chapter 3 onwards, heck they stop giving you exp altogether on chapter 5. 

Yeah I used a physical party against Konoe, but I could counter her counter with the Ghost Barrier (The spell that drains mana Instead of HP) of my Valkyrie Ringabel.

I never used any Black Magic so far, but I will use a BM then as u say that for Chapter 4 I need one. I dont really like Thieves they arent good for anything in my eyes and I also hate Axes for some reason. My Pirate Is only at 1300 points so I would still need 2700 to get Axe Lore anyway. 

can any of the Job Classes you recommended me heal/revive (Spiritmaster, Arcanist, Templar, Thief/Hunter/Ninja)? I used the Red Mage even If I dont like It much, just to heal. As I need a Only Heal Character for most of the Boss Fights I didnt even use Black Magic with my Red Mage yet.

Are there any specific Job Support Skills I should get for all Characters such as Angels Blessing from the White Mage or Damage dispersion from the Black Mage? They helped me a lot so far. My Agnes Is using Angels Blessing and my Ringabel Is using Damage Dispersion, Im thinking about getting those Support Skills for my whole party.

My Problem Is that Ringabel got the Valkyrie Job on lvl12 and also the Black Mage Job on lvl7 I cant use both. Is there any place where I can level my Jobs faster than normally? As my White Mage Is only on lvl9, my Black Mage on 7, my Thief on 10 and I dont even leveled the Time Mage up yet. I dont think the Thief Is good for anything except Stealing but I just set him as sub class for that until now.

Also the Spell Fencer you recommend me wanst very useful on the last Asterisk Bosses as they didnt have any weaknesses and without a weapon enchant spell fencer doesnt do much damage. He doesnt even have any useful skills :/

Should I use the Jobs u recommended me only until I get the new ones from Chapter 4?

Sincerity said:
lestatdark said:
Sincerity said:
lestatdark said:
Sincerity said:

Yeah I used a physical party against Konoe, but I could counter her counter with the Ghost Barrier (The spell that drains mana Instead of HP) of my Valkyrie Ringabel.

I never used any Black Magic so far, but I will use a BM then as u say that for Chapter 4 I need one. I dont really like Thieves they arent good for anything in my eyes and I also hate Axes for some reason. My Pirate Is only at 1300 points so I would still need 2700 to get Axe Lore anyway. 

can any of the Job Classes you recommended me heal/revive (Spiritmaster, Arcanist, Templar, Thief/Hunter/Ninja)? I used the Red Mage even If I dont like It much, just to heal. As I need a Only Heal Character for most of the Boss Fights I didnt even use Black Magic with my Red Mage yet.

My Problem Is that Ringabel got the Valkyrie Job on lvl12 and also the Black Mage Job on lvl7 I cant use both. Is there any place where I can level my Jobs faster than normally? As my White Mage Is only on lvl9, my Black Mage on 7 and my Thief on 10 even If I dont think the Thief Is good for anything except Stealing but I just set him as sub class for that.

Also the Spell Fencer you recommend me wanst very useful on the last Asterisk Bosses as they didnt have any weaknesses and without a weapon enchant spell fencer doesnt do much damage. He doesnt even have any useful skills :/

Should I use the Jobs u recommended me only until I get the new ones from Chapter 4?

Thieves are useful for hits/speed, which increase your overall damage of physical skills that say "does X amount of conventional damage". It's especially good when paired with a Vampire subclass, though a maxed Ninja/Vampire Dual-Wielding Falcon Knives has no equal in the game. Once you get the ability to double hits, you'll be double 32-hitting, which will make almost every Vampire skill do 9999 damage (>9999 on Bravely Second). 

Damage Dispersion and Angelic Ward are almost an obligatory requirement for the later chapters, as bosses can easily hit for over 5000 damage, even with group-casted magic, so you'll end up getting those skills for your party either way sooner or later. 

On chapter 4, you can get into a fight with 6 Mandragoras, which can net you 200 JP (with Unscathed Hero). I wouldn't bother with heavy Job grinding for now, as once you hit chapter 5 and have enough pg to buy the Growth Egg (lvl 10 accessory shop on Norende) you can get 999 jp per fight, with the 6 Raflessias fight (which can also net you 32K pg per fight with the Golden Egg + Sweeper Hero + More Money Merchant ability. 

Spell Fencer + Valkyrie is mostly for mob clearing. For Bosses you'll have to go for classes that hit for solo mostly, which in this case would be to switch around for Valkyrie + Spell Fencer, because of Judgment. Even if the enemies don't have any particular elemental weakness, your weapon has a damage enhancement relative to the power of the spell, so for example, if you use Fira, you get an extra 1,5 damage. With Judgment doing 300% damage, at +3 Brave, you can brave three times and use 3 Judgments for almost 1250% damage of a regular 3 turn brave. It's all about adapting and using what skills/arsenal your classes have at their disposition, and in that aspect Spell Fencer + Valkyrie opens up a lot of possibilities. 

And the other class, other than W.Mage, that can revive, is Time Mage, with Re-Raise. It's not an instant revive and won't work on already dead characters, but it can save you from a single OHKO. Salve-Maker can create reviving concotions, but it's based on items as well. Once you get the Vampire job and level it to max, you get access to the Rise from the Dead ability, which gives you a 50% chance to auto-revive at the end of a turn, so it's a must have ability.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Sincerity said:
lestatdark said:
Sincerity said:
lestatdark said:
Sincerity said:

My Problem Is that Ringabel got the Valkyrie Job on lvl12 and also the Black Mage Job on lvl7 I cant use both. Is there any place where I can level my Jobs faster than normally? As my White Mage Is only on lvl9, my Black Mage on 7 and my Thief on 10 even If I dont think the Thief Is good for anything except Stealing but I just set him as sub class for that.

Thieves are useful for hits/speed, which increase your overall damage of physical skills that say "does X amount of conventional damage". It's especially good when paired with a Vampire subclass, though a maxed Ninja/Vampire Dual-Wielding Falcon Knives has no equal in the game. Once you get the ability to double hits, you'll be double 32-hitting, which will make almost every Vampire skill do 9999 damage (>9999 on Bravely Second). 

Damage Dispersion and Angelic Ward are almost an obligatory requirement for the later chapters, as bosses can easily hit for over 5000 damage, even with group-casted magic, so you'll end up getting those skills for your party either way sooner or later. 

On chapter 4, you can get into a fight with 6 Mandragoras, which can net you 200 JP (with Unscathed Hero). I wouldn't bother with heavy Job grinding for now, as once you hit chapter 5 and have enough pg to buy the Growth Egg (lvl 10 accessory shop on Norende) you can get 999 jp per fight, with the 6 Raflessias fight (which can also net you 32K pg per fight with the Golden Egg + Sweeper Hero + More Money Merchant ability. 

Spell Fencer + Valkyrie is mostly for mob clearing. For Bosses you'll have to go for classes that hit for solo mostly, which in this case would be to switch around for Valkyrie + Spell Fencer, because of Judgment. Even if the enemies don't have any particular elemental weakness, your weapon has a damage enhancement relative to the power of the spell, so for example, if you use Fira, you get an extra 1,5 damage. With Judgment doing 300% damage, at +3 Brave, you can brave three times and use 3 Judgments for almost 1250% damage of a regular 3 turn brave. It's all about adapting and using what skills/arsenal your classes have at their disposition, and in that aspect Spell Fencer + Valkyrie opens up a lot of possibilities. 

And the other class, other than W.Mage, that can revive, is Time Mage, with Re-Raise. It's not an instant revive and won't work on already dead characters, but it can save you from a single OHKO. Salve-Maker can create reviving concotions, but it's based on items as well. Once you get the Vampire job and level it to max, you get access to the Rise from the Dead ability, which gives you a 50% chance to auto-revive at the end of a turn, so it's a must have ability.

I already have Norende completed and got the Money Egg and Exp/Job Doubler Accessorys.

That Spell Fencer + Valkyrie combination sounds pretty good I gonna try It. The problem Im having with Ringabel Is that hes a lvl7 Black Mage and got only a lvl1 Time Mage. For what do I need a Black Mage If I already got the Spell Fencer + Valkyrie as Mob cleaner? I can only use Creacent moon twice against mobs because It costs 1 BP and If I use Judgement 3 times against Bosses when on +3 Brave then im at -4 after because It costs 2 BP.

Isnt a Ninja same as fast as Thief or even faster? I prefer to use Daggers than Axes. Also Ninjas got better skills than thieves do. I almost always only used Thief as a Sub class for the stealing ability.

Also I need the Freelancers Support Skill to see chests in Dungeons and the Sub class for Diagnos to analyze Bosses/Mobs. Which char could I give that?

Sincerity said:
lestatdark said:

I already have Norende completed and got the Money Egg and Exp/Job Doubler Accessorys.

That Spell Fencer + Valkyrie combination sounds pretty good I gonna try It. The problem Im having with Ringabel Is that hes a lvl7 Black Mage and got only a lvl1 Time Mage. For what do I need a Black Mage If I already got the Spell Fencer + Valkyrie as Mob cleaner? I can only use Creacent moon twice against mobs because It costs 1 BP and If I use Judgement 3 times against Bosses when on +3 Brave then im at -4 after because It costs 2 BP.

Isnt a Ninja same as fast as Thief or even faster? I prefer to use Daggers than Axes. Also Ninjas got better skills than thieves do. I almost always only used Thief as a Sub class for the stealing ability.

Also I need the Freelancers Support Skill to see chests in Dungeons and the Sub class for Diagnos to analyze Bosses/Mobs. Which char could I give that?

Mostly because some enemies can counter your Physical Spell Fencer + Valkyrie combination and there's few (if any) mobs that can counter direct magic attacks. It's a matter of leaving your options open, as on Hard there's not a fixed effective class combo for everything. Some mobs you'll have to go full magic, some you'll have to go full physical (i.e - The Cerberus enemy on the optional job dungeon in chapter 4 can counter any physical attack with Hellfire, which is an instant KO, they're one of the strongest regular enemies in the game).

If you want to use Judgment without worrying about the BP penalty, you can always sub a Merchant into your team and use BP Drink to boost back your lost BP levels. Since pg is easy to come by starting from chapter 4, you can Judgment three times, use the second tier BP drink twice, and go back to 0 BP on your Valkyrie for 20K pg. Or use the first tier BP Drink three times for 3K pg and go back to -1 BP, which increases to 0 BP on your next turn. 

Ninja is better than Thief, that's why I said there's no equal to them when they're dual wielding Falcon Blades. Heck, even by giving them dual Kunais and using Evasion +20% and Transcience you'll become an unstoppable Evade + Counter machine on Chapter 4, especially good for bosses, as you can give them the Aggro + Accessory and laugh as bosses try to hit you and fail most of the times. 

For the Divining Rod ability (see chests in dungeons), I gave that one to my B.Mage Ringabel, but I stopped using the freelancer sub once I got to chapter 5, since bosses hit like a ton of bricks and you'll need that sub-job slot for something useful during the entire fight (that's why the team fights are a pain on Chapter 7/8 if you want to steal from bosses, as Thief is utterly useless for the rest of the fight). 

Current PC Build