By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales: Media Create; Famitsu & Dengeki Week 48 (Nov 25 - Dec 1)

Why the Wii U bump?
Next quarter earnings will Sony mix Vita+Vita TV+PSP numbers?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:
outlawauron said:
forest-spirit said:

Because one is a console FF, where you expect 90% FW drops and the other is a Mario game.

I don't know, looking at how FFXIII, FFXIII-2, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 performed, and considering the FW's of 3DWorld and LR I believe LR > 3DWorld was to be expected.

I think it's a combination of LR dropping not as badly as expected and Mario 3D dropping more like a normal game.

There's where my surprise comes from. I guess you can't expect Mario to leg it out so soon while the Wii U userbase is the size it is, but then again, the HW did so well, so I thought it would be better.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

justiceiro said:
Holiday approaching, all hardware (except vita) is seeing some grow, thankfully wiiu sees the most. Besides, was not last week when the expansion pack of DQX came out in japan? And where is Zelda 3DS?

no, the expansion pack of dragon quest is next week and has almost the same pre orders as mario 3d world.

Well Done Ninty, bring your power to the haters

carlos710 said:
betacon said:
carlos710 said:
Excellent numbers for the Wii U. And Criminal girls is another Vita flop in japan, sad thing.

How is selling throuhg half it's shipment a flop? It was never going to do massive numbers

So low shipments are the excuse for flopping now ? ROFL

I guess thats why the Virtual Boy didn't sold hundreds of millions. It shipped less than what it should in those years.

Come on people. If you want to see the Vita doing better go out and buy some games instead of making up wild excuses in forums.

Say the person who was impressed with sub 30k hardware sales of the Wii U doubled standards, not all games have to be million sellers to be sucessful.

Around the Network
ElPresidente7 said:
Im so confused .. WiiU increased hardware sales ...
does that mean we will take a break from WiiU doom?!

The sales you see right now is the lowest you will see from WiiU in Japan for the rest of 2013:)

I predict the following WiiU sales moving forward:

Week ending dec 8: 40 000

Week ending dec 15: 65 000

Week ending dec 22: 90 000

Week ending dec 29: 150 000

And that is a worst case scenarioXD

betacon said:
carlos710 said:
betacon said:
carlos710 said:
Excellent numbers for the Wii U. And Criminal girls is another Vita flop in japan, sad thing.

How is selling throuhg half it's shipment a flop? It was never going to do massive numbers

I guess thats why the Virtual Boy didn't sold hundreds of millions. It shipped less than what it should in those years.

Come on people. If you want to see the Vita doing better go out and buy some games instead of making up wild excuses in forums.

Say the person who was impressed with sub 30k hardware sales of the Wii U doubled standards, not all games have to be million sellers to be sucessful.

Terrible argument.

Wii U is #2 on the HW chart with no new releases/price cut/whatever... nothing new and it got a bump.

Criminal girls is a new release that debuted at #14 on a platform that is starving for games.

So yes, the Wii U did great and Criminal girls had a pretty poor debut as most people here agrees.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Not a bad week for Nintendo. All top 3 consoles being Nintendo consoles, WiiU at second nearing 30k. 30k for a hardware in Japan is not bad, the fact that we are nearing christmas makes it not stellar, but not bad. Now hoping that it's not just due to SM3DW and that the WiiU gets to stay around this number for a while.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

carlos710 said:
betacon said:
carlos710 said:
betacon said:
carlos710 said:

Terrible argument.

Wii U is #2 on the HW chart with no new releases/price cut/whatever... nothing new and it got a bump.

Criminal girls is a new release that debuted at #14 on a platform that is starving for games.

So yes, the Wii U did great and Criminal girls had a pretty poor debut as most people here agrees.

Second to the vita in third by a few units, not something to be excited about... Wii U had mario released just last week, that's why its in number two.

carlos710 said:
betacon said:
carlos710 said:

Terrible argument.

Vita is not starving for games in Japan. It just had one of its biggest releases just a week before.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.