By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales: Media Create; Famitsu & Dengeki Week 48 (Nov 25 - Dec 1)

benao87 said:
gmcmen said:
EricFabian said:
Wii U > Vita

wtf?

Maybe there is some hope for Wii U... I guess

FAMITSU HARDWARE SALES, WEEK 48, 2013 (November 25th - December 1st): 3DS - 100,144 PSV - 27,768 WIU - 27,325 PS3 - 13,302 PSP - 3,657 WII - 968 360 - 513
famitsu has it differenty, but they are very close.

Dengeki:

3DS LL: 78 900

WiiU: 28 500

3DS: 27 709

PSV: 27 146

PS3: 11 846

VitaTV: 3 482

PSP: 3 471

Wii: 480

X360: 282

Source.

PSV+VitaTV: 20 682 So, both MC and Dengeki puts WiiU ahead of PSV 'family'. And you say Famitsu twice, so I'm going to assume that in the last sentence you meant MC. They are close, but not that much WiiU: 28 518    PSV+VitaTV: 25 593, they are closer in Famistu.

I can't say this with 100% certainty but when the Dengeki figures were posted on NeoGAF, some of them had an asterisk over them to indicate where the figures were being adjusted which suggested that this week's Vita figures may have been lowered deliberately to compensate for previous overtracking.

Either way the difference between WiiU and Vita is very small, and given the potential for statistical error, I'd say it would be fair to say they were roughly equal this week (not that it's very important in the grand scheme of things)

EDIT: I didn't notice the MC figures, suggests WiiU may have the advantage this week after all

Around the Network
Devil_Survivor said:
DélioPT said:
Are the holidays kicking in in Japan or did that Wii U boost came from out of nowhere?

Well seeing as how this time of year doesn't mean as much in Japan as in the West, I'd say it came out of nowhere. 

The more i look at sales for other consoles, the more i feel it really came out of the blue. Only 3DS had a meaningful boost.

If it was Christmas pushing consoles, i guess all would go up in good numbers, right?

Kongfucius said:

I can't say this with 100% certainty but when the Dengeki figures were posted on NeoGAF, some of them had an asterisk over them to indicate where the figures were being adjusted which suggested that this week's Vita figures may have been lowered deliberately to compensate for previous overtracking.

Either way the difference between WiiU and Vita is very small, and given the potential for statistical error, I'd say it would be fair to say they were roughly equal this week (not that it's very important in the grand scheme of things)

EDIT: I didn't notice the MC figures, suggests WiiU may have the advantage this week after all

In my post I had PSV at 27k, but it was actually at 17k, it was my mistake. With VitaTV, is at 20k. 8k is a considerate difference. But, don't mind me, I'm not saying that WiiU is better off, I was just replying the other guy.

DélioPT said:
Devil_Survivor said:
DélioPT said:
Are the holidays kicking in in Japan or did that Wii U boost came from out of nowhere?

Well seeing as how this time of year doesn't mean as much in Japan as in the West, I'd say it came out of nowhere. 

The more i look at sales for other consoles, the more i feel it really came out of the blue. Only 3DS had a meaningful boost.

If it was Christmas pushing consoles, i guess all would go up in good numbers, right?

Well yes I would agree with that because every year at Christmas time it seems every console gets a booast from the massive increase in holiday spending, and I'm sure it will happen this year too. 

outlawauron said:
FromDK said:
outlawauron said:
FromDK said:
pezus said:
Wiiu jumps but mario crashes. Wat

That's not sure.. Nintendo just launched a "digital campaign" in japan where you get 2 digital games for the price of one.. there is a lot of sale there to..

Since we'll get digital numbers every month from Famitsu, we'll find out how it did very soon. I don't think there's been a Wii U title in the digital charts yet.

Nice i look forward to see..    (and are you sure nintendo share theire digital numbers with them.. and if they do.. can we see other teritories any where.. jusk ask becourse i did't know that.. )

The numbers in paraphenses are the digital sales for each title. Nintendo does share as there's a bunch of 3DS titles.

Link

Now i understand the low numbers.. it's only for the digital copy card you can bye in stores.. not included  people that download using a credit card

Around the Network
FromDK said:
outlawauron said:
FromDK said:
outlawauron said:
FromDK said:
pezus said:

That's not sure.. Nintendo just launched a "digital campaign" in japan where you get 2 digital games for the price of one.. there is a lot of sale there to..

Since we'll get digital numbers every month from Famitsu, we'll find out how it did very soon. I don't think there's been a Wii U title in the digital charts yet.

Nice i look forward to see..    (and are you sure nintendo share theire digital numbers with them.. and if they do.. can we see other teritories any where.. jusk ask becourse i did't know that.. )

The numbers in paraphenses are the digital sales for each title. Nintendo does share as there's a bunch of 3DS titles.

Link

Now i understand the low numbers.. it's only for the digital copy card you can bye in stores.. not included  people that download using a credit card

No, digital cards are included in the retail number, the parenthesis are the digital sales purchased directly from the eshop and PSN.

It's Japan, the country that doesn't care about digital.

And the digital campaign from Nintendo... do you mean the Wii U bundles that are included in Famitsu sales? Because there's nothing else.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

hiska-kun said:
FromDK said:
outlawauron said:
FromDK said:
outlawauron said:
FromDK said:
pezus said:

Link

No, digital cards are included in the retail number, the parenthesis are the digital sales purchased directly from the eshop and PSN.

It's Japan, the country that doesn't care about digital.

And the digital campaign from Nintendo... do you mean the Wii U bundles that are included in Famitsu sales? Because there's nothing else.

Eshop only tracks  digital download cards from stores.. NOT eshop sales..  (That i had read many places now. and if you have some other info-- please share a link)

And it's not bundles.. in japan they get a free game at the moment when they bye a game

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688747

Just realiced that this link has to do with 3ds.. mayby i was to fast.. anybody know for sure..?