By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales: Media Create; Famitsu & Dengeki Week 48 (Nov 25 - Dec 1)

Good result for Wii U. I remember mention of a big advertising push in Japan so I suppose the bump is partly due to that.

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
outlawauron said:
Soleron said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Soleron said:

Were they greenlit during sales as low as they are now? If not, do you expect publishers to be greenlighting original, Vita exclusive games right now?

Do you want the list?

That wasn't what I was asking.

English is ryuzaki's 3rd language, iirc.

Was my sentence incorrect? And how would you know that btw?

It wasn't; he's saying I shouldn't get at you for maybe not understanding 100% what I was getting at.

kowenicki said:
Nintendomination

Vita TV is an experiment hat flopped. Just end it now. Should have just stuck a hdmi port in the Vita.

Incidentally. Why do we count Vita and Vita TV as one device on VGC by the way? That's laughable.

One is a battery driven portable device with a screen and touch capability.
One is a mains powered home console with no screen and no touch capability.

They don't even play 100% of the same games.

Silly.

Silly.

Both consoles play vita games.

Tagged.

gmcmen said:
EricFabian said:
Wii U > Vita

wtf?

Maybe there is some hope for Wii U... I guess

FAMITSU HARDWARE SALES, WEEK 48, 2013 (November 25th - December 1st): 3DS - 100,144 PSV - 27,768 WIU - 27,325 PS3 - 13,302 PSP - 3,657 WII - 968 360 - 513
famitsu has it differenty, but they are very close.

Famitsu puts vita and vita TV together while MC doesn't which explains the difference between the 2 charts. The wiiU did outsell the Vita last week though by a fairly large margin (around 32% more).

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Around the Network
naruball said:
kowenicki said:
Nintendomination

Vita TV is an experiment hat flopped. Just end it now. Should have just stuck a hdmi port in the Vita.

Incidentally. Why do we count Vita and Vita TV as one device on VGC by the way? That's laughable.

Silly.

Silly.

They also play PSP games. Maybe we should count the Vita and PSP as the same console as well.

the_dengle said:
naruball said:
kowenicki said:
Nintendomination

Silly.

Silly.

They also play PSP games. Maybe we should count the Vita and PSP as the same console as well.

Yup. Great idea. No logical fallacies in this argument whatsover.

DélioPT said:
Are the holidays kicking in in Japan or did that Wii U boost came from out of nowhere?

Well seeing as how this time of year doesn't mean as much in Japan as in the West, I'd say it came out of nowhere. 

the_dengle said:
kopstudent89 said:
Why would anyone be surprised by Vita TV numbers? It's so pointless.

Do you remember what expectations were like back when it was announced? Some people thought it would outsell its portable companion in time.

I remember, so pointless using handheld games for not handheld purposes. Honestly didn't get it at all.

kopstudent89 said:
the_dengle said:
kopstudent89 said:
Why would anyone be surprised by Vita TV numbers? It's so pointless.

Do you remember what expectations were like back when it was announced? Some people thought it would outsell its portable companion in time.

I remember, so pointless using handheld games for not handheld purposes. Honestly didn't get it at all.

It has no room in Japan, but it might be popular in the west where most people are used to playing home console games. This will give the chance to a lot of people to try out games they have wanted to play for a long time, such as persona 4 golden. Ps+ users will also have tons of free games that they've received, but were unable to play. It makes perfect sense. Now, will it succeed? No idea.