By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales: Media Create; Famitsu & Dengeki Week 48 (Nov 25 - Dec 1)

Zero999 said:
Ninjahound101 said:
AlphaCielago said:
Can we assume that NSMBU is eating into SM3DW sales? I think it might be possible, since the game is bundled, either way, the drop wasn't nice.
Pokémon went up, which is a good thing :)

3D world's entire stock was 157K and it did 140K so far there is barely any stock to make sure that th drop is not large

there's a little thing called new shippments. magical, isn't it? and I'm pretty sure the stock was 200k.

did they arrive though. most didn't restock

and apparently the shipment was 175k i misread it

bet with ash3336 he wins if Super Mario 3D World sells less than Mario Sunshine during the first three years, I win if 3D World outsells Sunshine's first 3 years. Loser get sig controlled for 3 months (punishment might change)

Do you doubt the WiiU? Do you believe that it won't match the GC?

Then come and accept this bet

Nintendo eShop USA sales ranking 2/12/2013 : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173615

Around the Network

Very interesting, thanks a lot

Kresnik said:
Tally ho.

Wii-U up! Sofware's a bit meh all round, although Miku seems to have retained 100% of its audience from the previous entry, which is good/bad depending on how you look at it.

Lightning hasn't actually dropped like a rock, which is something different for the series at least. Criminal Girls & Dynasty Warriors Vita not so hot though. Nor Assassin's Creed for that matter. Or Toriko and Kamen Rider.

Bit of a difference between the Pokemon numbers for this week too, especially considering I thought it was Famitsu who were the ones who tracked download cards.

I agree. Software seems to have hit a rock compared to Hardware, 3DS HW specifically. 

That Pokemon jump though... nice!

trestres said:

Just for comparisons sake, PS3 sold more units this week last year than what WiiU did this year. Wii U has reached PS3's 6th year level of sales, nothing to be impressed by, and tipically, every console starts ramping up after mid November in Japan, especially Nintendo consoles, so this shouldn't be a surprise.

Seasonal boost, that's it. 3D World however has a very worrying performance.

Wii U has 3 games left this year (DQX Expansion, Mario and Sonic and MHFG) None of them will break 100k, so I doubt they'll be of much help.

We will be seeing sad faces once again come January's numbers. Wii behaved exactly like this (with a much higher baseline though) in Japan during its last years. Terrible numbers throughout the year and a 5 week spike at the Holidays which ended dramatically on the second week of January.

dragon quest has as many pre orders as mario and mario will certainly be in effect with it's legs.

ryuzaki57 said:
Soleron said:
ryuzaki57 said:

I purchased 8 Vita games in the last 3 months so I did my part. Besides, Vita currently has more games in development than any other system in Japan, so Vita games must be just fine.

Were they greenlit during sales as low as they are now? If not, do you expect publishers to be greenlighting original, Vita exclusive games right now?

Do you want the list?

That wasn't what I was asking.

Around the Network

It's good to see Wii U finally doing somewhat decent numbers! I hope this is the case WW as well. But that Vita TV... maybe folks are holding off waiting to get it with the PS4?

And SM3DW dropped something like 50-60% right? That's not too bad considering. But then again, I have no idea how much Mario usually drops.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Sad that the vita tv isn't able to play games like uncharted, gravity rush and some other vita games I would like to play. Might be the reason its not doing too hot in jp.
No way around to buy a normal vita for me. But if they can fix some games in the future to work with the vita tv i will get it too.

And nice numbers from the wiiu, but a bit disappointed in the mario numbers. Even with legs it will take awhile to reach 1mio.

DanneSandin said:
It's good to see Wii U finally doing somewhat decent numbers! I hope this is the case WW as well. But that Vita TV... maybe folks are holding off waiting to get it with the PS4?

And SM3DW dropped something like 50-60% right? That's not too bad considering. But then again, I have no idea how much Mario usually drops.

You are being too nice to it. Both figures are pretty bad. Not as much for Mario, but still.

NintendoPie said:
DanneSandin said:

You are being too nice to it. Both figures are pretty bad. Not as much for Mario, but still.

What can I say, I'm a nice fella ;)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Wii U > Vita

wtf?

Maybe there is some hope for Wii U... I guess

Click HERE and be happy