By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales: Media Create; Famitsu & Dengeki Week 48 (Nov 25 - Dec 1)

Ninjahound101 said:
AlphaCielago said:
Can we assume that NSMBU is eating into SM3DW sales? I think it might be possible, since the game is bundled, either way, the drop wasn't nice.
Pokémon went up, which is a good thing :)

3D world's entire stock was 157K and it did 140K so far there is barely any stock to make sure that th drop is not large

there's a little thing called new shippments. magical, isn't it? and I'm pretty sure the stock was 200k.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Zero999 said:

what will sell 5m in what year?

You tell me.

No, I was talking about Vita TV

i don't understand, why would you say vita tv will sell 5m this year? was it a choice?

pezus said:
Zero999 said:
pezus said:
Zero999 said:

what will sell 5m in what year?

You tell me.

No, I was talking about Vita TV

i don't understand, why would you say vita tv will sell 5m this year? was it a choice?

I don't understand the question. I was replying to your post, which stated Vita TV = PSP Go 2. That is obviously not the case, since Vita TV will sell 5m this year.

wich year? not 2013 or 2014 or any other, for sure.

I really think the Wii U is starting to pick up some real traction. Gamestop has the Mario Bundle as their front page item, which is pretty shocking considering that they did'nt have anything Wii U a month ago. Amazon is also sold out of 3D Mario World which really surprised me too. Japan loves handheld consoles and the Wii U is pretty much a hybrid handheld so I would'nt be shocked if it took off.

MohammadBadir said:
ryuzaki57 said:
carlos710 said:
Excellent numbers for the Wii U. And Criminal girls is another Vita flop in japan, sad thing.

It sold 70-75% of its shipment (excluding digital sales), lots of 3DS games are still between 20 and 40%.

EDIT : beaten

weren't you one of those guys who called 3D World a flop once they said it sold 50% of it's shipments?

selling 50% of the shipment isn't exactly fantastic, especially when it's one of the most popular franchise in the world and one of the highest-rated game on metacritic.

Around the Network
carlos710 said:
betacon said:
carlos710 said:
Excellent numbers for the Wii U. And Criminal girls is another Vita flop in japan, sad thing.

How is selling throuhg half it's shipment a flop? It was never going to do massive numbers

Come on people. If you want to see the Vita doing better go out and buy some games instead of making up wild excuses in forums.

I purchased 8 Vita games in the last 3 months so I did my part. Besides, Vita currently has more games in development than any other system in Japan, so Vita games must be just fine.

ryuzaki57 said:

I purchased 8 Vita games in the last 3 months so I did my part. Besides, Vita currently has more games in development than any other system in Japan, so Vita games must be just fine.

Were they greenlit during sales as low as they are now? If not, do you expect publishers to be greenlighting original, Vita exclusive games right now?

Nice boost for Wii U HW!! Still not great but at least it's at Vita levels which I think is still decent. Wonder if it can keep it up after the holidays.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Soleron said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Were they greenlit during sales as low as they are now? If not, do you expect publishers to be greenlighting original, Vita exclusive games right now?

Do you want the list?

Wii U doing surprisingly well given the lack of releases and I suspect that will continue over the holidays - however the release schedule is bare and that will hurt it in the beginning of next year.

MK8 will of course be a popular game, question is is that just by Wii U standards? I expect respectable sales but it will fall short of even Double Dash on GC I think - the install base simply isn't there

Vita staying afloat, DW8+XL a little disappointing, but then it is a late port of a game that many will have on PS3, especially the hardcore musou fans who I would imagine make up most of the audience for the expansions. That said, though I don't have the figures on me, I suspect that is much lower than DW:NEXT, which is concerning