By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales: Media Create; Famitsu & Dengeki Week 48 (Nov 25 - Dec 1)

pezus said:
Incubi said:
ElPresidente7 said:
Im so confused .. WiiU increased hardware sales ...
does that mean we will take a break from WiiU doom?!

The sales you see right now is the lowest you will see from WiiU in Japan for the rest of 2013:)

I predict the following WiiU sales moving forward:

Week ending dec 8: 40 000

Week ending dec 15: 65 000

Week ending dec 22: 90 000

Week ending dec 29: 150 000

And that is a worst case scenarioXD

How is that worst case? That's probably one of the best cases. Especially the two final weeks. I don't see it coming close to that.

Its based on historical trends for Nintendo home console hardware sales over the JPN holidays. Anecdotally, Japan GAF have also implied WiiU is gaining popularity and awareness - especially since Nintendo has started advertising the damn thing like crazy there these last couple of weeks. You dont see it coming close to that? Okey..

Around the Network

Such discrepancy between charts.....

.... I simply can´t take any of them seriously. Seems like MD is refusing to track WiiU games... Lol...

by the way, SM3DW didn´t drop so hard as expected. It may well have good legs as expected

Rogerioandrade said:

.... I simply can´t take any of them seriously. Seems like MD is refusing to track WiiU games... Lol...

by the way, SM3DW didn´t drop so hard as expected. It may well have good legs as expected

MC doesn't track download cards, which is why their Wii Party U and NSMBU numbers are so much lower compared to Famitsu.

Those WiiU are comforting. Vita TV is a disaster, maybe it will boost by ps4?

Incubi said:
ElPresidente7 said:
Im so confused .. WiiU increased hardware sales ...
does that mean we will take a break from WiiU doom?!

The sales you see right now is the lowest you will see from WiiU in Japan for the rest of 2013:)

I predict the following WiiU sales moving forward:

Week ending dec 8: 40 000

Week ending dec 15: 65 000

Week ending dec 22: 90 000

Week ending dec 29: 150 000

And that is a worst case scenarioXD

But the week ending dec 8 has dragon quest.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Incubi said:
pezus said:

How is that worst case? That's probably one of the best cases. Especially the two final weeks. I don't see it coming close to that.

Its based on historical trends for Nintendo home console hardware sales over the JPN holidays. Anecdotally, Japan GAF have also implied WiiU is gaining popularity and awareness - especially since Nintendo has started advertising the damn thing like crazy there these last couple of weeks. You dont see it coming close to that? Okey..

Yep. You can quote me on that.

WiiU doesn't follow historical trends, if that wasn't clear already

Believe me, i will. I will also bring this up in every upcoming media create chart troughout the rest of the year and laugh in your face. If i'm wrong i'll just do this:

:D

AlphaCielago said:
Can we assume that NSMBU is eating into SM3DW sales? I think it might be possible, since the game is bundled, either way, the drop wasn't nice.
Pokémon went up, which is a good thing :)

3D world's entire stock was 157K and it did 140K so far there is barely any stock to make sure that th drop is not large

bet with ash3336 he wins if Super Mario 3D World sells less than Mario Sunshine during the first three years, I win if 3D World outsells Sunshine's first 3 years. Loser get sig controlled for 3 months (punishment might change)

Do you doubt the WiiU? Do you believe that it won't match the GC?

Then come and accept this bet

Nintendo eShop USA sales ranking 2/12/2013 : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173615

pezus said:
Zero999 said:

Vita tv is PSP GO 2.0

It'll sell 5m this year alone.

what will sell 5m in what year?

spurgeonryan said:
Just over 100,000 3DS units sold. Come on Japan! Keep the holiday sales up!!!
Nothing too big this week though, but I would have still expected it to be up for the season. It is their holiday as well right?

You're back in your original skin?

Rogerioandrade said:

mc doesn't track download cards, famitsu does. those high numbers for wii party u and nsmbu are from download codes in the wii u bundle. that's why there's discrepancy.