By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales: Media Create; Famitsu & Dengeki Week 48 (Nov 25 - Dec 1)

RolStoppable said:
the_dengle said:
kopstudent89 said:
Why would anyone be surprised by Vita TV numbers? It's so pointless.

Do you remember what expectations were like back when it was announced? Some people thought it would outsell its portable companion in time.

I don't buy it.

I don't want to dig up the threads. I think it's best we leave them be in this instance.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
orniletter said:
ElPresidente7 said:
Im so confused .. WiiU increased hardware sales ...
does that mean we will take a break from WiiU doom?!

Of course not, Toastboy has at least 10 new ideas for new "Doomed"-threads at his fingertips :)

i think you meant hundreds of new words to express the same idea.

There are actually the same words just in different order

AlphaCielago said:
Can we assume that NSMBU is eating into SM3DW sales? I think it might be possible, since the game is bundled, either way, the drop wasn't nice.
Pokémon went up, which is a good thing :)

Interesting observation/idea.

I don't think NSMB U is eating into 3DW sales, I just think Japan (like the rest of the world) are just more fond of 2D Marios. Despite the (much) higher production values, freshness, and love given to 3D Marios 2D always trumps it.

Vita TV looks like a bomb. Wii U near 30k is surprising to see.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

carlos710 said:

So low shipments are the excuse for flopping now ? ROFL

I guess thats why the Virtual Boy didn't sold hundreds of millions. It shipped less than what it should in those years.

Come on people. If you want to see the Vita doing better go out and buy some games instead of making up wild excuses in forums.

Acevil said:

Sorry but that is no excuse, that just means that it had low expectations. Add: Given I don't much about the title, or who made it, haven't been following titles that I don't know if it will make it here or not..

The PSP version of this game sold ~17k FW.  Criminal Girls Invitation is a remake of that title with a couple of new characters and a bit of new content added.

I have to wonder what the hell your expectations were for it.  Selling more than the title its a remake of (with digital) isn't exactly a flop.  It's not a roaring success, either but still.  If "selling the same as the previous title" = massive flop, then we should be calling Mirai 2 a massive flop as well.

And besides, there's better things to be analyzing this week than this (if anything I'd be looking at why Dynasty Warriors massively under-performed on Vita; not Criminal Girls).

Sooooooooo 3D world has given the Wii U a pretty sizable bump. I think they were only selling 16k per week before it came out and now they are at 28k and the number 1 selling console. These US numbers should be really interesting between Black Friday and SM3DW, I would'nt be shocked if the Wii U moved 200k last week in the US.

Around the Network

How is LR still above 3D World?

Edit: Wii U HW did quite well this week though.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

Why would it not be?

forest-spirit said:
outlawauron said:

Why would it not be?

Because one is a console FF, where you expect 90% FW drops (and not to mention it's from the seemingly loathed FF13 series), and the other is a Mario game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
forest-spirit said:
outlawauron said:

Why would it not be?

Because one is a console FF, where you expect 90% FW drops and the other is a Mario game.

I don't know, looking at how FFXIII, FFXIII-2, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 performed, and considering the FW's of 3DWorld and LR I believe LR > 3DWorld was to be expected.

Kresnik said:
benao87 said:
Kresnik said:

Lightning hasn't actually dropped like a rock, which is something different for the series at least. Criminal Girls & Dynasty Warriors Vita not so hot though. Nor Assassin's Creed for that matter. Or Toriko and Kamen Rider.

78% (MC)/ 82% (Famitsu) is still a high drop, but I'd say that it can be like FFXIII-2 when a lot of people realized it wasn't a bad game, and got it on week 2.

Oh, definitely.  But don't JRPG's like this normally drop like ~90%+ FW?  Noticably less than that.

You're right, most of them are very front loaded and a drop in the range of 85% is always expected. However, I reckon that after the bad reception FFXIII got, people reacted differently to FFXIII-2, and I guess the same applies to LR. According to VGC, the first one had a 1.4 FW, and sold 179k the second week, a 87% drop; FFXIII-2 on the other hand, 538k FW, then sold 119k on the second week, a 79% drop.

Acevil said:
kopstudent89 said:
Why would anyone be surprised by Vita TV numbers? It's so pointless.

I wanted one! T_T

I reckon you can still get one. I do expect Sony to release it on Europe and NA.

I wonder, where did the PSPGo were first released?

outlawauron said:

Edit: Wii U HW did quite well this week though.

I guess you are right, expecting 3D World to outsell LR, but it will take some time. More than just one week.