By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could Nintendo's VGX Reveal be the premier trailer for Zelda U?

Pavolink said:
JGarret said:
^ Maybe a new IP, the type no one expects from "a Nintendo game".

Like TW101? Well it could be. Something new enough to get coverage, but not as big as Zelda U and save it for future ND.

Whether it´s fair or not, you know Nintendo games are usually associated with 'bright, colorful, cartoony', so for them to show up on VGX, speaking to an audience that´s associated with the complete opposite, might hint Nintendo has "an anti Nintendo" game in the works, the kind of game that pushes the right buttons for the gamers who turn their nose up at Nintendo´s traditional offerings.

They had Eternal Darkness, REmake, RE0 and RE4 but they didn´t really help the Gamecube, but hey, if the Wii U is the Gamecube reincarnated :P

Around the Network

Haven' they been rebuying old trademarks for Eternal Darkness ?

Maybe Nintendo's lack of support of Shadow of the Eternals, means they have an Eternal Darkness in the works ?

FrancisNobleman said:
Haven' they been rebuying old trademarks for Eternal Darkness ?

Maybe Nintendo's lack of support of Shadow of the Eternals, means they have an Eternal Darkness in the works ?

I don't think anyone has a reason to support Shadow of the Eternals...

Speaking of which, I totally forgot about that game...

Is it still a thing???

Have a nice day...

I would love to say yes, but given how long it's taken Nintendo to get Wii U software and home console Zelda games out, I'm going to say "no". I'm expecting a trailer, and at best, a solid release date for a previously announced game like Mario Kart or X. At worst, a new trailer for Donkey Kong.

I would dearly love to be proved wrong.

ash3336 said:

Hear me out.

1. Zelda U was apparently ready to show at E3 2013 but they decided to not show it, in order to not draw attention away from games that are releasing this year. All the Nintendo games for this year have now been released and it is an ideal time to reveal new software. In a matter of 5 extra months, development must have gotten to a stage where it is in a stage to WOW the audience.

2. Wii U is not in an ideal position looking forward. It is lacking a buzz that other consoles naturally have due to being newer machines. Zelda U's premiere could be the kickstart to an amazing year that Wii U has in front of it. Just the talks amongst people will get gamers excited for Wii U in the holidays and set the stage for the upcoming year. It makes sense as a business decision for Nintendo and for gamers.

3. VGX formerly known as VGA Awards mostly showcases premier trailers of many anticipated games in the industry. Uncharted 2, 3 are perfect examples. They wouldn't let a single character release go against full video game announcements. This announcement will be big. Even if it is not Zelda, it will be a brand new game that we haven't heard of before. The signs just point towards Zelda.

You might say that Iwata has said previously that Zelda will be shown at E3 2014 but that doesn't mean that a preview, or even a teaser will not be shown earlier. Heck all console Zelda games in recent history minus Twilight Princess had some sort of teaser shown before the actual game release. This could mean either a CG Trailer or an ingame footage- I'm betting on a combination of both.

So what do you think? Agree with me or dump on my thoughts?

If we wanted to be extremely optimistic, we could also point out to some other factors in favour of this prediction:

1) Iwata refused to allow Wind Waker extra time for development, insisting it release at the end of 2002 in time for the year end sales season in Japan. Given the commercial pressure and consumer apathy facing Wii U, Iwata may make a similar decision and insist that Zelda Wii U be released at the end of 2014.

2) Iwata, following Skyward Sword's prolonged development cycle, challenged the Zelda team to release a new home console Zelda within three years of the release of Skyward Sword. This would support late 2014.

I'm not expecting you to be right, but I thought I'd throw some support some way. I'm too used to getting hyped for a Nintendo announcement to be hyped for this, but hey, Nintendo need to give their fans some faith and the broader market some excitement, so who knows?

Around the Network

It's going to be Miyamoto's first person shooter:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117898-Shigeru-Miyamoto-Wants-to-Make-an-FPS

Maybe...

Aielyn said:
...X is a bigger possibility, in my opinion, but I don't think it'll be that, either. A real possibility is Bayonetta 2, although I'm not sure what the Video Game awards could do for Bayonetta 2 that E3 2013 didn't do....

A new trailer WITH a release date could do wonders for both of those games. Right now a lot of games are coming for the Wii U in 2014, but nobody knows when except for "DKCTF in february and Mario Kart 8 in spring".

I would love for Metroid or Zelda, but I don't want to get hyped.

I think the 3DS needs more lifting. Nintendo shows a brand new big mature IP for the 3DS!

WiiU sells itself. The people just need to understand the gamepad.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

ash3336 said:
Do you guys know what "World Premiere" means?

It means reveal of either a previously announced game that hasn't been shown to the public OR an unnannounced game. Either way, it means something we haven't seen before. This means all the games shown at January Direct or E3 are out of the possibility curve.

At this point, Fire Emblem with SMT Crossover is more likely than DK:TF and Smash Character Reveal.

I AM PUMPED FOR ZELDA. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Yes.

Do you know what company is presenting the world premiere and what it means to them versus their fanbase or the video game industry?