By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could Nintendo's VGX Reveal be the premier trailer for Zelda U?

It could be, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

That would be the smart thing to do.

Ergo, Nintendo won't do it.

flagstaad said:
Aielyn said:
...X is a bigger possibility, in my opinion, but I don't think it'll be that, either. A real possibility is Bayonetta 2, although I'm not sure what the Video Game awards could do for Bayonetta 2 that E3 2013 didn't do....

A new trailer WITH a release date could do wonders for both of those games. Right now a lot of games are coming for the Wii U in 2014, but nobody knows when except for "DKCTF in february and Mario Kart 8 in spring".

True, trailer + release date for either game would be great... but I can't see the benefit of doing it at VGX, rather than as a Nintendo Direct. The people who would be interested in Bayonetta 2 are already aware of it, and mostly the same is true of X. So a Nintendo Direct would be sufficient to grab their attention.

What's more, both Bayonetta 2 and X are angled a little more towards Japanese audiences (and thus would benefit from an announcement that happens worldwide), while VGX is an American thing. I expect that Nintendo are making an appearance at VGX to show off something specifically geared towards American audiences. Part of me thinks it'll be an FPS, something that might go toe-to-toe with Halo/CoD/etc.

Aielyn said:

True, trailer + release date for either game would be great... but I can't see the benefit of doing it at VGX, rather than as a Nintendo Direct. The people who would be interested in Bayonetta 2 are already aware of it, and mostly the same is true of X. So a Nintendo Direct would be sufficient to grab their attention.

What's more, both Bayonetta 2 and X are angled a little more towards Japanese audiences (and thus would benefit from an announcement that happens worldwide), while VGX is an American thing. I expect that Nintendo are making an appearance at VGX to show off something specifically geared towards American audiences. Part of me thinks it'll be an FPS, something that might go toe-to-toe with Halo/CoD/etc.

You will be surprised, both of the original games sold way better in the American market:

Bayonetta: 880k in America, 220k in Japan

Xenoblade: 400k in America, 160k in Japan

Also MANY people don't know about X, hell the game don't even have a definitive name, and it looks "mature" enough to interest the people who watch this channel.

it could be the world premier of Reggie's mii on SSB..... that narcissistic prick!

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
I think the 3DS needs more lifting. Nintendo shows a brand new big mature IP for the 3DS!

WiiU sells itself. The people just need to understand the gamepad.

Oh people understand it alright, there is just no reason why they would want it. No game that sets it apart as a great feature, and alot of people already own real tablets.

flagstaad said:
Aielyn said:

You will be surprised, both of the original games sold way better in the American market:

Bayonetta: 880k in America, 220k in Japan

Xenoblade: 400k in America, 160k in Japan

Also MANY people don't know about X, hell the game don't even have a definitive name, and it looks "mature" enough to interest the people who watch this channel.

You make a good point, X would be a great candidate for this event; a new epic trailer, story details, etc.

If only Nintendo were that in touch with their audience here...