By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Blackbond and Jason Rubin Tell It Like It Is About Wii U

Panicnausia said:
Metallicube said:
Panicnausia said:
Metallicube said:

And who the hell made him god of the industry? Let the consumers decide if it's irreverent. It sure as hell isn't to me, as I just bought one, and have no plans on buying the overpriced machines from Sony or MS (which collectively have MAYBE one game worth checking out) until at least 2016.

Stating his educated opinion, when he worked in the industry means he thinks he is a gods??? He is right, the writing is on the wall. Even the biggest nintendo fan must see this. He certainly knows more then you about the topic.

399 over priced for a launch console??? Sure bud. Thats not much money.

Still too early to proclaim Wii U doom, anyone jumping the gun on this, I can only conclude WISHES the Wii U to fail, because it is simply too early and we just do not have enough data yet..

Yes, Wii U won't go anywhere near Wii sales, but I firmly believe they can still achieve SNES level of sales/success, depending on whether or not Nintendo decides to lean more in the direction of releasing more Wii-type titles, rather than Gamecube-types, which they seem to be trending towards lately. We also have yet to see Wii U on the market during a christmas in which they actually have a somewhat viable library..

So we have to see how these Wii titles will pick up sales. If they don't (talking of games like Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, DKC, etc) THEN I'll be ready to doom the Wii U to N64/Gamecube/Dreamcast status. But we're not there yet.. But keep on hopin, haters! ;)

Yeah, not too much, until you factor in tax, at least one $60 game, $50 extra controllers, and the yearly fee for online services.. Yeah you're right, it totally makes sense to spend upwards of $600 - $700 on a console that currently has one halfway decent platformer, a generic exclusive shooter, and a pretty solid FPS but can be found on virtually every other platform.

Your post makes ZERO sense.. people do not buy a console at launch for just for launch games, I just listed a huge list of big games for 2014, for nexct gen....Sony has a long history of great first party games and third party support..thats what peopel are buying. Third partry support is one of the big issuesNintendo faces. People know buy an x1 or PS4, the games are coming.

Also, consumers are deciding it is worth buying x1 and PS4, not wii-u, the world does not revolve around metallicube,

Well it should dammit! ;)

I dunno, I don't get the big deal of third parties. As I've said before, most third party games are VASTLY overrated, and Nintendo titles run circles around them, with the exception of a select few like Capcom, Blizzard, Bethesda, a bit of Sega.. And Sony first party stuff just does not do it for me, way way too heavy on the cut-scenes, and dialogue and not enough substance. The games are also far too linear, which I guess is why I love Bethesda's stuff so much.

Even PS3 currently still has about 3 exclusive games that somewhat peak my interest.. Sad how far our standards have fallen :(

Also, I think it's pretty dumb to buy a console based on possible FUTURE quality games, games that have yet to even be made.. That's putting a lot of faith in developers. And yes, this includes Nintendo consoles. 

Around the Network

didnt read the OP
just wanted to know when we started talking about some fucktard youtubers on here?

Metallicube said:
Panicnausia said:

Your post makes ZERO sense.. people do not buy a console at launch for just for launch games, I just listed a huge list of big games for 2014, for nexct gen....Sony has a long history of great first party games and third party support..thats what peopel are buying. Third partry support is one of the big issuesNintendo faces. People know buy an x1 or PS4, the games are coming.

Also, consumers are deciding it is worth buying x1 and PS4, not wii-u, the world does not revolve around metallicube,

I dunno, I don't get the big deal of third parties. As I've said before, most third party games are VASTLY overrated, and Nintendo titles run circles around them, with the exception of a select few like Capcom, Blizzard, Bethesda, a bit of Sega.. And Sony first party stuff just does not do it for me, way way too heavy on the cut-scenes, and dialogue and not enough substance. The games are also far too linear, which I guess is why I love Bethesda's stuff so much.

Even PS3 currently still has about 3 exclusive games that somewhat peak my interest.. Sad how far our standards have fallen :(

Also, I think it's pretty dumb to buy a console based on possible FUTURE quality games, games that have yet to even be made.. That's putting a lot of faith in developers. And yes, this includes Nintendo consoles. 

Again the world does not revolve around you, consumers have spoken loud and clear. Most of the best games the last 10 years have been from third party developers.  No one can be sucessfull with third party support. Infamous was linear? Journey? Demons Souls? Funny because most of nitendo games are linear. Either eay what you think of said games is irrelevant. like you said it's up to the consumer to decide and they are.

Other then 1 or 2 games I totally disagree, most third party games are way betetr then anything on a nintendo consoles. Nintendo games have not evolved.

PS: Every games does not need to be open world, TLOU was brilliant and it is fairly linear, as was uncharted 2.

Then there is the issue of nintendos poor online services, no unified account system, etc....

You might want to look in the mirror before saying standards have fallen.

bananaking21 said: anyways this thread will blow up. im sure many will attack him without even watching the video

I did watch the video and i also watched the comments he made at live bonus round at E3. He seems to have some kind of problem with Nintendo hardware. He is a multi millionaire and he refuses to buy their hardware yet saying they make some of the best games. 

Also why don't they ever bring the big losses Sony and Microsoft incurred in their gaming divisions. Recent statements by analyst and shareholders about their disdain for xbox division and the amount of money lost on ps3 during 2006-2009 is barely ever brought up. Why never ask Microsoft to put ports of Halo on Sony and Nintendo products and similarly for Sony to put their properties on other platforms. It's always Nintendo for some reason. 

I don't want show favoritism to any platform but such negativity towards this one company by entire gaming media and industry is astounding and puzzling. 

EdHieron said:
Metallicube said:

And who the hell made him god of the industry? Let the consumers decide if it's irreverent. It sure as hell isn't to me, as I just bought one, and have no plans on buying the overpriced machines from Sony or MS (which collectively have MAYBE one game worth checking out) until at least 2016.

Titanfall and Infamous are coming out in March. And the consumers are already deciding with 3D Mario only selling 250,000 copies in North America in its first week, finishing below Knack in the UK and coming in seventh in its second week in Japan. Note: Final Fantasy Lightning Returns topped it in its first week in Japan.

It was more like one and a half days not a full week so we will wait and see the sales numbers for next week. Also if by some Sony fanboy miracle it did manage to sell 250k in a week why is that a bad thing for a Mario game? Mario will always be a very good seller over a console's lifespan "deal with it" Sony practically gave up on the Vita and turned their back on their loyal supporters by turning the handheld into a secondary controller and saying themselves they are focusing on it for remote play instead of making games for it. Lets see which company goes third party first....I dont give Sony that much more time before they sell some more buildings.

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
didnt read the OP
just wanted to know when we started talking about some fucktard youtubers on here?

when someone on youtube uploaded a video we agreed with of course!

Also have you tried to actually comment on youtube since the update? hmmmm Google+ no thank you, I'd rather people link to the vids off sites and we can comment here heh.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Panicnausia said:
Metallicube said:
Panicnausia said:

Again the world does not revolve around you, consumers have spoken loud and clear. Most of the best games the last 10 years have been from third party developers.  No one can be sucessfull with third party support. Infamous was linear? Journey?Funny because most of nitendo games are linear. Either eay what you think of said games is irrelevant. like you said it's up to the consumer to decide and they are.

Other then 1 or 2 games I totally disagree, most third party games are way betetr then anything on a nintendo consoles. Nintendo games have not evolved.

PS: Every games does not need to be open world, TLOU was brilliant and it is fairly linear, as was uncharted 2.

Then there is the issue of nintendos poor online services, no unified account system, etc....

You might want to look in the mirror before saying standards have fallen.

I'll give ya the account system, that does bug me. The online is inferior, but it's also free, so I can't complain too much.

Consumers have spoken on the Wii U based on its first year, which was piss poor compared to late this year and 2014. Let's wait and see what that does to sales..

My standards are quite high actually, which is why I only buy roughly 5-6 games per year on average, most of which come from the game developer that's miles ahead in quality compared to most others ;). Most games don't even deserve at $40 price tag, let alone a $60 one, even Nintendo titles.

The game industry needs Nintendo more than Nintendo needs it. Just wish Nintendo would realize this.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

keroncoward said:
EdHieron said:
Metallicube said:

Titanfall and Infamous are coming out in March. And the consumers are already deciding with 3D Mario only selling 250,000 copies in North America in its first week, finishing below Knack in the UK and coming in seventh in its second week in Japan. Note: Final Fantasy Lightning Returns topped it in its first week in Japan.

It was more like one and a half days not a full week so we will wait and see the sales numbers for next week. Also if by some Sony fanboy miracle it did manage to sell 250k in a week why is that a bad thing for a Mario game? Mario will always be a very good seller over a console's lifespan "deal with it" Sony practically gave up on the Vita and turned their back on their loyal supporters by turning the handheld into a secondary controller and saying themselves they are focusing on it for remote play instead of making games for it. Lets see which company goes third party first....I dont give Sony that much more time before they sell some more buildings.

Tehy never once said they were focusing only on remote play and not making anymore games for vitsa..please.

Didn't this guy help run THQ into the ground?