By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Blackbond and Jason Rubin Tell It Like It Is About Wii U

H.E.R. said:
Didn't this guy help run THQ into the ground?

he didnt have time to do shit, he had no time to save them, simple as that. THQ was done before he came. 

Around the Network
Panicnausia said:
Metallicube said:

And who the hell made him god of the industry? Let the consumers decide if it's irreverent. It sure as hell isn't to me, as I just bought one, and have no plans on buying the overpriced machines from Sony or MS (which collectively have MAYBE one game worth checking out) until at least 2016.

One game checking out until 2016.......serously??

2014 alone:

Infamous

Uncharted

Titanfall

The order

The Division

Watch Dogs

Dragon Age inquisition

Drive Club

Destiny

Quantum Break

The Crew

Thief

The Witcher 3

to name a few.

Why thank you, good sir. Quite an interesting list of games to sustain me next year.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Arius Dion said:
The game industry needs Nintendo more than Nintendo needs it. Just wish Nintendo would realize this.

They seemed to realize it with the Wii.. Unforunately, they forgot with the Wii U. Perhaps they will remember again with their next console. I hope so anyway.

When Nintendo tries to go along with what the industry does/wants, both the quality and sales suffer tremendously. When they flip the bird to the industry and go their own way, they end up with phenomenons like the NES and Wii..

Also, Panicnausia: I meant during launch

H.E.R. said:
Didn't this guy help run THQ into the ground?

Uhhhh ... no. The ship was already sinking, and fast, by the time he got there. I would only fault him for making DLC for SR3 into SR4. That could have brought serious revenues to the company. However, it still likely would have gone under.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Metallicube said:
Arius Dion said:
The game industry needs Nintendo more than Nintendo needs it. Just wish Nintendo would realize this.

They seemed to realize it with the Wii.. Unforunately, they forgot with the Wii U. Perhaps they will remember again with their next console. I hope so anyway.

When Nintendo tries to go along with what the industry does/wants, both the quality and sales suffer tremendously. When they flip the bird to the industry and go their own way, they end up with phenomenons like the NES and Wii..

Also, Panicnausia: I meant during launch

Totally wrong, the N64, gamecube were totally against what develpers and the industry wanted, and look where it got them.  Third parties started leaving. The wii was a 1 time fad that started fading in 2010.  The game industry was not much of an industry in the NES days, totally different then it is now.

Also how os the wii-u want the industry wanted?? No one wanted an under powered tablet controller game system. PS4 is what devs and the industry wanted.

Around the Network
Panicnausia said:
keroncoward said:
EdHieron said:
Metallicube said:

And who the hell made him god of the industry? Let the consumers decide if it's irreverent. It sure as hell isn't to me, as I just bought one, and have no plans on buying the overpriced machines from Sony or MS (which collectively have MAYBE one game worth checking out) until at least 2016.

Titanfall and Infamous are coming out in March. And the consumers are already deciding with 3D Mario only selling 250,000 copies in North America in its first week, finishing below Knack in the UK and coming in seventh in its second week in Japan. Note: Final Fantasy Lightning Returns topped it in its first week in Japan.

It was more like one and a half days not a full week so we will wait and see the sales numbers for next week. Also if by some Sony fanboy miracle it did manage to sell 250k in a week why is that a bad thing for a Mario game? Mario will always be a very good seller over a console's lifespan "deal with it" Sony practically gave up on the Vita and turned their back on their loyal supporters by turning the handheld into a secondary controller and saying themselves they are focusing on it for remote play instead of making games for it. Lets see which company goes third party first....I dont give Sony that much more time before they sell some more buildings.

Tehy never once said they were focusing only on remote play and not making anymore games for vitsa..please.

I do recall in an interview where they said the majority of their studios and resources are focused on making PS4 games. Its also ovbious how they are trying to market the Vita now that they introduced Vita TV and constantly mention remote play feature whenever a journalist ask about the Vita.

Weedlab said:
Panicnausia said:
Metallicube said:

One game checking out until 2016.......serously??

2014 alone:

Infamous

Uncharted

Titanfall

The order

The Division

Watch Dogs

Dragon Age inquisition

Drive Club

Destiny

Quantum Break

The Crew

Thief

The Witcher 3

to name a few.

Why thank you, good sir. Quite an interesting list of games to sustain me next year.

Uncharted 4, Halo 5 and the Exclusive to Xbox One ( I think ) Halo television program could be coming in 2014 as well.

keroncoward said:
Panicnausia said:
keroncoward said:
EdHieron said:
Metallicube said:

Titanfall and Infamous are coming out in March. And the consumers are already deciding with 3D Mario only selling 250,000 copies in North America in its first week, finishing below Knack in the UK and coming in seventh in its second week in Japan. Note: Final Fantasy Lightning Returns topped it in its first week in Japan.

It was more like one and a half days not a full week so we will wait and see the sales numbers for next week. Also if by some Sony fanboy miracle it did manage to sell 250k in a week why is that a bad thing for a Mario game? Mario will always be a very good seller over a console's lifespan "deal with it" Sony practically gave up on the Vita and turned their back on their loyal supporters by turning the handheld into a secondary controller and saying themselves they are focusing on it for remote play instead of making games for it. Lets see which company goes third party first....I dont give Sony that much more time before they sell some more buildings.

Tehy never once said they were focusing only on remote play and not making anymore games for vitsa..please.

I do recall in an interview where they said the majority of their studios and resources are focused on making PS4 games. Its also ovbious how they are trying to market the Vita now that they introduced Vita TV and constantly mention remote play feature whenever a journalist ask about the Vita.

They said their big teams are moving from PS3 to PS4, other teams will still focus on vita... Advertising newly added functionality doesn;t mean everything else gets ignored... Of couse they will focus on what they have recently added. GAmes are still coming.

kitler53 said:
curl-6 said:

So the 3DS and PS3 are irrelevant? They did poorly early on.

"poor" is a relative term.  so let's put some perspective on that subjective word.

wiiiU = ps3 / 2.1

wiiU = 3DS / 3.3

...and that divisor is growing every week.

But poor early sales don't necessarily consign a console to irrelevancy. It is too early to rule Wii U as a failure, it's biggest games aren't out yet and it's still too expensive to hit the lower income and casual markets.