By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Blackbond and Jason Rubin Tell It Like It Is About Wii U

Metallicube said:

And who the hell made him god of the industry? Let the consumers decide if it's irreverent. It sure as hell isn't to me, as I just bought one, and have no plans on buying the overpriced machines from Sony or MS (which collectively have MAYBE one game worth checking out) until at least 2016.

they did.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
Metallicube said:

And who the hell made him god of the industry? Let the consumers decide if it's irreverent. It sure as hell isn't to me, as I just bought one, and have no plans on buying the overpriced machines from Sony or MS (which collectively have MAYBE one game worth checking out) until at least 2016.

they did.

So the 3DS and PS3 are irrelevant? They did poorly early on.

all aboard the doom thread....

CHOO CHOOOOO

Edit, should point out I think the wiiu is in a bad spot atm, but it's launch was okie and there is no hardware issues in the first year so at least they made a decent system, just needs to find it's place in the home like the wii did.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Panicnausia said:
Metallicube said:

Stating his educated opinion, when he worked in the industry means he thinks he is a gods??? He is right, the writing is on the wall. Even the biggest nintendo fan must see this. He certainly knows more then you about the topic.

399 over priced for a launch console??? Sure bud. Thats not much money.

Still too early to proclaim Wii U doom, anyone jumping the gun on this, I can only conclude WISHES the Wii U to fail, because it is simply too early and we just do not have enough data yet..

Yes, Wii U won't go anywhere near Wii sales, but I firmly believe they can still achieve SNES level of sales/success, depending on whether or not Nintendo decides to lean more in the direction of releasing more Wii-type titles, rather than Gamecube-types, which they seem to be trending towards lately. We also have yet to see Wii U on the market during a christmas in which they actually have a somewhat viable library..

So we have to see how these Wii titles will pick up sales. If they don't (talking of games like Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, Wii Sports Club, Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, DKC, etc) THEN I'll be ready to doom the Wii U to N64/Gamecube/Dreamcast status. But we're not there yet.. But keep on hopin, haters! ;)

Yeah, not too much, until you factor in tax, at least one $60 game, $50 extra controllers, and the yearly fee for online services.. Yeah you're right, it totally makes sense to spend upwards of $600 - $700 on a console that currently has one halfway decent platformer, a generic exclusive shooter, and a pretty solid FPS but can be found on virtually every other platform.

curl-6 said:
Ah yes, the mandatory daily blah blah Nintendo iz domed!!1one! blah blah thread.

at least 3 every day

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
Metallicube said:
Panicnausia said:
Metallicube said:

Stating his educated opinion, when he worked in the industry means he thinks he is a gods??? He is right, the writing is on the wall. Even the biggest nintendo fan must see this. He certainly knows more then you about the topic.

Still too early to proclaim Wii U doom, anyone jumping the gun on this, I can only conclude WISHES the Wii U to fail, because it is simply too early and we just do not have enough data yet..

Yes, Wii U won't go anywhere near Wii sales, but I firmly believe they can still achieve SNES level of sales/success, depending on whether or not Nintendo decides to lean more in the direction of releasing more Wii-type titles, rather than Gamecube-types, which they seem to be trending towards lately. We also have yet to see Wii U on the market during a christmas in which they actually have a somewhat viable library..

So we have to see how these Wii titles will pick up sales. If they don't (talking of games like Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, DKC, etc) THEN I'll be ready to doom the Wii U to N64/Gamecube/Dreamcast status. But we're not there yet.. But keep on hopin, haters! ;)

Yeah, not too much, until you factor in tax, at least one $60 game, $50 extra controllers, and the yearly fee for online services.. Yeah you're right, it totally makes sense to spend upwards of $600 - $700 on a console that currently has one halfway decent platformer, a generic exclusive shooter, and a pretty solid FPS but can be found on virtually every other platform.

Your post makes ZERO sense.. people do not buy a console at launch for just for launch games, I just listed a huge list of big games for 2014, for nexct gen....Sony has a long history of great first party games and third party support..thats what peopel are buying. Third partry support is one of the big issuesNintendo faces. People know buy an x1 or PS4, the games are coming.

Also, consumers are deciding it is worth buying x1 and PS4, not wii-u, the world does not revolve around metallicube,

yeah i saw the vid a day or two ago. i dont think i agree with him. nintendo is irrelevant in the console market? no. have they been irrelevant this past year with the WiiU? maybe. depends on how he means it. he didnt clarify, is he talking about just the WiiU? or nintendo in general now days?

anyways this thread will blow up. im sure many will attack him without even watching the video

EdHieron said:

Blackbond and Jason Rubin tell it like it is  ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiqVWV_ueHY ) about Nintendo's Wii U.  The console is completely irrelevant to the Dedicated Console Industry.  And their irrelevancy is hurting their franchises.  Look at the pitiful sales of the latest installment of their biggest Cash Cow Mario across the globe.  Especially coming in after the PS3's Knack ( even though the game isn't getting the respect it deserves ) in the UK and coming in 7th in its second week in the latest game sales forecast from Japan.

Personally, I only see two ways that Nintendo could be relevant to the console industry.   One would be to drop the Wii U entirely and become a third party developer and the other would be to drop the price of Wii U to $199.00.  I've been criticized for suggesting that Nintendo drop the price of Wii U to $199, but it just isn't at a suitable price point at $299 versus the third party support and the technology under the hoods of PS4 and Xbox One.

Really while lagging far behind the 8th Gen consoles in specs the Wii U is only a step up from the 7th Gen consoles in power.  And the more expensive versions of PS3 and Xbox 360 ( the $250 models ) come with decent sized hard drives in comparison to the Wii U ( which doesn't even have a hard drive at all ( even back in the 1980s I remember my dad talking about the difference between our PC and my Nintendo Entertainment System.  He said, "One way you can tell the difference between a toy and a real computer is that a toy doesn't have a hard drive.  In that respect, Nintendo hasn't evolved since the 1980s ) justifying a more expensive price tag for them than for the Wii U.

If Nintendo hopes to have any chance of remaining relevant in the console industry, they really need to cut the price of Wii U to half of that of PS4 or its going to be left in the dust in the 8th Gen and lead to Nintendo being a 3rd party developer at least where dedicated home video game consoles are concerned.

ok... Can we wait until we get financial reports to see who has the healthiest business? The wiiU is probably going to selling less than other consoles, but as long as nintendo is able to make profits out of their consoles they will be fine.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Metallicube said:
Panicnausia said:
Metallicube said:

So we have to see how these Wii titles will pick up sales. If they don't (talking of games like Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, Wii Sports Club, Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, DKC, etc) THEN I'll be ready to doom the Wii U to N64/Gamecube/Dreamcast status. But we're not there yet.. But keep on hopin, haters! ;)

Yeah, not too much, until you factor in tax, at least one $60 game, $50 extra controllers, and the yearly fee for online services.. Yeah you're right, it totally makes sense to spend upwards of $600 - $700 on a console that currently has one halfway decent platformer, a generic exclusive shooter, and a pretty solid FPS " but can be found on virtually every other platform  ".

Except Wii U.

curl-6 said:
kitler53 said:
Metallicube said:

they did.

So the 3DS and PS3 are irrelevant? They did poorly early on.

"poor" is a relative term.  so let's put some perspective on that subjective word.

wiiiU = ps3 / 2.1

wiiU = 3DS / 3.3

...and that divisor is growing every week.