By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Blackbond and Jason Rubin Tell It Like It Is About Wii U

STRYKIE said:
ninetailschris said:
Panicnausia said:
Metallicube said:

And who the hell made him god of the industry? Let the consumers decide if it's irreverent. It sure as hell isn't to me, as I just bought one, and have no plans on buying the overpriced machines from Sony or MS (which collectively have MAYBE one game worth checking out) until at least 2016.

One game checking out until 2016.......serously??

2014 alone:

Infamous

Uncharted

Titanfall

The order

The Division

Watch Dogs

Dragon Age inquisition

Drive Club

Destiny

Quantum Break

The Crew

Thief

The Witcher 3

to name a few.

He could have a PC were he would get half of those games. Plus Sony exclusive don't sell neary the level of third Party. Most people find there games irrelevant.

Although he certainly wouldn't be able to use a Wii U for any of them either.

The thing is, you're right, 3rd party > 1st party, and that's the fundamental problem, Nintendo is the only one here trying to play devil's advocate.

You wouldnt be able to use a single platform to play all of them either and watchdogs is on Wii U.

I always find it amusing that when people talk about games, they always have to use the game library from 2 competing consoles to make the Wii U look bad.

Like I could make the PS4 look really bad by comparing its library to PC and Wii u combined.

However nobody ever does that as most people are not that desperate

Also dont get mad about the valid point about Sony games. For a console with an install base of 80 million, few 1st party games achieve sales about 5 million without being bundled and or heavily discounted. Look at Last of us. its supposedly one of the best games of last generation yet its sales are extremely poor compared to SMG the other great game of last generation.

Around the Network

He did, however, praise the company for its games and development. "There is no developer, as a developer, I can say there is no developer that will ever be Miyamoto. It is a crime that we do not play those games on the systems that we have - as a community."

So he wants to play the games but doesn't want to shell out a few hundred bux on his huge salary to play them. So why the fuck should use regular gamers buy all the consoles in order to enjoy all games, considering we earn much less than him?

It is a crime that he doesn't buy the console to enjoy the games not the otherway around.

Cobretti2 said: So he wants to play the games but doesn't want to shell out a few hundred bux on his huge salary to play them. So why the fuck should use regular gamers buy all the consoles in order to enjoy all games, considering we earn much less than him?

At the E3 version of this show he had similiar sentiments. He was saying he wants his 5 year daughter to enjoy Nintendo games but that is just not going to happen unless they put them on mobile or psxbo. These millionaires spend $200-300 on bottle of liqor sometimes but can't afford to buy a $200 device for their kid. How are we suppose to take him seriously. 

I don't get it. *shrugs*

ListerOfSmeg said:
STRYKIE said:
ninetailschris said:
Panicnausia said:
Metallicube said:

And who the hell made him god of the industry? Let the consumers decide if it's irreverent. It sure as hell isn't to me, as I just bought one, and have no plans on buying the overpriced machines from Sony or MS (which collectively have MAYBE one game worth checking out) until at least 2016.

2014 alone:

Infamous

Uncharted

Titanfall

The order

The Division

Watch Dogs

Dragon Age inquisition

Drive Club

Destiny

Quantum Break

The Crew

Thief

The Witcher 3

to name a few.

He could have a PC were he would get half of those games. Plus Sony exclusive don't sell neary the level of third Party. Most people find there games irrelevant.

Although he certainly wouldn't be able to use a Wii U for any of them either.

The thing is, you're right, 3rd party > 1st party, and that's the fundamental problem, Nintendo is the only one here trying to play devil's advocate.

You wouldnt be able to use a single platform to play all of them either and watchdogs is on Wii U.

I always find it amusing that when people talk about games, they always have to use the game library from 2 competing consoles to make the Wii U look bad.

Like I could make the PS4 look really bad by comparing its library to PC and Wii u combined.

However nobody ever does that as most people are not that desperate

Also dont get mad about the valid point about Sony games. For a console with an install base of 80 million, few 1st party games achieve sales about 5 million without being bundled and or heavily discounted. Look at Last of us. its supposedly one of the best games of last generation yet its sales are extremely poor compared to SMG the other great game of last generation.

Bolded 1: No, the only thing that looks bad is downplaying the prestige of multiplatform games because they aren't exclusive to anything, and apologists forcing themselves to play every last game that just so happens to be exclusive to a system that under alternative circumstances, they wouldn't give a shit about. Hands up, who here would still play Bayonetta 2 if it were an XB1/PS4 game? Anybody?

Bolded 2: I'm confused, on both fronts, where did I get mad about whatever point about Sony games? Some of Sony's games on PS3 have sold better than their respective predecessors on PS2, a system with almost double the install base, honestly, I don't get it?

Yay Wii U doom threads!

Don't you guys find it boring to do this on a daily basis?

OT: If the Wii U turns out like the Gamecube, fine by me. GC had a lot of epic games.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
kitler53 said:
Metallicube said:

they did.

So the 3DS and PS3 are irrelevant? They did poorly early on.

They never stopped getting FULL third party support, did they? 

EdHieron said:
ninetailschris said:
Panicnausia said:
Metallicube said:

2014 alone:

Infamous

Uncharted

Titanfall

The order

The Division

Watch Dogs

Dragon Age inquisition

Drive Club

Destiny

Quantum Break

The Crew

Thief

The Witcher 3

to name a few.

Sony's games have won more Game of the Year Awards in recent years than those by any other first party publisher.

Got a source on that or is that just your massive biased opinion?

Gotta love Nintendo fans who always fall back on the excuse that the Wii U isn't doing well because Nintendo "gave the industry what it wanted." Please. The Wii U is NOT what the industry wanted. In fact, they followed the EXACT same model they did with the Wii. HW that is slightly more powerful than last gen, which comes with a "gimmicky" controller, and is the cheapest console on the market. Unfortunately for Nintendo, it doesn't look like they are going to tap that well twice. If any thing, it seems they may continue on the downward slope their home consoles have been on since the SNES.

But hey, they always have the handheld market on lock.

STRYKIE said:
MohammadBadir said:
Blackbond? The same guy who graced us with the quote "if you're not a graphics whore, then you're not a gamer"?

A quote you're taking way out of context I might add.

What context are you referring to? the fact it makes him look a mssive idiot that doesnt know anything about gaming or that he's a giant douchbag for daring to say if you don't play games simply for graphics your not a really gamer.

Raises some valid pointspoints particularly towards the end, as evidenced by the fact that my gaming is split between my WiiU and PC. With the PC getting much more playtime and games. I expect harcore Nintendo fans to dismiss this as usual.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine