By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Blackbond and Jason Rubin Tell It Like It Is About Wii U

Hynad said:

These kind of threads are utterly retarded.

People's logic: SM3DW comes out. Doesn't sell 3 billion copies in a single day = it's a flop. Completely dismissing the very well known fact that games from those franchises are known to have outstanding legs.

Yeah, the Wii U isn't selling like it should. But it's still only a year old. Content is coming out. People and the media are talking about SM3DW, praising it left and right. It's the first extremely good release for the system (based on its universal acclaim both by the media and gamers who play it). All it takes for a system to sell is to have games worth the purchase. Mario Kart 8 is coming, the new Zelda will be shown soon, X is coming.

Sure, the Wii U won't get to the top of the gen sales wise, but I suspect it will be the second console for most gamers out there. It's too soon to tell if it will pick up or not. But counting it out this early is utterly retarded. In fact, I'd say those who count it out openly like the OP does are nothing more than attention whores and trolls. There, I said it.

almost every single third party is counting it out, also heard ubi will drop support soon, you expect the console to survive on zelda, mario kart and smash, when we know zelda is in a huge decline based of sky sword sales, at this point if wiiu manages gamecube numbers it would be great.

Around the Network

Wii U might become irrelevant, Nintendo themselves will not--especially with 3DS performing relatively strongly. So long as they don't irrevocably damage the quality of their intellectual property, then they are relevant.

Brutalyst said:
He did say something that got me thinking, about how back in the day Nintendo systems had some of the best third party games. In fact when we had a SNES in the house we brought it for Street Fighter II Turbo (and played it for hours).

Yet over the years the third parties have games have dwindled

Careful sir, this is a premise that the contingent who started with the N64 or later are alarmingly oblivious towards, it's painful seeing how many people are unaware that SF2 was the SNES's best selling individual game.

"but, but, you bai da nintendo console for nintendo gaemz!"

STRYKIE said:

Careful sir, this is a premise that the contingent who started with the N64 or later are alarmingly oblivious towards, it's painful seeing how many people are unaware that SF2 was the SNES's best selling individual game.

Stop bumping this dumb ass thread just to take pot shots at Nintendo by trying to be funny. Third party software matters but it also has to cater to the tastes of the gamers on a specific platform. For example Just dance franchise on Wii outsold Halo franchise on 360 and Uncharted franchise on ps3. People buy games they like, getting random ass shooter x and y on a platform that doesn't care as much about the genre is not going to help. I mention shooters because that is what third parties have been pumping out. 

I don't mind pew pew pew but that is me. If i see you online in some shooter game. You bet i'll be taking you down Mortal Kombat style but with a gun. 

Ahh damn i just bumped this crap of a thread to top of my VGChartz Buddy. *slaps self*

green_sky said:
STRYKIE said:

Stop bumping this dumb ass thread just to take pot shots at Nintendo by trying to be funny. Third party software matters but it also has to cater to the tastes of the gamers on a specific platform. For example Just dance franchise on Wii outsold Halo franchise on 360 and Uncharted franchise on ps3. People buy games they like, getting random ass shooter x and y on a platform that doesn't care as much about the genre is not going to help. I mention shooters because that is what third parties have been pumping out. 

I don't mind pew pew pew but that is me. If i see you online in some shooter game. You bet i'll be taking you down Mortal Kombat style but with a gun. 

Ahh damn i just bumped this crap of a thread to top of my VGChartz Buddy. *slaps self*

I wouldn't be saying it if I hadn't seen the notion thrown around in grotesque quantities elsewhere. I don't say this to be some egotistical perfectionst or whatever, nor do I really want to, but more often than not, they're too young to understand the metagame behind Nintendo's ups and downs commercially over the years. Sometimes is really is that simple. That's why Blackb0nd himself makes these videos, because of the apologists, not some weird anti-Nintendo propaganda that they wanna conjure up.

Also @ bolded...  lol.

Around the Network
Panicnausia said:
Metallicube said:

And who the hell made him god of the industry? Let the consumers decide if it's irreverent. It sure as hell isn't to me, as I just bought one, and have no plans on buying the overpriced machines from Sony or MS (which collectively have MAYBE one game worth checking out) until at least 2016.

Stating his educated opinion, when he worked in the industry means he thinks he is a gods??? He is right, the writing is on the wall. Even the biggest nintendo fan must see this. He certainly knows more then you about the topic.

399 over priced for a launch console??? Sure bud. Thats not much money.

Your post makes no sense consumerd are deciding it is irrelevant that's the point.

I've been buying Nintendo consoles since 1985 and have heard this same rubbish for almost as long.  There is no handwriting on the wall and I'm a realist.  So what if the Wii U comes in last place this gen....I don't care.  They made far more in profits than Sony did during the entire time Sony had the market with the PS2.  They can weather this out too.  If Nintendo was to discountinue the Wii U, it would most likely be from pressue that their greedy shareholders put on them. 

As for your second comment, if $399 isn't much money, then go buy a Wii U too!  It's a great little machine with lots of good games.

As for consumers deciding if it's irrelevant, give it time.  The PS3 and Xbox 360 are still selling great as there are tons of great games out for them and the are priced lower.

Now, grow up, buy all the systems and stop being a hater.

Stop hating and start playing.

RolStoppable said:
STRYKIE said:

Only in your world.

Meanwhile, in the real world everyone is aware that SF2 still played second fiddle to Nintendo games.

If it were down to me, I'd be vouching for Yoshi's Island and Mortal Kombat II, but neither caused spikes of market share and playground cred against the Mega Drive contingent as drastically as SF2 and DKC.

"It's not about my personal feelings, it's about what's best for business."

KingofTrolls said:
curl-6 said:
mutantclown said:
curl-6 said:

So the 3DS and PS3 are irrelevant? They did poorly early on.

They never stopped getting FULL third party support, did they? 

Nobody buys Nintendo consoles for the third party games.

Ok, now lets see how many ppl buys Wii U for 1st party games..

Then it is indeed irrelevant as a console manufacturer.