By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Blackbond and Jason Rubin Tell It Like It Is About Wii U

Yawn.

You'd think after two decades of claiming Nintendo is doomed they'd come up with new material.

So no yawn is even required, it's barely 'eh' worthy.

Around the Network

Hmmm... I don't think it needs to go as low as $199. I mean, if you take a closer look at the charts for the last two or three months (Since Windwaker release to be more precise) you will see that the Wii U is the console that has had a more steady growth week after week. Sure, it's a growth that doesn't get noticed much because the initial baseline was too low (20K) but it's a growth nonetheless.

I truly believe that with a $250 price tag, sales should stabilize somewhere around the 130K per week. Which should keep the console safe until the PS360 dissapears from the market and the Wii U becomes the only option available on that price range.

Blackbond? The same guy who graced us with the quote "if you're not a graphics whore, then you're not a gamer"?

Panicnausia said:
Metallicube said:

And who the hell made him god of the industry? Let the consumers decide if it's irreverent. It sure as hell isn't to me, as I just bought one, and have no plans on buying the overpriced machines from Sony or MS (which collectively have MAYBE one game worth checking out) until at least 2016.

One game checking out until 2016.......serously??

2014 alone:

Infamous

Uncharted

Titanfall

The order

The Division

Watch Dogs

Dragon Age inquisition

Drive Club

Destiny

Quantum Break

The Crew

Thief

The Witcher 3

to name a few.

He could have a PC were he would get half of those games. Plus Sony exclusive don't sell neary the level of third Party. Most people find there games irrelevant.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Metallicube said:

Still too early to proclaim Wii U doom, anyone jumping the gun on this, I can only conclude WISHES the Wii U to fail, because it is simply too early and we just do not have enough data yet..

Yes, Wii U won't go anywhere near Wii sales, but I firmly believe they can still achieve SNES level of sales/success, depending on whether or not Nintendo decides to lean more in the direction of releasing more Wii-type titles, rather than Gamecube-types, which they seem to be trending towards lately. We also have yet to see Wii U on the market during a christmas in which they actually have a somewhat viable library..

So we have to see how these Wii titles will pick up sales. If they don't (talking of games like Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, Wii Sports Club, Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, DKC, etc) THEN I'll be ready to doom the Wii U to N64/Gamecube/Dreamcast status. But we're not there yet.. But keep on hopin, haters! ;)

Yeah, not too much, until you factor in tax, at least one $60 game, $50 extra controllers, and the yearly fee for online services.. Yeah you're right, it totally makes sense to spend upwards of $600 - $700 on a console that currently has one halfway decent platformer, a generic exclusive shooter, and a pretty solid FPS but can be found on virtually every other platform.

It's not so sinister as people wishing the Wii U to fail (though i don't doubt that that is true in many cases). The core point is that people follow the horse race. The media loves a sob story. It's the same thing as the people who were saying "Obamacare is doomed" during the height of the website chaos or (to be fair) the people who were saying the GOP is on the brink of irrelevance during the shutdown (or, going back a bit further, how people were talking about a "permanent GOP majority" after Bush won his second term. Think about how long that one lasted).

Nobody really wants to take the time to talk about the big picture. The circumstances of the moment dictate the future in the public imagination.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
ninetailschris said:
Panicnausia said:
Metallicube said:

And who the hell made him god of the industry? Let the consumers decide if it's irreverent. It sure as hell isn't to me, as I just bought one, and have no plans on buying the overpriced machines from Sony or MS (which collectively have MAYBE one game worth checking out) until at least 2016.

2014 alone:

Infamous

Uncharted

Titanfall

The order

The Division

Watch Dogs

Dragon Age inquisition

Drive Club

Destiny

Quantum Break

The Crew

Thief

The Witcher 3

to name a few.

He could have a PC were he would get half of those games. Plus Sony exclusive don't sell neary the level of third Party. Most people find there games irrelevant.

Sony's games have won more Game of the Year Awards in recent years than those by any other first party publisher.

MohammadBadir said:
Blackbond? The same guy who graced us with the quote "if you're not a graphics whore, then you're not a gamer"?

A quote you're taking way out of context I might add.

ninetailschris said:
Panicnausia said:
Metallicube said:

2014 alone:

Infamous

Uncharted

Titanfall

The order

The Division

Watch Dogs

Dragon Age inquisition

Drive Club

Destiny

Quantum Break

The Crew

Thief

The Witcher 3

to name a few.

Although he certainly wouldn't be able to use a Wii U for any of them either.

The thing is, you're right, 3rd party > 1st party, and that's the fundamental problem, Nintendo is the only one here trying to play devil's advocate.

I somewhat agree, either step out of the console business and go third party or drop the WiiU and solely focus on the handheld market. I want to play all some of the WiiU games but don't want to fork out for another console, I brought a 3ds but that doesn't need justification, the WiiU does in my eyes.

EdHieron said:
ninetailschris said:
Panicnausia said:
Metallicube said:

2014 alone:

Infamous

Uncharted

Titanfall

The order

The Division

Watch Dogs

Dragon Age inquisition

Drive Club

Destiny

Quantum Break

The Crew

Thief

The Witcher 3

to name a few.

Sony's games have won more Game of the Year Awards in recent years than those by any other first party publisher.

Gta 4 got game awards. Game of the year are meaningless because nothing is objective.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max