By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU overtracked 40k in the UK

Seece said:
Zero999 said:
Mummelmann said:

That's where all this falls apart; do you realize that the Wii U could go up by 15-20% yoy in 2014 and still be beaten in lifetime sales before year's end by the PS4 or One even if they only matched the worst year their predecessors had on the market in their lifetime (6-ish million 360 and 7.5-ish PS3)?

That's how dire this situation is potentially looking right now.

And your last paragraph may just as easily be used against your wishes as for them, and it's not like yours or my choices will affect the console race one bit. The future is not set in stone; no, that's true but at this point I would dare suggest that it is carved into relatively hard wood at the very least. Now, even I am shocked by these recent numbers and my expectations were fairly low to begin with and I've been skeptical since 2011, how can you still cling to such an incredibly lofty outlook of the future with all this in mind?

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm trying to understand why, and at which point does the centers for reason and logic finally set in? There should be a limit, even to fantasies.

bolded: I cannot believe I read this. YOU SERIOUSLY THINK WII U WILL ONLY BE UP 15-20% YOY ON 2014????

the last paragraph is a quote.

I would never use the word "mean" to describe your actions. however, there are many words I could use.

Probably incorrectly judging by how many times you've called me names!

I see you expect a 50% YoY increase in 2014 based on your 9.3m and 22m predictions.

What are you expecting, fire sales?

Just what is your problem?

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:
Mummelmann said:

That's where all this falls apart; do you realize that the Wii U could go up by 15-20% yoy in 2014 and still be beaten in lifetime sales before year's end by the PS4 or One even if they only matched the worst year their predecessors had on the market in their lifetime (6-ish million 360 and 7.5-ish PS3)?

And your last paragraph may just as easily be used against your wishes as for them, and it's not like yours or my choices will affect the console race one bit. The future is not set in stone; no, that's true but at this point I would dare suggest that it is carved into relatively hard wood at the very least. Now, even I am shocked by these recent numbers and my expectations were fairly low to begin with and I've been skeptical since 2011, how can you still cling to such an incredibly lofty outlook of the future with all this in mind?

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm trying to understand why, and at which point does the centers for reason and logic finally set in? There should be a limit, even to fantasies.

bolded: I cannot believe I read this. YOU SERIOUSLY THINK WII U WILL ONLY BE UP 15-20% YOY ON 2014????

I would never use the word "mean" to describe your actions. however, there are many words I could use.

I see you expect a 50% YoY increase in 2014 based on your 9.3m and 22m predictions.

Just what is your problem?

I don't have one, actually I try and discuss sales with you and nothing else and you always flip out and change the subject, so I could aim the question at you but then I don't care for the answer anymore!

Brilliant Nintendo. Simply brilliant. What a wonderful way to waste 1 year and sentence it to an early death.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Mummelmann said:
Zero999 said:
Mummelmann said:

I used 15-20% as an example of what kind of scenario could play out. The real increase is hard to say, but seeing as how you're expecting one of about 450%, I'm finding it somewhat difficult to take you seriously.

Now, perhaps the Wii U will be up 30-40% or even more, that would still yield a very poor year end total and would still make it pretty hard to stay ahead, given (still) that the PS4 and One only manage the worst year their predecessors had.

I must say, you scoffing at my 15-20% suggestion while subscribing to the belief of a 450% + increase feels... weird, to put it mildly.

Sometimes, I think you're someones joke account, I refuse to believe that you're 100% serious at all times. Then again, you never know, there are some pretty crazy numbers and predictions bouncing around in here these days.

fallacies everywhere, so typical. you use the number 450% as if it meant something. even if we consider your still imaginary 2013 numbers, 450% of a low sales period is certainly achievable.

in the end, it's beyond laughable that you think 2014 will only have a small increase yoy over an already small number, and that's the year wii u will get mario kart, smash, dk, zelda and many others exclusives.

Seece said:

I don't have one, actually I try and discuss sales with you and nothing else and you always flip out and change the subject, so I could aim the question at you but then I don't care for the answer anymore!

I agree with the bolded.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Mummelmann said:
Zero999 said:
Mummelmann said:

I used 15-20% as an example of what kind of scenario could play out. The real increase is hard to say, but seeing as how you're expecting one of about 450%, I'm finding it somewhat difficult to take you seriously.

Now, perhaps the Wii U will be up 30-40% or even more, that would still yield a very poor year end total and would still make it pretty hard to stay ahead, given (still) that the PS4 and One only manage the worst year their predecessors had.

I must say, you scoffing at my 15-20% suggestion while subscribing to the belief of a 450% + increase feels... weird, to put it mildly.

Sometimes, I think you're someones joke account, I refuse to believe that you're 100% serious at all times. Then again, you never know, there are some pretty crazy numbers and predictions bouncing around in here these days.

fallacies everywhere, so typical. you use the number 450% as if it meant something. even if we consider your still imaginary 2013 numbers, 450% of a low sales period is certainly achievable.

in the end, it's beyond laughable that you think 2014 will only have a small increase yoy over an already small number, and that's the year wii u will get mario kart, smash, dk, zelda and many others exclusives.

So those games will drive that increase? I see, interesting theory. I'm surprised you even know how to spell the word "fallacies", as you obviously don't know what it means and when to apply it, I am known for these "typical" fallacies in here.

Zero999 said:
Seece said:

I agree with the bolded.

Why did you ask then? rofl.

What's gonna happen if/when black friday numbers come in and they're not what you're expecting?

(What are you expecting for curiosity sake?)

Seece said:
Zero999 said:
Mummelmann said:

He is expecting that Ninty will bundle for free one WiiU with each Xbone or PS4 to be the perfect companion.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Seece said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:

I agree with the bolded.

What's gonna happen if/when black friday numbers come in and they're not what you're expecting?

Just check his 10 week countdown prediction.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Seece said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:

I agree with the bolded.

bolded: you didn't get it. look again.