By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU overtracked 40k in the UK

Poor WiiU... cut it some slack... it's already really low and you want to take from it. Mean Seece.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
That's... surprising. We've had some killer deals on Wii-U this past year (£199 deluxe models with various games thrown in like ZombiU/Mario/Luigi/LEGO etc.). Thought that might have at least pulled it up a bit, although I guess that means that VGC was overestimating their effect.

Nintendo really need to step things up over here. This summer TV seemed plastered with Luigi's Mansion 2 every ad break; haven't really seen anything similar for any Wii-U games.

You are part of the problem, Snik! Not buying the Wii U during that amazing deal. Cruel.

Anyhow, that is pretty pathetic. And even more pathetic that VGC's number is actually "higher."

DonFerrari said:
Poor WiiU... cut it some slack... it's already really low and you want to take from it. Mean Seece.

I'd like the sales to be as accurate as possible, same for the rest! I've complained about 360 being overtracked in the US by a whopping 1.5m for months and months now.

Mummelmann said:

That's where all this falls apart; do you realize that the Wii U could go up by 15-20% yoy in 2014 and still be beaten in lifetime sales before year's end by the PS4 or One even if they only matched the worst year their predecessors had on the market in their lifetime (6-ish million 360 and 7.5-ish PS3)?

That's how dire this situation is potentially looking right now.

And your last paragraph may just as easily be used against your wishes as for them, and it's not like yours or my choices will affect the console race one bit. The future is not set in stone; no, that's true but at this point I would dare suggest that it is carved into relatively hard wood at the very least. Now, even I am shocked by these recent numbers and my expectations were fairly low to begin with and I've been skeptical since 2011, how can you still cling to such an incredibly lofty outlook of the future with all this in mind?

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm trying to understand why, and at which point does the centers for reason and logic finally set in? There should be a limit, even to fantasies.

bolded: I cannot believe I read this. YOU SERIOUSLY THINK WII U WILL ONLY BE UP 15-20% YOY ON 2014????

the last paragraph is a quote.

I would never use the word "mean" to describe your actions. however, there are many words I could use.

NintendoPie said:

You are part of the problem, Snik! Not buying the Wii U during that amazing deal. Cruel.

Anyhow, that is pretty pathetic. And even more pathetic that VGC's number is actually "higher."

AND WHERE IS YOUR WIIU NINTENDOPOO?!

I'd like one, for LEGO and Pikmin, but I can't justify the cost for two games.  Some time next year maybe.  And by then it'll have been discounted even further :P

Around the Network
Seece said:
DonFerrari said:

I'd like the sales to be as accurate as possible, same for the rest! I've complained about 360 being overtracked in the US by a whopping 1.5m for months and months now.

I like accuracy as well... but that is just to sad... don't play Ninty in the same gen they release, usually pick the left-overs... but I like them to have enough success to keep puting content.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Zero999 said:
Mummelmann said:

That's where all this falls apart; do you realize that the Wii U could go up by 15-20% yoy in 2014 and still be beaten in lifetime sales before year's end by the PS4 or One even if they only matched the worst year their predecessors had on the market in their lifetime (6-ish million 360 and 7.5-ish PS3)?

And your last paragraph may just as easily be used against your wishes as for them, and it's not like yours or my choices will affect the console race one bit. The future is not set in stone; no, that's true but at this point I would dare suggest that it is carved into relatively hard wood at the very least. Now, even I am shocked by these recent numbers and my expectations were fairly low to begin with and I've been skeptical since 2011, how can you still cling to such an incredibly lofty outlook of the future with all this in mind?

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm trying to understand why, and at which point does the centers for reason and logic finally set in? There should be a limit, even to fantasies.

bolded: I cannot believe I read this. YOU SERIOUSLY THINK WII U WILL ONLY BE UP 15-20% YOY ON 2014????

I would never use the word "mean" to describe your actions. however, there are many words I could use.

Probably incorrectly judging by how many times you've called me names!

I see you expect a 50% YoY increase in 2014 based on your 9.3m and 22m predictions.

What are you expecting, fire sales?

Kresnik said:

AND WHERE IS YOUR WIIU NINTENDOPOO?!

I'd like one, for LEGO and Pikmin, but I can't justify the cost for two games.  Some time next year maybe.  And by then it'll have been discounted even further :P

I've bought enough Nintendo consoles over the years. I'm allowed to step out of the game for awhile for one bad one.

Zero999 said:
Mummelmann said:

I used 15-20% as an example of what kind of scenario could play out. The real increase is hard to say, but seeing as how you're expecting one of about 450%, I'm finding it somewhat difficult to take you seriously.

Now, perhaps the Wii U will be up 30-40% or even more, that would still yield a very poor year end total and would still make it pretty hard to stay ahead, given (still) that the PS4 and One only manage the worst year their predecessors had.

I must say, you scoffing at my 15-20% suggestion while subscribing to the belief of a 450% + increase feels... weird, to put it mildly.

Sometimes, I think you're someones joke account, I refuse to believe that you're 100% serious at all times. Then again, you never know, there are some pretty crazy numbers and predictions bouncing around in here these days.

NintendoPie said:

I've bought enough Nintendo consoles over the years. I'm allowed to step out of the game for awhile for one bad one.

Go on then, how many Nintendo consoles have you bought.  More or less than me?  If less, that means you have to go out and buy a Wii-U right this instant!

(P.S. My number is more than 1 but less than 10.  Your turn!)