By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU overtracked 40k in the UK

Charttrack confirm WiiU LTD is at 150k.

Also PS3, 360 and Wii are overtracked too.

360 and Wii were 8.4m in June when 360 overtook, they're now 9.2 and 8.7 respectively, no way they've sold that much over the past 4/5 months.

PS3 was 5m early in the year and is at 6.1m, again far too high, PS3 sells on average 1m a year and that was during the peak.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Jesus

150k in a year!!??

LTD

WiiU: 150k
XB1: 170k
PS4: 250k

That's... surprising. We've had some killer deals on Wii-U this past year (£199 deluxe models with various games thrown in like ZombiU/Mario/Luigi/LEGO etc.). Thought that might have at least pulled it up a bit, although I guess that means that VGC was overestimating their effect.

Nintendo really need to step things up over here. This summer TV seemed plastered with Luigi's Mansion 2 every ad break; haven't really seen anything similar for any Wii-U games.

kowenicki said:
Jesus

150k in a year!!??

PS4 did 100k more in 2 days

This is troubling, especially when you consider the other bits of info related to the Wii U and its software for the past week or so.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network

No wonder why Knack crushed Mario 3D in UK!

No no no guys. Wait until Wonderful 101 comes out!

Kresnik said:
That's... surprising. We've had some killer deals on Wii-U this past year (£199 deluxe models with various games thrown in like ZombiU/Mario/Luigi/LEGO etc.). Thought that might have at least pulled it up a bit, although I guess that means that VGC was overestimating their effect.

Nintendo really need to step things up over here. This summer TV seemed plastered with Luigi's Mansion 2 every ad break; haven't really seen anything similar for any Wii-U games.

I think they need to declare it a lost cause and focus on other territories instead of waste more resources.  If there was hope, sure, but at 150K units, it's dead in the UK.

I mean who is actually surprised when they were running stories about the product being pulled from Tesco and all these other major retailers. I mean I am honestly shocked that Nintendo even does business still in the UK. They are clearly not wanted.

Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Jesus

150k in a year!!??

PS4 did 100k more in 2 days

No shit, Sherlock.