By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU overtracked 40k in the UK

Zero999 said:
shikamaru317 said:
Honestly, I feel like the best thing Nintendo could do would be to drop the bundled gamepad and bundle the Pro controller instead, and give developers the option to release gamepad features. The top two reasons that I hear from people who say that they don't want to buy a Wii U are the high price for it's specs and the gamepad feeling awkward. Unbundling the gamepad would eliminate both of those problems in one swoop.

so, no reasons?

Funny how you don't comment on the topic at hand :)

Obviously there are reasons people aren't jumping on board with WiiU or PS4 and XB1 wouldn't have outsold it in a matter of days.

Around the Network

It was bad enough without the overtracking. Now this?
What is Iwata thinking right now?

morenoingrato said:

"Thank god for 3DS, lets support it all we can!" You would hope.

I'm not so sure though, that Reggie PR piece that came out today seems pretty, in denial.

They are not related the markets. The 2ds is selling way better in england than in germany, even though 3ds just sells as good in england as in germany. At leat if you can trust amazon.

I believe wii u selling better right now, even in the uk.

KylieDog said:
Didn't they say 600k between PS4/XBone/WiiU?

250k PS4
150k Xbone
...leaves 200k for WiiU.

VGC has it at 190k. That is 10k room to spare.

You're assuming that the PS4 and One sold exactly 250k/150k, despite the PS4 at least being stated as over 250k.  It also assumes the One sold zero units in its second week.  Since they phrased it as "around 600k" not "hits" or "over" I suspect it is less than 600k.

We've also got the numbers Eurogamer published that had PS4 over 250k, One 170k, and Wii U around 150k.

We also know that the One has outsold the Wii U, and was a few thousand away last week.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Seece said:
KylieDog said:
Didn't they say 600k between PS4/XBone/WiiU?

250k PS4
150k Xbone
...leaves 200k for WiiU.

VGC has it at 190k. That is 10k room to spare.

Dunno where the 600k came from, they confirmed XB1 is ahead of it though, that's at 170k, they said WiiU is at 150k.

Thread around here somewhere.  Too many get made over same things.  Said between the now current gen systems was 600k total, did mention of 150k for Xbone.  The 250k for PS4 is reported a few places.

Leaves 200k for WiiU.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-02-playstation-4-uk-launch-sales-are-over-250k

Confirmed by Chartrack.

UK numbers company Chart-Track was not able to comment on specific sales figures for PS4 or Xbox One but did confirm that both have now outstripped the Wii U's lifetime sales in the UK.

Seece said:
morenoingrato said:

I'm not so sure though, that Reggie PR piece that came out today seems pretty, in denial.

There was a Reggie PR? Do you have a link?

Although I suspect it is going to burn my corneas.

morenoingrato said:
Seece said:
morenoingrato said:

There was a Reggie PR? Do you have a link?

Although I suspect it is going to burn my corneas.

Only have a GAF link, prepare yourself for polished PR nonsense! - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=726100

Seece said:
Zero999 said:
shikamaru317 said:
Honestly, I feel like the best thing Nintendo could do would be to drop the bundled gamepad and bundle the Pro controller instead, and give developers the option to release gamepad features. The top two reasons that I hear from people who say that they don't want to buy a Wii U are the high price for it's specs and the gamepad feeling awkward. Unbundling the gamepad would eliminate both of those problems in one swoop.

so, no reasons?

Funny how you don't comment on the topic at hand :)

Obviously there are reasons people aren't jumping on board with WiiU or PS4 and XB1 wouldn't have outsold it in a matter of days.

i think you didn't read my quote. well, i guess that's normal, coming from you.

KylieDog said:
Seece said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-02-playstation-4-uk-launch-sales-are-over-250k

Confirmed by Chartrack.

UK numbers company Chart-Track was not able to comment on specific sales figures for PS4 or Xbox One but did confirm that both have now outstripped the Wii U's lifetime sales in the UK.

See my post above.

Yeah I see it, what point are you pedaling now? They've as clear as day typed it out.

UPDATE: An industry source has told Eurogamer that life-to-date Wii U sales in the UK are still around the 150,000 mark after a year on sale.