By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU overtracked 40k in the UK

Zero999 said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:
shikamaru317 said:
Honestly, I feel like the best thing Nintendo could do would be to drop the bundled gamepad and bundle the Pro controller instead, and give developers the option to release gamepad features. The top two reasons that I hear from people who say that they don't want to buy a Wii U are the high price for it's specs and the gamepad feeling awkward. Unbundling the gamepad would eliminate both of those problems in one swoop.

so, no reasons?

Funny how you don't comment on the topic at hand :)

Obviously there are reasons people aren't jumping on board with WiiU or PS4 and XB1 wouldn't have outsold it in a matter of days.

i think you didn't read my quote. well, i guess that's normal, coming from you.

No I read it, you seem to think they're not reasons people aren't jumping on board (it's obvious they are, amongst others).

By the way how exactly is WiiU going to have 50% marketshare like you claim, when it's already down to about 25% in the UK after 2 weeks??

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Seece said:

Only have a GAF link, prepare yourself for polished PR nonsense! - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=726100

Thats one of the most rehearsed and sterile collection of words I have ever read.  There is no doubt he had those questions in advance.  But then he has the exact same answers to virtually all questions anyway.  And he never does an interview where the word "stellar" isnt used.  I fucking hate that word.

I almost threw up in my mouth reading all of that.  He can be so fake sometimes.

Reggie is PR, nothing more, I reckon Major Nelson has a more important job than him!!!!

Seece said:

Only have a GAF link, prepare yourself for polished PR nonsense! - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=726100

I don't think he even addressed some of the questions. *sigh*

KylieDog said:
Seece said:
KylieDog said:
Seece said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-02-playstation-4-uk-launch-sales-are-over-250k

Confirmed by Chartrack.

UK numbers company Chart-Track was not able to comment on specific sales figures for PS4 or Xbox One but did confirm that both have now outstripped the Wii U's lifetime sales in the UK.

See my post above.

Yeah I see it, what point are you pedaling now? They've as clear as day typed it out.

UK numbers company Chart-Track was not able to comment on specific sales figures for PS4 or Xbox One but did confirm that both have now outstripped the Wii U's lifetime sales in the UK.

UPDATE: An industry source has told Eurogamer that life-to-date Wii U sales in the UK are still around the 150,000 mark after a year on sale.

That 'industry source' doesn't add up the totals to 600k.  It puts Xbone at 200k.

Stop obsessing with this 600k, that hasn't come from charttrack. The numbers from chartrack are these

250k+ for PS4, 150k for 1st week XB1, 20k week 2, with XB1 outselling the WiiU in week 1 and sources saying WiiU is around 150k.

KylieDog said:

That 'industry source' doesn't add up the totals to 600k.  It puts Xbone at 200k.

You're still assuming that over 250k is exactly 250k and that around 600k is exactly 600k.

Around the Network

... that is why the various UK retailers all stopped selling Wii U. It has literally bombed there and at this point I am unsure it could rebound. It takes retail partners to do so and it looks like they all abandoned it there.

Seece said:
Zero999 said:

No I read it, you seem to think they're not reasons people aren't jumping on board (it's obvious they are, amongst others).

By the way how exactly is WiiU going to have 50% marketshare like you claim, when it's already down to about 25% in the UK after 2 weeks??

the wii u isn't expensive for it's specs and the gamepad is confortable = if someone doesn't want a wii u, it's not because of fake reasons. got it memorized?

did UK became the center of the Universe?

The only good part about this is if Nintendo decides to stop selling it at UK, i can probably get it at low price when it goes into clearance even if I'm buying it oversea ... I think.

Zero999 said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:

the wii u isn't expensive for it's specs and the gamepad is confortable = if someone doesn't want a wii u, it's not because of fake reasons. got it memorized?

did UK became the center of the Universe?

In your opinion, like I said the sales speak for themselves.

UK was around 8.5% of Wii's userbase. Not to mention it'll only be a matter of months before the same happens in the US, we're already looking at 1m+ launchs in the US vs WiiU's 1.4m install base there.

KylieDog said:
Seece said:
KylieDog said:

Stop obsessing with this 600k, that hasn't come from charttrack. The numbers from chartrack are these

250k+ for PS4, 150k for 1st week XB1, 20k week 2, with XB1 outselling the WiiU in week 1 and sources saying WiiU is around 150k.

The 150k isn't from charttrack either, is from Eurogamer. 

Source says 150k, I don't see why he would lie? Charttrack confirm Xbox One has overtaken WiiU and that's at 170k.

Why would the source say it's 150k when it's say 165k?

You're desperately grasping at straws here.